Any cat from Off topic wanna collab

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by SpecialOhEmPics, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

cool cats only yo, this how i throw down. Throw down with me. (5 yrs old but im still just as fucking cold.)

yea, its free, but only for a limited time. applies only to users of this forum..

apply below.
    test
  2. SpecialOhEmPics

got too many requests so only taking next one to ask!!! 99 spots takin, 1 left.
    test
  3. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Is there a particular reason you put ten reverbs turned all the way up on your vocals?
    test
  4. SpecialOhEmPics

i totally didn't thats why thats like probly max 2 seperate tracks, not mixed and off from one another, and still beast.
    test
  5. SpecialOhEmPics

do u know how to do that tho? that sounds fresh
    test
  6. brodeezy

brodeezy take this fuccin neg

omfg special goes the fuck in on tracks!!!!!
    test
  7. SpecialOhEmPics

yea man took a 3 year break from that shit for straite up practice too. DEADLY. spent 7 weeks straite singing to tung twista for 2 hours a day and i can do pale kid raps fast, faster than the pale kid
    test
  8. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Yeah. Adding reverb effects isn't that hard bro. Layering vocals off of each other isn't either
    test
  9. SpecialOhEmPics

if i match up the vocals exactly it doesent sound as good as 2 seperate tracks that aren't perfect
    test
  10. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

They're too far off is what I'm saying. When you double layer vocal tracks they should be just a few milliseconds off where it's just noticable. The idea is to have a layer effect. You've got something like an echo going.
    test
  11. SpecialOhEmPics

sooo ur saying i can be off but if im not too off it will sound better? ive been told lots
    test
  12. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

Yea basically

First track is fresh
    test
  13. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Yeah. You want to layer the second vocal track just barely offset from the first. The idea is for your ear to just be able to recognize the offset track from the original
    test
  14. SpecialOhEmPics

i always got the echo effect comments but people usually don't know what they are talking about. tried just barely offset and sounds mint man. i dunno if u were just being a dick but very appreciated!
    test
  15. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

N/P bro. What software are you using to edit with btw? You might try just using a reverb effect instead of overlaying. You get the same effect as overlaying with half the headache of trying to slide the overlay track to just the right spot. Especially if you're using something like audacity where you'd have to insert x amount of silence before it to get it in the right place.

Not being dickish at all man. I've done some track editing so of I can help with the little bit of knowledge I'll chime in.
    test
  16. SpecialOhEmPics

well that was 3 years ago got new mic now and years of practice i like basic i use mixcraft but i do have many waves vst plug ins
    test
  17. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I'm not familiar with MixCraft but reverb should be one of the default effect plugins. It's a super basic thing. I use CEP2 that I pirated to edit my podcast with. It's decent enough for that. I used it to make the few tracks that I've done in the past too. Just check online for your software's manual for info on using the effects. Or if you're like me you can ignore the manual and just play with stuff to learn how it works.
    test
  18. SpecialOhEmPics

next week il revive this and u can tell me if its better
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.