Anderson vs Chael II

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

*ground and snuggle
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I don't see any way that Anderson wins this fight. He caught Chael at the end of the last fight, but I don't see Chael making the same mistake again. I see a very boring lay and pray decision for Chael.
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Chael has made the same mistake about 80 times.....77 of them came against Jeremy Horn
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

how could you not see anderson winning this fight? he submitted chael with broken ribs. chael is open to a triangle choke EVERY SINGLE FIGHT bcuz he keeps his arms streched out. this is why anderson kept his guard low the whole fight instead of the usual legs wrapped around the back. as soon as anderson threw his legs up the fight was over soon after and chael has been submitted multiple times with the same exact submission.
    test
  5. ShaolinCritique

ShaolinCritique New Member

^.

Anderson may knock out chael. im just saying im gonna go ahead and say,

Anderson by k.O or t.k.o

If chael cant get him down, its over.
    test
  6. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

chael will take him down some
    test
  7. ShaolinCritique

idk bro, Anderson got taken down a ton in the last fight.

i think we all know what he's working on right now,

i bet he may even get a KO from a chael going in for a TD.

off topic: yo when can i make a thread?? like the shit wont let me.
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i dont think there is anybody who can stop chael from getting a takedown.

i think its like 20 or 30 post before you can do it. it annoyed me too when i first got here just be patient
    test
  9. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Anderson will slaughter Chael,and Chael's shots have been stuffed before. In fact,the injured Anderson Silva who was largely immobile took down the roided out Chael Sonnen twice that fight. In their inevitable rematch? Anderson will be almost impossible to takedown by Chael,and I predict Anderson will win by either lopsided decision or stops Chael via devastating TKO in 3.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

chael is famous for taking people down and holding them there for a long boring fight. dont get me wrong im picking anderson to win the fight. but i dont see him winning a lopsided decision thats just crazy. he will most likely knock him out or submit him with a triangle when he WILL get taken down
    test
  11. ShaolinCritique

yeah thats true, but chael is just stronger on the ground. Even when anderson had top position he just put on a wrestling clinic.

Chael is to wrestling as anderson is to striking.
    test
  12. DethStryque

Chael couldn't tap Anderson if he tried. Anderson's not just a solid bjj black belt (which is hard enough for a wrestler to tap) but he's a Nogueira Brothers BB with extensive experience grappling with the likes of world champion Jacare Souza and the Nogs themselves. Chael will work strikes and from there go for the takedown or seek to counter Anderson's strikes with relentless takedowns and tie ups. The problem here is that Anderson's best in the game footwork,unrivalled accuracy,shocking KO power,reflex time,defense and arsenal are such that Chael will be relentlessly punished on the way in...and isn't guaranteed a takedown for the above-mentioned reasons when we're dealing with a HEALTHY Anderson.

Anderson has more than the triangle from off of his back. Anderson can sweep and armlock Chael,which he proved in their last fight. When Silva was injured,let me remind you.Anderson also has a ferocious sprawl,and don't be surprised to see the resurrection of Anderson's lethal MT clinch for this fight vs Chael...which means that Diogenes Assahida will be back training Anderson for this fight.Bad juju for Chael.

Anderson will train with a bevy of Brazilian national wrestling team heavyweights and work his wrestling defense vs them and he'll work his guard,sweeps,subs,strikes off his back,and constantly threaten with movement.Anderson will end this fight before the 4th round starts,or Anderson will take home a lopsided decision and then we'll be through with Chael the moneylaundering roidman with the hella jokes forever.
    test
  13. DethStryque

Anderson was INJURED in that fight.We have no reason to assume that Chael was stronger.If he was stronger than Anderson? Than the accumulation of 300+ blows to Anderson should have stopped him. Could you imagine if Lyoto Machida hit Anderson 300+ times and was only hit back like 13 times or so? Chael isn't that fantastic of a wrestler either. Bet Jon Jones could take him down and keep him there. Rashad Evans would repeatedly take Chael down. Anderson stopped Olympic silver medalist Hendo's Greco Roman clinch,so Anderson (when healthy) will stop (nonroided) Chael too.

I think that Chael poses a danger,Chael is a fight promoter's dream insofar as gathering buzz and interest for a fight with Anderson goes,and he'll make as good an accounting of himself as he can.Chael is tough dude. But Anderson either TKO's him or just schools him with an UD.
    test
  14. DethStryque

Anderson will definitely win a lopsided decision or stop Chael. Chael can't handle Anderson's arsenal on the feet,so his best chance is to take Anderson down and keep him there. No love to be found. Anderson's footwork is too sweet,his ground scramble and bjj is too sweet and Anderson is a lethal striker off his back.Chael has definitely stepped up his subgame,but it won't be enough. Chael will take Anderson down maybe 3 times in the fight,and will pay dearly for it each time.Then Anderson escapes and stops Chael or clowns him.That's it,imho anyway.
    test
  15. Masshole 617

