Andrew Jackson > Your Favorite President

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by TheReturn, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

true talk
    test
  2. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

I dont know which is more presumptuous, the idea that youd know more about these men than me or the idea that I would give a fuck about anything you had to say.
    test
  3. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Which part of my post was untrue? Please tell me...

Are you ashamed of the fact that more than 98% percent of the presidents before the civil war were either slave owners(Planters) and open racists?

John Quincy Adams is the only legit president i can think of during that time period.

George Washington's only son, West Ford was bi-racial

I know it hurts you people to hear that your four fathers weren't as pure and just as your colonial bullshit text books make them out to be.

You my friend are IGNORANT!

Looks like Im going to have to come back to the spec and put people in their places like the old days
    test
  4. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

nah
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

if i was black i probably wouldnt like anyone who owned slaves
    test
  6. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

^I don't see the connection Rich
    test
  7. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

im just saying like no black people here like a.j. cuz he owned slaves

and im saying i feel that mentality
    test
  8. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

I thought he was being sarcastic.
    test
  9. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

we'll wait for you Rich
    test
  10. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

I wouldn't like them either, but I'm not black, and I don't think owning slaves has anything to do with how good of a president/general/badass you are. So my opening statement still stands. I'll concede Washington and Teddy Roosevelt, and probably even Lincoln, but my boy AJ is top five no doubt.

Fuck that Jefferson and FDR bullshit.
    test
  11. TheReturn

Attacking someone's character is not the way to downplay their acheivements. If I pointed out that Martin Luther King, Jr. cheated on his wife with (I think) a white woman, would that make his accomplishments during the Civil Rights movement any less important?

No.
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

Cheating on your wife will never equate to owning slaves in a so called "Free Man's" country.

Washington and Jefferson owning slaves for their entire lives goes against EVERYTHING they faught and stood for during the Revolutionary War.

Martin Luther King cheated on his wife with a couple of his church members not a white woman....He was fighting for Civil rights, not against married men sleeping with other women.

Like I said, Go read "Notes on Virginia" and learn about Jefferson's affair with Sally Hemmings. He describes blacks as dirty, filthy, stinky sub-humans but yet he decides to sleep with one.

You see what I mean?

And when I said that Reagan supported apartheid in south Africa and sold chemical weapons to Iraq, I wasnt attacking his character just his actions as president.
    test
  13. MyKe SeaN

You're an idiot if you think Andrew Jackson was top 5 and I hope you dont have any native american blood running through your veins. He slaughtered thousands of seminole and creek indians and burned their crops...

And dont let me get started on his role in the Trail of Tears.

You my friend are dumber than a ••• saluting the swastika flag
    test
  14. TheReturn

Fair enough, but following that line of logic, the Revolutionary War wasn't fought for blacks' freedom, it was fought for freedom from the British. Seeing as how it is widely believed that the founding fathers didn't consider blacks as people, how is it going against what they "stood for"? Owning slaves doesn't go against anything that the founding fathers stood for when it comes to fighting in the Revolutionary War. It doesn't even have anything to do with slaves.

As for the Trail of Tears, yes it's sad. Did you know Jackson also had an adopted Creek Indian son that he was sending to West Point to be educated before he died of tuberculosis? What if it didn't have anything to do with their race or heritage and was simply all about expansion for the good of the country? I can't stand Jefferson as a person or a president, but the Lousiana Purchase is one of the greatest points in American history, regardless of who was living on the land vs. who sold the land.
    test
  15. MyKe SeaN

The very fact that the "founding fathers" didn't consider blacks as people defeats the whole purpose of you trying to defend these cats. If they felt this way, why did they lust for these little slave girls? Both Washington, and Jefferson had bi-racial offspring. And I wouldnt doubt that there were other presidents and many influential men of the time who forced themselves on onto the female slaves.

The whole idea of the founding father coming to the conclusion that slaves were sub-human was just a cop out.

Were we sub-human when we faught with them in the French and Indian War? The Revolutionary War? The War of 1812?

ahhh The War of 1812 rings a bell. You know the same War when Jefferson was crowned a hero during the Battle of New Orleans....The same Battle where he promised some slaves freedom if they faught with him but only to RENIG on his promise

And who cares if he adopted a Native American boy? Does that make up for the thousands of Natives he slaughtered?

The Louisiana purchase was probably one of the biggest deals in the history of mankind...But look at how many lives were lost after the fact. I could go on and on...

Whats funny about this whole thing is that these same "founding fathers" claimed to be GOD fearing Christians but committed all of these attrocities....

I hate to say it but all of your "founding fathers" fried in Hell
    test
  16. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

lol @ thareturn defendin this evil hell born nigga andrew jackson
    test
  17. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

like myke just said, ALL of them niggaz are burning still to this day for that shit

true talk

.....babe ruth told me
    test
  18. MyKe SeaN

He's just been force fed Colonial Bullshit his whole life
    test
  19. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

test
  20. MyKe SeaN