Anderson vs Chael II

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

wow u layed alot on me there....

jones vs. machida to me is the most exciting fight in mma right now. this is a high level striker vs. maybe the most natural talented fighter in mma now. i feel that machida has a better chance than evans. and yes i feel that machida did beat rampage too. jones picks apart his opponents with strikes people aren't prepared for and machida's strikes are so measured. i expect for this to be a high action fight. i do expect jones to dominate jones to have an advantage on the ground but the majority of the fight will be a chess match on the feet.

the evans vs. jones match is interesting. i dont see evans being a match for jones on the feet. the wrestling match between them will be more interesting. remember that jones has NEVER been taken down ONCE in any of his mma fights. nobody really knows how he fights off his back EXCEPT for evans who by both of their accounts was able to hold jones down in practice.

as far as anderson vs jones that will be a fight i wanna c but anderson has no interest in it. in fact anderson has hinted many times that he is close to retirement. but mma needs a high level fight like this bcuz this will be one of the best (if not the best) mma fighter of all time vs. the future of mma. but that will be a very even fight i can't call that one
    test
  2. MeanMachine

MeanMachine New Member

anderson will kill chael the 2nd time around, no question
    test
  3. Tre Tru

Tre Tru Da Tru'th

lol only way Chael wins this is if he can get away with bein on ROIDZ again..and Anderson has an injured right hand...

Chaels a Doper ... that and Silva's injury were the only reasons he got as far as he did last time...
    test
  4. metroplekz

metroplekz Member

Bones is gonna fuck both of dudes lifegame's up without much difficulty doing it.

Machida HATES getting hit, and as soon as someone puts pressure on him he folds, if Jones goes in like he did against Shogun Machida is going to end up getting HURT

And considering he has Greg Jackson as his coach, expect Jones to go out like he did against Shogun, which means the pissdrinker will have zero posbility to guage reach and what not, and he'll get fubared.

Rashad is gonna get even more fubared.

DeathStryqe imma bookmark this page, and i'll be back to laugh your "black-belt in videogame violence ass" out of the fucking building after those two fights. You got one hell of a imagination though, all your theorycrafting aint worth fuck all though since it has no base what so ever in any kind of reality.
    test
  5. MeanMachine

MeanMachine New Member

~didnt read lol~
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Machida doesn't love being hit because he's a smart fighter,and there are literally zero bareknuckle national and international level fighters who can't handle pressure.I've trained bareknuckle for most of my life and I tell you right now you're dead wrong in that department.

Jones vs Machida will NOT be an easy match.You seem to forget that Machida was in that fight with Rua,exposing the fact that Rua (a prime uninjured Rua,not that guy who fought Forrest) is still vulnerable to body shots and takedowns...something that Jones used against Rua as a result.

MACHIDA-RUA 2:Lyoto Machida VS Shogun Rua 2 - YouTube

Machida's mistake was that he wasn't working his head movement enough (this is a glaring flaw imho for most MMA guys and quite a few K-1 guys) and if he works that area? Jones will definitely be in for a real fight.Machida has already indicated that Anderson Silva will be helping him prepare for this fight vs Jones,and that fact makes a big difference.When Machida trains with Anderson? He shows more elusiveness,better setups,better feints.He downloads a bit of Silva into his Machida karate.

MACHIDA AND SILVA SPARRING:Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida Sparring at Black House - YouTube

This is what happens to the guys they fight after they help each other prepare for a specific opponent:

SILVA V VITOR :Anderson Silva knocks out Vitor Belfort (FRONT KICK) - YouTube

MACHIDA V COUTURE: UFC Knockout Lyoto Machida v.s Randy Couture, Randys last fight in the UFC - YouTube

Notice the difference in the quality method elusiveness and techs used in both offense in defense when you watch the full fights.

Here's MACHIDA-RUA 2,FULL FIGHT:Lyoto Machida VS Shogun Rua 2 - YouTube

On top of that? Evans and Machida also provided Jones with the blueprint to tap Rampage,by proving repeatedly in that Jackson to being hit, taken down and subbed:

RASHAD VS RAMPAGE: rashard evans vs rampage jackson UFC114 (round 1,2) - YouTube

MACHIDA V RAMPAGE HL: machida vs jackson flash - YouTube

If either Rashad or Machida had enough time...like a 5 round match...either or both could have finished Rampage.

Here's what happens after Machida trained with Silva.

MACHIDA-COUTURE FULL FIGHT:

Lyoto Machida vs Randy couture - YouTube

Jones could very well beat Jones,but he won't just come in there and pimp slap Machida.This is a live fire fight.I think that Jones has the advantage but I think that Machida definitely can win this.