Masshole 617 New Member

I think anderson will stop chael in the 3rd or 4th. I mean chael's wrestling is top notch but andersons BJJ is unreal. Lets not forget his striking on his back. Chael may have had control of the first fight and came close to taking the title but look at his face in comparasin with andersons...silva looked untouched yet he was on his back the whole fight while chael ate vicous elbows to the face. I really want to see silva beat him easy and for gsp to take out conduit(whenever the fight happens) so we can finally see gsp vs anderson. There were talks of silva vs jones in light heavy but dana probably wants that kid to develop further and become that next silva. Either way its good to be an mma fan right now!!
    test
  16. eyec0n

eyec0n New Member

hahahahahahahahaha at this idiot hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha anderson isnt very good at bjj LMAO! hahahahahahahahahaha he tapped dan henderson u dumb fuck, chael was never close to olympic lvl wrestling and dan was? whats ur arguement towards that? hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah ur a fuckin dummy....he tapped chael the first fight? and he isnt very good at bjj? hes a BLACK BELT you idiot show some respect
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

anderson has stated that he doesn't wanna fight jon jones. I'd love to see gsp vs. Silva but lets be real silva is way too big for gsp.
    test
  18. eyec0n

eyec0n New Member

do none of you realize it was silvas strategy to let chael sit on top of him so he could tap him? chael insulted the Nog Bro's and Silva was planning on tapping him. Hence why he didnt try to throw his legs up for the tri angle the first 4 rdns...so when he did in the fifth, it would be unexpected and work, which it did. man i hate the MMA talk on this website someone of you are seriously fucking stupid
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

actually ive already stated that silva held his guard low the whole time to set up the triangle later in the fight. chill dont think everybody here is stupid bcuz a few people are dumb
    test
  20. DethStryque

Agreed that Anderson is too big for GSP (who I also am down with). Anderson is also too quick,too skilled on his feet,has too sweet footwork,is too accurate,too powerful,too good at bjj,too good in the Muay Thai clinch...just too good at everything. Jake Shields took GSP all 5 rounds and marked GSP up to boot while on the feet. Anderson would shatter GSP on the feet,and since Anderson practices defending takedowns vs Feijao and Junior Dos Santos? He'll stop GSP's takedowns waaaay more likely than not and punish GSP savagely for it. I think that damaging GSP's brand is bad for the UFC and bad for MMA right now.We need GSP and Jones to continue their meteoric rise,as they are the future of MMA.

With that being said? About my manz Jones I gotta say a few things...

...first? Machida is about to fight Jones and Machida is Jones' most problematic,most challenging opponent by far.The dazzling manuevers that Jones pulls off on most people due to his amazing combination of quickness,explosivity,agility and reach for the most part will be absent in his fight vs Machida. The reach will be there vs anyone,but a healthy Machida is plenty quick enough to not be thoroughly outclassed in that department like Jones' other opponents were,plus Machida is an elite karateka and therefore more familiar with the spinning kicks and techs that Jones uses (except the feint takedown-spinning elbow combo) than Jones is. If Anderson helps Machida this camp in prep for Jones as expected? This will be a serious fight. Machida most definitely has better bjj than Jones but Jones has the gnp advantage...although Machida is dangerous there too. Basically if Machida really works his head movement,and returns to his untouchable "Ghost" style with flashes of his aggressive "Dragon" thrown in? Jones is in for a 5 round fight or the first loss of his career...as Machida CAN take Jones down.Machida's unorthodox shotokan hybrid takedowns and leg sweep-kics are very hard to counter. And let's not forget that Machida is a genuine southpaw who's very adept at leaping in on foes with that unorthodox but very potent karate footwork (an even faster version is popular out here in the USA,and it's called "THE BLITZ" or "THE WESTCOAST RUSH". I've been using it for years and many others have been using it for decades now).Machida is skilled in sumo and I believe he's a judo black belt too,so expect this potent unorthodox brew to be at its best when he faces off against Jones. Btw I think that Machida won that fight vs Rampage.

Evans gets his shot at Jones if Jones turns aside Machida,and Evans is the most dangerous fighter for Jones in the sense of takedowns and quickness. Evans' fatal weakness is his lack of kicking prowess,but he's a very fast learner and he could be fully ready for Jones when they meet. Remember he had 14 months off before he destroyed Tito and he's been training with Diogenes Assahida,technical Muay Thai sparring training with K-1 stars like Tyrone Spong--the man who taught Anderson Silva his standup game. (I've attended seminars with Diogenes and his crew of champs and contenders who translate for him. Diogenes is the real deal folks; probably the best standup coach in MMA.He's that good.) Rashad will be ready for a standup war vs Jones,and Rashad has the best chance by far to take Jones down in a fight so we can see what Jones does from off his back. Remember that Rashad is training with the Blackzilians' bjj wizard Babu and that brutha Dr.Rhadi Ferguson--the only man to be Top 16 in Olympic Judo,silver medalist in bjj,and Top 12 in Abu Dhabi in history--in grappling and conditioning.He'll be ready for Jones,and this will be a good match. Especially with the personal animosity that these two have for each other.

But if neither Machida nor Rashad defeat Jones,and after Anderson pole axes Chael and Cung Le? Word from the fight campfires roundabout Brazil is that he'll face Jones for the title,beat Jones,abandon the LHW title (probably setting a LHW title match between Machida and Rashad in the process),and maybe fight a few HW bouts for big money.Then face somebody @ MW for his Swan Song fight or maybe...just MAYBE...a catchweight fight vs the HW Champ if it's not Junior Dos Santos for the title as his Swan Song fight. Think Roy Jones vs Ruiz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.