Anderson Silva to star in cop movie with Seagal

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Anderson Silva to star in cop movie with Steven Seagal - Bloody Elbow

test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  3. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

If this ever got to theaters I would have to see it.

I noticed this on MMAREPz but didn't think Anderson would have a big role,
    would he have talking parts?
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

seems like it.

anderson can speak engrish pretty well especially remembered lines. nobody will take home an oscar out of this anyway
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

Lorenzo Lameass? good one Aderson.
    test
  6. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

apparently lamas' films were huge in brazil in the 90s or thereabouts
    test
  7. brodeezy

brodeezy take this fuccin neg

Should relinquish his belt then instead of keeping the MW division clogged. He doesn't plan on fighting till late 2013 and he wants GSP at a catchweight, so we may not see him defend his belt till early 2014.
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

not believing a world of that

anderson is a known troll

wouldn't be surprised if this is about money

[​IMG]
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

^exactly

Anderson has leverage and knows how to use it. if ufc caved in to his demands, he'd fight any MW offered early 2013.

remember the whole "anderson won't be fighting chael if the arena thing gets cancelled" followed by "dana talked to anderson, the fight is on in vegas"?

[​IMG]
    test
  10. brodeezy

It's not like he was fighting over twice year anyway. Don't be surprised if he does take the layoff to open up his gyms and do his movies.

Regardless, he hasn't fought at MW since July and probaby won't for at least another 7-8 months minimum assuming the GSP fight doesn't go through (if it does, longer) so the MW division is just being left to shit.
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

This is either a bad joke or genius
    test
  12. Makabreli

Makabreli done

to be fair, the mw division needs time to produce a bankable contender anyway.

everyone on the net screams weidman because he beat munoz on a channel nobody watches. what everyone saw was his borefest with maia.

bisping is the money option but needs to beat a top ten guy.
    test
  13. brodeezy

Not really. People used to fight the weirdest #1 contenders back in the days of not taking 8 months between fights.. and then eventually a solid one made his way to the top.. but the whole point is to just keep the belt on the line.

I'm not for all that diva "oh but he's anderson silva and only has a few fights left so lets make em good opponents!!1" type stuff.
    test
  14. Makabreli

Makabreli done

so you're calling for more shitty title fights between ones that matter?

Not how fighting works. Anderson has earned the leverage to not take high risk low reward fights with proper money at this point in his career. UFC needs him more than he needs UFC.
    test
  15. brodeezy

LOL

I'm calling for the champ to defend his belt against the #1 contenders in the fuckin' division more than once a year. You're LITERALLY promoting diva shit and yes, defending your belt IS how fighting works. It's only been recently in MMA (though I imagine you started watching the UFC around the same time as Brock Lesnar, so I won't blame you too much) where fighters earn "leverage" to not take fights.

And fuck, like I said. Why be the MW champ if he has no intentions of defending his belt? Nothing wrong with relinquishing a belt if he has no intentions of defending it.
    test
  16. Makabreli

Makabreli done

If I'm promoting Diva shit, you're promoting slavery.

The whole point of capitalism is the right to build brands and compete with other brands. Since Anderson Silva is the biggest brand in MMA, he no longer has to fight for peanuts. If he is forced to fight for peanuts, that is slavery.

I'd rather see the real title defended in a real fight rather than two random guys fighting for a meaningless title, but I guess UFC should be more like M-1, right? ;)
    test
  17. brodeezy

peanuts?

Are you being serious right now? The guy could be going into the octagon and dismantle everyone in minutes and make millions of dollars every fight while defending his belt keeping everyone happy and the division active. He isn't making peanuts. He's sponsored by Nike, Burger King, gets a % of the PPV buys, and one of the biggest paychecks out of any fighter from the UFC.

Calling that "slavery" and getting paid "peanuts" is dramatic as fuck.

And I guess you can prefer to wait a year between fights and promote fighters being divas because they "earned it", but fight fans want to see fights. Not wait years for the off chance that someone better than Silva might come out of the woodworks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.