Doubt it,I see Jones v Evans as a very competitive fight too.But we'll see.

Not scared of a guy who talks keyboard krap. If you ever come on down to my spot in LBC CA? I'll be happy to show you that my "theorycrafting" is solidly based on combat reality...and videotape it for posterity.And that goes for anybody on Rapmusic who's near the Los Angeles area and wants to work out,or have a friendly or not so friendly sparring match; and I mean that with no disrespect to anyone. Btw metroplekz...Where are your fighting sparring and instructional videos? Probably as absent as your logic and scrappin skill are...
    test
  7. DethStryque

Anderson's bjj is solid to good,Maia's bjj is unreal...but Anderson dominates Chael in the subgrappling department no question.You're right. On top of that? Chael hit Anderson over 300 times whereas Anderson only hit Chael like what...30,40,50 times? Look at the damage done.Chael was a mess,Anderson was untouched.In this fight? Anderson will detonate Chael with strikes,and will really work hard in training camp to stop Chael's shots and bodylock takedowns.Silva isn't worried about Chael standing up; he can't hurt Silva anyway.
    test
  8. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

Holy fuck.. Glad I have dethstryque on ignore
    test
  9. DethStryque

Hopefully Anderson trains with Brazilian national wrestling team heavyweights to get his wrestling game up,along with their coaches and he'll simply oblieterate Chael in every way in their rematch.I think the rematch won't happen until Spring or Summer or maybe even Fall of 2012. I hear that Anderson is out for 6 months,it will take him 3-4 months in a training camp to get ready to atomize Chael,sooo....we could be looking at as long as 10 months from October of this year when the fight happens.Call it August 2012 at the latest.And that will be a blockbuster event,which the UFC should have Anderson and Chael Coach on TUF FOX for the buildup and have a UFC PRIME TIME on top of that to help the buildup buzz...and (of course) let Chael P. Sonnen be Chael P. Sonnen.

There is NO WAY that Chael decisions or submits a healthy Anderson.I do think that Chael poses a more severe challenge to Anderson than many of us Spider Silva supporters want to admit...wrestletfucking is hard to deal with if you don't dedicate a good 3 months or so to purely stopping the wrestling takedowns and clinch.Anderson clearly has a good base for stopping both,but he'll definitely have his hands full because Chael is coming to put pressure on Anderson and take him down.Anderson's footwork will annihilate Chael though and I see him being extra motivated if Dana allows the fight to be in Brazil as requested.Anderson stops Chael if they fight in Brazil almost 100% guaranteed.I think Anderson decisions Chael or TKO Chael's in Las Vegas; more likely manhandles Chael via decision.
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

ando via flying sassangle
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

off of the cage
    test
  12. metroplekz

metroplekz Member

[​IMG]

Sorry about the "homie" son, maybe he didnt drink enough of his fathers piss before the fight.
    test
  13. DethStryque

Nothing to be sorry about.The "homie" did a terrific job and even Jones admitted (during the postfight) that Lyoto was the only person to shake him with strikes and challenge his focus and self-confidence in the ring.They are both incredible fighters and Jones is simply unreal,improving by leaps and bounds with every fight.I even targeted the one area that could cause Lyoto to fall early in my earlier posts...his insufficient head movement.I even pinpointed way prior to the fight Jones' advantage in gnp.I pinpointed and predicted that Jones wouldn't land any of his spinning or jump or high kicks and I was right in every single thing that I predicted.Lyoto landed a right hand in round 2 but had his left hand low and didn't move his head; simultaneous with Lyoto landing a right to Jones' jaw,Jones landed a left hook to Lyoto's temple.We all know that temple shots can and do finish the greatest fighters.Lyoto went down,and Jones--being the marvel and killer that he is--pounced on him and opened Lyoto up with that gash.The blood and the pain blinded and compromised Lyoto,and Jones poured it on.Lyoto showed his ill skillz by fending off the gnp and regaining his feet even while dazed and blinded,but Jones did exactly what he had to do...he didn't let the elusive Lyoto get off the cage and start moving again.He locked in the guillotine choke crank and put Lyoto to sleep.Outstanding,outstanding fight.Although without a doubt Mir owns the submission of the century with his tapping and snapping of Nog.

And my offer to feel my sparring skill up close and personal still stands,metro.No disrespect at all intended.
    test
  14. DethStryque

I didn't even know you existed...and was better off for my ignorance in that area.Apparently,you at least know me well enough to want to put me on the ignore list.I didn't know you well enough to know that you were even on planet Earth or in existence AT ALL.My ignoring is better than yours.Lol.
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

machida and jones was a great fight. i expected machida to do better than the rest. still thought it would last longer though, but i guess with reward comes risk
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.