Anderson vs Chael II

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

How do you see this going?
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I think Chael had the stars aligned in the first fight and still came up short, this fight should be Ando's

3rd rd tko for Spider Silva
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

there really are variables in this fight

i think chael beating anderson on the feet happens 1 out of 10 times.
    wrestlefucking is a hard thing for a nonwrestler to counter. i dont care if he's experienced it already.
    looks to me like the lesson chael learned is to go for more subs instead of pitter pattering and waiting for mistakes to be capitalized upon.

stylistically its just not in anderson's favor. its one of those fights were anderson has a little under a half hour to finish chael or else he WILL get decision'd and maybe even submitted.

i like chael, but i definitely want anderson to win.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i actually see it ending the same way. chael will rush anderson and take him down. than he will relentlessly try to ground and pound which has left him open for submissions time and time and time again

anderson by submission in the later rounds
    test
  5. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

i see it going one of two ways tbh

Anderson stays on his feet and destroys Chael

or

Chael uses the same strategy from the first fight but this time pulls the trigger for the tap out win

either way the fight doesn't go past the 3rd i think
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

chaels bjj is nowhere as good as silvas
    test
  7. N A S T Y

I didn't say it was
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

not really sure how you can say this.

anderson isn't very good at bjj.

both have basically shown a decent working knowledge and that's about it.

i'd say it's about even, with the advantage going to chael because he has a better understanding of grappling and control.
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

dont be fooled by the first fight. watch closely, chael wasnt trying to submit.

he was just trying to ride him and bully him for 5 rounds.
    test
  10. N A S T Y

Jay Bee is the Gut Check of this forum
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ur mistaken. Chael was grappling and wrestling. That's not bjj. Anderson held his guard low the whole fight then he slapped his legs up and tapped chael. Chael has been tapped out like 6 times. Silva is a bjj black belt. That's a big gap. Chael will of course take down silva again and silva will work his bjj again without broken ribs.
    test
  12. Makabreli

Makabreli done

i know wrestling isn't bjj, but it actually teaches you things that give you an advantage over BJJ. after a little basic knowledge of what you're opponent is going to do when on his back, a wrestler is golden. of course chael isn't the best example of this because he gets wild with the ground and pound, but trust dude has learned the basics he just gets a little careless.

anderson basically spent 25 minutes trying for a triangle. that's really his answer when stuck on his back. it's a lot better than nothing, but it does not indicate high level jiu jitsu.

for an example of chael fucking around grappling with a dude that he shouldn't, watch the fight with maia.
    test
  13. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

If I was Silva I'd be drilling subs off of my back.

And then murder his face standing and keep him from snuggling him to a UD
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

wrestling doesn't have an advantage on bjj bcuz most wrestlers can't fight off their back. but chael is a beast at holding people down so its not a problem. im not doubting chael's skills though im only pointing out that silva had broken ribs so maybe silva will have a more active guard (as in his fight against lutter who is a bjj black belt) as far as maia goes lol maia is a FUCKING BEAST in bjj. theres very few people ive ever seen that can fuck with him. it will be interesting to see silva 100% this time and chael not on drugs
    test
  15. N A S T Y

Josh Barnett thinks you're full of shit
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

well I just steroid users stick together
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

anderson will win
    test
  18. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

I'd like to see chael win..but I doubt it'll happen
    test
  19. ShaolinCritique

ShaolinCritique New Member

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

loowwwww blowwwww.

But realistically, as a practitioner of BJJ i could tell you that MMA's point system easily favors wrestlers, especially wrestlers who know BJJ to some extent and can see subs coming (i know chaels been subbed a few times but lets be realistic he didnt get subbed by steve from isle 7).

If chael can take anderson down again which i think he can its gonna be a rough night for anderson OR chaels gonna get knocked out.

im a die hard anderson silva fan since the days of pride he's really one of the reasons why i picked up BJJ after i was already so into thai boxing.

but chael's wrestling is something u can tell he has been doing since probably middle school. i dont think theres anyone in the ufc with more CONSISTENT wrestling as him.
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

idk if i can see silva knocking out chael because chael refuses to stand up for long and if he can get his hands on silva for even a second, then silva is going down. id actually be more surprised to see silva knock him out then sonnen win every round via ground and pound.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.