Answer me this about Lebron James.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by DocOctopus, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocOctopus

DocOctopus STFU and Listen

Why is this such a big deal? what the hell is wrong with.

1. Playin until your alloted time is up then switching to another team.

2. Wanting to play with your friends? Shit when I'm at work with my friends its a much better experience.

3. Wanting to win a championship? Seriously the Cavs are shit without Lebron for real. And he saw that and said fuck it I'm outta here.

4. He didnt disrespect anyone. He had a show because who the fuck wouldnt want their annoucement to be big? You think it was HIS idea to have a show? Thats what managers are for...

5. You say he ruined his legacy...HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU HAVE A LEGACY WITH NO CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS? Answer me that. Lebron SINGLE HANDEDLY brought that team back from the brink of shit and took em to a championship and they LOST.

If Dan Gilbert wasnt going to give him the supporting cast he needed to win a championship then of course he left, you would have too do not lie.

Oh and salt in the wound....Allen Iverson and Shaq may join the team too.
    test
  2. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

yea he's a grown man. he can make his own decision. its fucked up how cleveland is acting
    test
  3. yeee408

yeee408 Punching bag

Everyone went overboard but it was expected.
    If your a die hard fan of a team that is complete trash
    Than being able to draft a local superstar seems like a god send.
    You understand he is your only chance to see that team win anything worth mentioning.
    When he picks to go somewhere else you wont really want to understand.

If I was a fan of the Cavs I would be upset with the owner and GM for giving him shit
    but sports fans are crazy.
    test
  4. OhPityMe

OhPityMe Rep Soldier

People don't like when a young successful black man makes his own decision for the benefit of his future... thats what it boils down to.

Shits fucked up, these ESPNs, Fox's etc want to get all the fans riled up and siding with the team owners... fuck that I'll always side with the players first.

My only problem with it all is competition the NBA was great when the Jordans, Birds, Magics, Isiahs etc played against each other. This Free Agency period could have created 5-6 competitive teams but now look... how many teams are legit threats next season?

LA, Dallas, Boston & Miami... maybe Orlando, Utah, Chicago, & San Antonio if we're being kind.
    Not a good look for the league or fans of any other team. I'm not a fan but I really wanted the Knicks to turn it around... instead they got fucking Amare Stoudemire poor NYK fans.
    test
  5. DocOctopus

DocOctopus STFU and Listen

Shoot id love to see a superteam run through everyone. This is the team that is a true test for Kobe.
    test
  6. Yeah Dude

Yeah Dude New Member

Most of the personality characteristics that lebron has displayed through out his career and especially free agency are the opposite of what most people believe to be the characteristic of decent person.

He is not humble, he is selfish, vain, and lacks loyalty.
    test
  7. BelowTheHeavens

BelowTheHeavens New Member

Where does his loyalty come in question? He stayed with the same terrible team for 7 years, thats more than enough to decide to leave after not winning a championship. If he decided to be “loyal” and stay with Cleveland, he would have never won. At least not in the near future, his supporting cast isn't good enough.

So he wanted to win a championship, what exactly is wrong with that? And lol at him being vain, hes an NBA superstar, you telling me you wouldn't be slightly arrogant.
    test
  8. yeee408

yeee408 Punching bag

I think putting Dallas up there is kind.
    The Thunder pushed the lakers I would throw them up there.
    Phx is legit still.
    You have to put Chicago there.
    Dont sleep on Denver with Harrington
    Or Houston with Yao back
    test
  9. OhPityMe

OhPityMe Rep Soldier

I knew I'd forgot the Thunder as soon as I posted.

IMO PHX haven't ever been legit. Boozer doesn't put Chicago over... Denver maybe... Houston... maybe.

Legit legit legit threats to win a NBA championship next year: Miami, LA & Boston if you had to put your life on it... its one of them 3.
    test
  10. yeee408

yeee408 Punching bag

Boozer will help the #1 rebounding team be even better at that.
    Phx gets close to the finals that has to qualify as "legit"
    But I was just tryin to throw a wrench in it
    test
  11. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

This. It's crazy how many old white sports reporters, sports radio personalities, and sports analyst are going off on what Lebron did. Just like the owners rant, they despise a young black player having this much control and power in determining his future, because they frankly just aren't used to it.
    test
  12. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

Well Big IllZ just went to teh Heat.....
    test
  13. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

Los Suns ALWAYS give the playoffs a good run, and they make the playoffs every year recently.. they are more than legit...
    test
  14. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

The Lebron situation was about winning. I think everyone can agree with that.

It was also about getting the fuck out of Cleveland because it sucks there.

They clearly didn't know how to put a legitimate team around him with all those garbage acquisitions they made.

"Yea, we'll just put all these mid-tier players with no playoff experience around him!!!"

"Okay that didn't work, what about Shaq?" Yea let's get shaq, sure his team got bounced out of the first round last year but it doesn't matter!!"

"Okay that didn't work. I know!! We'll get Antwan Jamison....Genius!!!"

"Wow Twan's getting worked by Kevin Garnett and his fuckin dinosaur bones"

You can't buy a title in the NBA, you have to earn it.

And I know what you're gonna say..."What about the big three Phran?"

It's not like the breezed to that title. They played more playoff games than any title team in history. Including two back-to-back 7 game series' and two six-game series.

And only won the one........

Edit: Mo Williams is so wack he aint worth dissin.
    test
  15. TheOmega

to be fair. Twan worked his ass off for clevend and is theonly i feel sorry for.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

((((((((((((( IN THE FUTURE ))))))))))))))

**** LeBron James Accepted into the Hall of Fame, First Ballot ****

>>> Crowd Reaction <<<

-- He needed Wade and Bosh to win those championships. He couldn't have done it alone like Michael Jordan. He couldn't make the players around him better, instead he bitched out and went to play with already better players. Some Jordan prodigy he was, Fuck his legacy.
    test
  17. TheOmega

lebron was a first ballot hall of famer two years ago. And jordan didn't do it alone. Jesus.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

According to my interpretation of what people will say in the future, Jordan hung in there with the Bulls and made the people around him better (This includes Pippin). LeBron bitched out.
    test
  19. TheOmega

give lebron a 6'7 small forward who could play the 1-4 and come back ndtalk to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. Jimi Hillside

Jimi Hillside ._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Lebron will never escape intense scrutiny. No matter what decision he ever makes.

Personally, I think him going to play with Bosh and Wade is the greatest thing he could have done for himself, and the league. The casual basketball fan just started paying alot more attention.

Its going to be an exciting 4+ years. (I say 4 because they all have the option to opt-out after 4.)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.