Anderson/Bonnar + Big Nog/Herman added to 153

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Jones has been hit. On the face.
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Hopefully Anderson faces GSP after he faces Condit.
    test
  3. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I hope so too. If that happens I think it's safe to say MMA succeeded where boxing failed.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ive been hit more times. and i dont get hit too often
    test
  5. LungZzZ

agreed
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I really think that such a match is unwise. GSP will lose that fight badly, and in the process damage his brand. Anderson has it all over GSP, and he just proved that a bigger stronger meaner wrestler in Chael can't take him down when he doesn't wanna go down. On top of that? GSP is still GSP. The UFC wins big time if he remains WW champ, as GSP attracts blue chip sponsors and the attention and adoration of a whole country.

Anderson should smash Bonnar, and...if Dana insists on GSP and the Spider meeting? It should be at a SuperFight with a SuperChampion belt on the line but neither WW or MW champ on line. Then Anderson needs to say...smash Rockhold and scoop the Strikeforce MW title belt or make a Super MW Champion belt for Anderson as a reward for making history and unifying the Strikeforce MW and UFC MW belts, then he can annihilate guys like Chris and the winner of Bisping/Stann...and then go up and snag the Strikeforce LHW belt on a 1 fight contract, then slap a few HW around then retire as the undisputed G.O.A.T.
    test
  7. LungZzZ

GSP I admit STILL doesn't seem happy about fighting/down to fight Anderson.
    I believe he could take Anderson down.
    He is a champion and will know how to bypass the short-grabbing.
    test
  8. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

GSP will get handled inside of 2 rounds. He just doesn't have the tools to even be competitive against Anderson. He's hittable [ Jake Shields ], he's able to be taken down [ Koscheck ], and his vaunted all around game isn't providing him with any advantages vs Anderson. Takedowns? Silva's bjj is at least as good as GSP's, so even if he does take Silva down [ IF he does, it won't happen more than once ], he won't be able to do anything with Silva and might get reversed, gnp'd, or tapped. Anderson's quicker, has better footwork, far better striking and far better striking defense, longer reach, more weapons, more experience, greater strength, more explosivity, he's bigger...there's just nowhere that GSP can win. That's the biggest problem.

And to make matters worse? GSP is perfect for Anderson horrific MT clinch, which we last saw him use vs Vitor Belfort and then with savage skill vs Yushin Okami. GSP gets destroyed in the first or second round.

Not only that? The UFC--if they have any brains at all--would keep Anderson as far away from GSP as possible. GSP is a blue chip champ with big sponsors and a whole country behind him, and GSP still has his best days ahead of him. It would really really be stupid of GSP and the UFC to fight Anderson.

They could make big money and appease Anderson by making a Superfight Champion belt, and having a series where Anderson fights Luke Rockhold, Chris Weidman, Michael Bisping/Stann winner, specific LHW guys like Silva Rua Gustaffson Evans and probably Cormier [ after Overeem defeats whoever becomes the current UFC Champ ].

Anderson vs Cormier would be a megafight...if Cormier takes the LHW crown [ prolly after Jones becomes a HW in 2014 ]. Anderson would have a megafight vs Evans if Evans took the LHW crown. The fight could be for the Superfight Champion belt. Another megafight that would be really interesting would be if Spong captures the Strikeforce LHW crown and Anderson fights him. I don't see Anderson gunning for the UFC LHW crown [ which he feels belongs to Machida ] but I definitely see him scappin with K-1 standout Tyrone Spong [ who lost a decision to Overeem in their K-1 title match ] as a way to have a kickboxing match with a K-1 star who's bigger and heavier [ of course ] than Anderson is, but who's still a deadly striking threat.

Anderson would be making history with fights vs Rockhold, Spong, Evans and/or Cormier [ Superfight Champ matches, not weight class title matches ]. See, we could define the Superchamp as someone who fights champions or contenders in the top 3 in the weight class half a class to a full weight class over his/hers, AND half a class to a full weight class below his/her natural weight class.

So we could see Rousey vs Cyborg in a Superfight match, conceivably [ neva happen, but still a good thought ]. We could see Jose Aldo vs Diaz [ who I think is going to beat Smooth for the LHW crown ]. Then we could see Aldo vs Benavidez [ I think Aldo would be the next Superchamp ]. After Anderson retires? We could see GSP vs Belfort, and GSP vs Diaz. There's lotsa tasty opportunities there in the Superchamp options.
    test
  9. LungZzZ

Only thing with the super fights you mention is that they are all Forrest Griffin/Bonnar types. The fighters you mentioned have more credibility, but they are by no means legends.

I want to see Luke vs some UFC fighters before UFCs Champ,
    Cormier is a decent heavyweight as well but I don't look at this dude as Jon Jones worthy, or Anderson Silva for that matter.

I like the point you brought up, GSP does have a big image, sponsors, but that is looking so far into it. I'm sitting back as pure fan, this is the two most dominant champs ever in the UFC, and they could face...Fun even to think about, though I do still think GSP can win, I'm only stating that because of the mention of Anderson...

I honestly could care less who won as I just want something as epic as this take place.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.