Andre 3000 Bit Cee-Lo's style....

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by OurSin, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yall got me typing like nimrod....I apologize if i offended you.....
    test
  2. sw0rdzmAn

sw0rdzmAn aka shank sinatra

they are similiar yea...but the way the both sing is my opinion is influenced by black slaves down south....and that type of singing...

personally cee-lo's vocals are alot nicer then dre's...are far as singing he is alot more talented...

his last album soul machine shits all over the love below...easily..
    but nah he hasnt really bit his style..they are from the same location..same camp even..its a down south thing.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I'm uploading samples.....

I mean saying he bit his style is a little harsh..bu ti just wanted to catch attention......

But you can tell he pulled from Cee-lo's style......

and naw it's not really slave music...more like a combo of P-funk oldschool shit, prince, and neo soul.....
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

there you go.....Prolly should of picked a faster song by andre for the comparison...but i don't feel like going through all that shit again..lol......
    test
  5. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

Saying someone bit someone elses style is stupid. No ideas original, theres nothin new under the sun. You just referenced P-funk and Prince who had the style before Dre or Cee-lo but you never mentioned cee-lo biting princes style...what is the purpose of this thread? Is there some higher meaning you are alluding towards? If not your a fag...lol
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wtf.....yall nigggas catch feeling like lil bitches over this shit foreal......

lol.....are Cee lo and prince making music in the same time period?? (I know prince did something new but you know what i mean)....lol....and like I said...I just put he bit his style for the sake of getting more replies...lol....more like he was influenced by Cee Lo's style....

quit catching little feelings......it will be ok....

and wtf @ higher meaning...I made a topic on a message board in my free time...I'm not trying to ruin someones carreer...I love Andre's music.....
    test
  7. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

im not attacking you...nor am I trying to take sides really..I just thought your suggestion was random as hell and it doesnt really hold much water. But let me be civilized about shit.

For one, Andre is actually trying to sing, his style is Prince-esque. Cee-Lo is actually rapping while carrying notes sorta like R.Kelly has been tryin to do lately on some party joints and similar to the way BTNH used to do back in the dizzay.

Secondly, until just recently Andre and Cee-Lo were together as members of Dungeon Family. They shared studios, engineers, equipment and more likely than not, ideas. Its to be expected that they would have similar technical effects on their music.

The person out right now that seems most heavily influenced by Cee-Lo's style is probably Sleepy Brown. Not Andre.
    test
  8. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

They're from the same crew, they probably influenced each other, it aint really biting.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah....I feel you.....I see more of a comparison with him and andre though....

I think Cee lo does combine his rapping more with his singing....I also think Andre went the same route and just took it even further...to where he hardly flows at all
    test
  10. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Wether it was JUST the effect or NOT.. You still used it as an excuse... My point still stands..
    test
  11. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

I love ceelo but im sorry heres my humble opinion:

1. Ceelo is a WAY better rapper than andre
    2. Andre is a WAY better musician than Ceelo
    test
  12. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever read from you...

Cee Lo is a better rapper than Andre 3000 ?!?! lmao..and I would be less shocked if you werent FROM the south....as far as lyricism...Andre, and ESPECIALLY raw talent on the mic.....andre is one of the most talented rappers ALIVE right now....however, cee lo plays like 3 instruments fluently and I THINK andre can play the piano a LITTLE and he knows a few chords on the guitar...and he can play the drums fluently...so those statements are the exact opposite of reality.
    test
  13. Wird of Pley

I said in my opinion...
    I'm sorry but andre 3000 always bored me with the majority of his rap verses, but love below was fucking brilliance. And I always thought ceelo was a dope ass rapper but considered his albums unlistenable.

I didnt say it was fact, I said it was my opinion. Both good artists, easy to have seperate opinions on them.

And I'm not from the south dipshit I'm from massachusetts I'm in tampa for college. Dont fucking ever associate me with anything southern related or I'll be forced to get R Kelly to mace your ass back.
    test
  14. [ Yung Truth ]

However you clearly stated that you like cee lo so your opinion is biased from the jump....so its cool
    test
  15. Wird of Pley

I also shouldve said Andres a better "songmaker" or album maker than ceelo. Ceelos prolly easily a superior musician but as far as that "style" andre supposedly "bit from ceelo", he does it a hell of alot better than the fat and sexy one.

That was the point I was trying to make, I just worded it HORRIBLY.
    test
  16. Wird of Pley

My opinion is biased? WHAT OPINION ISNT BIASED IN MUSICAL TASTE?

Jesus Christ you win idiot of the week.
    test
  17. [ Yung Truth ]

Don't fucking ever diss anything southern related or I'll be forced to tell Kermit The Frog that you kidnapped his Adam's apple.
    test
  18. [ Yung Truth ]

Al Bundy, An opinion cant be BIASED when COMPARING two artists if one of the people judging the artists prefer one of the artists music more than the other ?...wow you obviously dont know what BIASED means or something Al....
    test
  19. Hyydro

Hyydro ah yes yes yall

thanks nas
    test
  20. Hyydro

Hyydro ah yes yes yall

that was good, lol

but wird has you on the musical preference thing.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.