Anderson Silva's an asshole (Says he's not impressed by BJ Penn or GSP)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I remember listening to a interview on ESPN Radio by an MMA fighter (I forget exactly who it was) that was talkin' about how Anderson's "modesty" is fake. It was a hispanic fighter and they were saying that after the fight with Patrick Cote (where he was getting booed), he was actually bein' a MAJOR dickhead on some "I don't give a shit what the fans think" shit but his translator was makin' him look modest.

Chael Sonnen spoke on it recently too about how he can actually speak English pretty fluently but acts like he can't because he doesn't like the fans.

Here's a clip of his "fakeness". One second he's not impressed by BJ Penn or GSP and the next he tells BJ Penn that he's the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pCEejs-tGE

I respect his skills (he has INCREDIBLE stand up) but I also do think they've been handpicking fights for him. Henderson could have beat him but chose to stand with him and got clipped in the second round, but outside of that, how many great ground fighters did they put him against? It's obvious nobody's beating that guy in the stand up. Honestly... How did Thales Leites even get that fight? They can say he was on a win streak but IMO, he DEFINITELY lost to Marquardt and if the argument was that they wanted to put Anderson against an elite ground fighter, it should have DEFINITELY been Demian Maia. Aside from him and Hendo, look at all the stand up brawlers they put him against.

We've already seen when he goes against ground fighters that he has been in some situations he doesn't want to be in. Travis Lutter mounted him and if he hadn't been completely WEAK AS FUCK from the weight cut (he didn't make the cut and he was EXTREMELY dehydrated and weak for the fight), he might have taken a L. But he ACTUALLY GOT MOUNTED by Lutter. Then Hendo took him down and then gained side control and controlled him for the entire round. If Hendo hadn't tried to stand with him, I think he could have actually beat Anderson... AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE HENDO.

Seriously... The guy to beat Anderson is Rousimar Palhares tho'. But Rousimar has a lot to prove before he gets that fight.

But either ways... I just felt this needed to be said... Anderson is and can be a prick.
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Delete this one please? Accidentally double posted.
    test
  3. DisFunction

DisFunction New Member

nobody in mma can or will ever defeat anderson silva..

bwhahahhaah @ ppl talkin bout that henderson fight..

watch the second round.. straight up ass whippin by silva
    test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

yo, I accidentally closed the other one. Edit the youtube link and we'll use this one
    test
  5. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

[youtube]_pCEejs-tGE[/youtube]
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That's funny you say that because the first round was the complete opposite. It was because Dan Henderson decided to play Anderson's game and stand with him. If he had stuck to what he was supposed to do (take him down and beat him on the ground) then he would have won the fight.

Again, Anderson's opponents have been handpicked for him. All stand up guys outside of a terrible Thales Leites (who didn't deserve that fight - if anyone, Maia did) and Hendo (who was winning the fight but fucked up in the second round). Asiide from that, they've handpicked ALL STAND UP GUYS against him.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lost in translation?

i'm pretty sure in that context, he meant it in the way that he didn't favor one over the other..lol.....
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

stand up guys? Nate, Lutter, Leites, and Hendo that's over half his fights as champ at middle weight.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Leites didn't deserve the fight. How many subs does Nate have? Last time I checked, he knocks people out and gets TKO's.

Hendo's the exception of an exceptional ground guy that knows how to get the fight to the ground. Again, Leites is good at straight jiu-jitsu but last time I checked, he got dropped from the UFC after losing to Alessio Sakara (GARBAGE) the next fight after the Silva fight. Lutter, AGAIN... MOUNTED HIM. But he was extremely weak because the weight cut. He didn't even make weight. He mounted him and had no energy so went for the laziest fuckin' arm bar ever and got rolled over.

Again, where are the top level ground guys? They keep putting him against stand up guys. Nate's jiu-jitsu isn't bad but what has he done with it in MMA? His last sub was in '08. Sorry du'. Nate is a striker. Lutter isn't that good. Leites is GREAT at jiu-jitsu but not MMA jiu-jitsu. AGAIN, IF ANY JIU-JITSU GUY DESERVED THAT FIGHT IT WAS DEMIAN MAIA.
    test
  10. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I wouldn't say they hand pick opponents for him or protect him, it's just that there really aren't that many big threats to him at MW.

Anderson feigns humility a bit for sure, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a prick. I think it's just a little bit of smack talk between p4pers.

The most dickheaded things he's said have been towards Wanderlei, Belfort, and Shogun.
    test
  11. Jenga

Jenga New Member

Got quotes on the Vandy, belfort Shogun things he said?
    test
  12. bgreen

bgreen Active Member

honestly...honestly....[​IMG]

honestly......anderson silva can say WTF he wants
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

what top level ground guys? Maynard? and who else?

you act like their is a large list to chose from at middle weight. lol
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Maynard is a lightweight. And honestly, I'm still bitter that they wasted a pay-per-view main event on Thales Leites and Demian Maia didn't get it. And honestly, as we've found out now: Sonnen has emerged. I would have gave the rematch to Hendo before I let Leites get picked apart (that also would have probably kept Hendo in the UFC - he wanted a title shot and didn't like that Belfort just jumped in front of him in line for the title shot).
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ me thinking BJ while talking about silva....smfh..haha

Sonnen was who i meant........

but my point still stands, aint really no good ground guys. Only thing i can see is Leites over Maia, but other wise Hendo got 2nd round Ko'd, dana wanted to bring in some excitement with Vitor although he had less of a chance.

But i mean Nate and Hendo both (at the time) earned their rematches best bet was to let them duke it out and fight the winner of the vitor/ silva...or better put, see who could fight silva again after he beat vitor.

Only real chance to beat silva is be a good wrestler.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Or a great jiu-jitsu artist that actually knows how to get it to the ground. After that NASTY throw we saw Demian Maia do on Chael Sonnen (a legit wrestler), he know Demian knows how to get the fight to the ground (something Leites looked amateur at).

Plus, Anderson doesn't have great takedown defense anyway. We've seen when someone really tries for it, it can be done. If Maia gets that fight with Anderson to the ground, he's going to sub him. And on top of that: Anderson's black belt isn't a high level black belt IMO. It seems like defensive jiu-jitsu. People always say: "Well he subbed Hendo..."

I'm like: "Fuck outta here... He got the sub because he rocked him."

If Hendo wasn't dazed the fuck out after getting caught then I highly doubt Anderson is subbing him.
    test
  17. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

I'd like to see Jacare/Silva, juss' sayin'.

Silva/Maia will be nice though. I'm hoping Maia gets Silva on his back without getting tagged standing so we can see how Anderson's ground game REALLY is.

I can't see Maia not getting rocked standing up at least, if not KO/TKO'd.

I'm expecting the same gameplan Silva used on Leites. Attacking the legs, picking him apart somewhat, leading to a decision or stoppage.
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

He shouldn't have got punched in the face then...lol

Hendo got his shot, and blew it plain and simple.
    test
  19. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I don't want to google for sources, but basically:

Wand - his move to 185 is pretentious.

belfort - Vitor Belfort is not a friend of mine. (in response to Vitor saying they were)

shogun - did not deserve to be getting a shot at Machida after 3 fights and 2 wins. (ironic since Silva was 1-0 in the UFC before fighting Franklin.)
    test
  20. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.