Anorexic children..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Nov 13, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

It's horrible for grown women to be dealing with and obsessing over dying to be thin..

And don't get me started on the pro ana sites endorsing this ish and promoting "helpful tips" and "how to's".. :/ :mad:

But children?! And by children I mean in the elementary school - high school age range. In some cases it's fear over growing up/wanting to extend childhood combined with serious psychological issues..

Kids shouldn't have to worry about how may goddamn calories a table spoon of olive oil has, fcol..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Dat first verse tho.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Legs like bobby pins, trying to do da wiggle. :arsyeah:
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  5. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

I haven't seen any issues locally regarding that, obesity is a huge problem here though.
    test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

USA is a different world, they are feeding you a lot of sugar and other shit, literally shit, Gal is referring to the rest of the world.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

I'm not from the US.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

You are close to it.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Anorexia is a mental illness. It's not caused by modern media (although it doesn't help) magazines etc, it has existed since time immemorial.

Anorexics seem to have an inability to judge their own person properly. They remind one of paranoid schizophrenics. There have been studies done and Anorexic people that measure 5'5 at 80 pounds (adult) feel/see themselves as overweight. They're not lying or looking for attention either, the centers responsible in the brain light up - as if they are actually overweight and they do not like what they see/feel.

Anorexia seems like a mixture between schizophrenia and hypercondria to me.

It's not just that the individual perceives their self as obese but they also tend to believe that unless they eat less and less bad things will happen to their person.

But Anorexia isn't "new" ... and it wasn't caused by "models" --- we have records of Anorexia Nervosa going all the way back to the Roman Empire.
    test
  10. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Between pedophilia and Twamp, anorexia is one of the only few things that actually make my stomach turn. It also makes me want to cry. And other things.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test