An average day for you?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by absolute zero, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

What does your day look like for workout days? I'm talking eating schedule, including supplements?

I'm going to be starting an eating schedule to try to lose some fat and keep building muscle. Anyways, here's what I'm looking at.

8:00 am - couple eggs, piece of toast, small protein shake OR glass of orange juice

11:00 am - Banana, yogurt, creatine

noon - gym

1:00 pm - postworkout - large protein shake, tuna fish

4:00 pm - Triscuits, milk, maybe some beef jerky or something

6:00 - grilled chicken, veggies, milk, brown rice

8:00-8:30 - fruit and/or yogurt

10:00 (or right before bed) - protein shake

Also going to start drinking about a gallon of water a day, and maintain working out 4 times a week.

I weigh 205 and my bf% is around 12-14%.
    test
  2. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Geez... you take all that food to work? lol
    I don't have an eating schedule I just try to eat when I can..sadly, today I've only had almonds and rice cakes, we serioussssssly need to go food shopping. The past few weeks I've been going to the gym everyday though, occasionally twice a day.. for about 1-2 hours and I've also been hiking a lot.. I should probably eat more :frown:
    test
  3. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

lol, on the weekdays i only work from 3-8 and i can take a break in between there to come home and grab something
    test
  4. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Haha I was picturing you with like 5 lunch boxes =-P
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

if you want to know about my gym chronicles just check out my thread.

ive said it before and ill say it again: the level of fat youre at (12-14) is optimum for building muscle. im sorry you just cant keep growing while maintaining fairly low BF (ab visibility) unless youre on a steroid stack that permits you to do so.
    test
  6. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

hmmm mine varies but I guess a typicial day would be like on a workout day

9:30-11:30 (whatever time i get up lol) - 3 waffles or 4 pancakes and a banana

around 12:30 - drink my no xplode and chill around for like 30 mins

1:00pm - goto the gym

2:00pm - drink cellmass and wait around for another 30 mins to an hour (damn empty stomach supplements)

3:00pm - eat lunch (usually chicken sandwich or turkey burger or a steak with potatos and a glass of milk and a salad)

5:00pm usually goto work

5:30pm get hungry and eat some food at work (yay seafood restaurant)

7:30 - get hungry again and take more food from work (Im always in trouble for eating they dont understand that I have to eat a lot damn management)

9:00/9:30 - head home from work and drink more cellmass (damn empty stomach supplements again)

10 or so - eat chicken or steak again with usually more potatos and a glass of milk

depending on how late I decide to stay up Ill eat again if i dont fall asleep

pretty easy going days...I live like 20 seconds from the grocery store so Ill usually just go and get one of their roasted whole chickens every other day and eat those or Ill grab some steaks if they having any 2 for 1 specials....I hate cooking chicken I never do it right ive given myself salmonella 4 times lol.... its either overcooked or undercooked so I gave up and just buy the ones from the store precooked, only 5 bucks for a while one and they are good.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

test
  8. XxLiLBuRnAxX

^^ Ehh i figured id give it a shot, ive heard more good things than bad things about it so I figured id try out the NO Xplode and Cellmass combo stack or whatever they call it. In order for me to stay on it tho it will have to really impress me because its quite expensive..
    test
  9. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Mine is pretty rigid mon-friday because of my work schedule but this will also change come the end of the summer...

6:00 Wake-up Glass of OJ, 30 Minute Swim (love having a pool in my backyard)

6:30 Oatmeal and a Grapefruit

9:00 Some Almonds or Walnuts (I keep a jar at work)

10:30 ON Whey Protein Shake

1:00 lunch (either chicken and yams or steak and yams)

3:30 ON Whey Protein Shake

5:00 gym (15 min cardio pre-workout lift for 1-1.5 hrs and 30 minute cool down cardio)

7-7:30 protein and veggies...usually grilled chicken or salmon with asparagus or green peas...something along those lines.

9:00ish I'll have 2 cups of the probiotic yogurt

Before bed I drink this special green tea called three balerinas or some shit.

I usually cook for a few days at a time.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

half BSNs shit doesnt work. i think they have some product called CEE3 or some type of creatine they invented or w/e which supposedly doesnt exist and thats what theyre battling in court.

if you want a creatine try a monohydrate or ethyl-ester (pure non of that blend potion shit). personally ive only had any luck with the esthyl-ester i didnt respond at all to the monohydrate.

creatine is a very very basic supplement its actually one of the cheapest supps and you really dont need one thats dressed up.

BSN is very good at marketing. their ads are very influencial and half their products just tell you what you want to hear but dont actually do shit. theres tons of guys at my gym who use their products and swear by them but most of it is hype.

my rule of thumb is stay away from anything that isnt a pure supplement especially if youve never heard of the shit before. quick story, i was at a gym one day to pick up some applications because the other one was out and i hear this guy talking about a product called Aftershock that they peddle out of a local supp. store and this guy really said that thre was no point to working out without it because you wouldnt get any results. ...yea. i just stood there shaking my head. seriously bro, theres scams and bozos in every aspect of life and every hobby. youll be able to spot the bullshit after a while.
    test
  11. Got Life?

prolly more scams and bozos in health and nutrition considering the cost of vanity.
    test
  12. XxLiLBuRnAxX

My problem with pure creatine monohydrate is that its gritty. I have tried everything to blend it from shaker bottles, motorized shaker bottles, blenders, spoons.....none work. I cannot drink gritty stuff Ill gag no matter how hard i try. So I have to settle from the creatine blends . Ive got a bottle of pure monohydrate sitting on top my fridge...been sitting there for months

Ive been weightlifting for 3 years, I know all about whats real and whats not and what needs to be done to attain results. The thing with BSN is that their No Xplode does actually work for me, its not so much the product itself but the large amounts of caffeine in it. If I took 2 of those 5 hour energy shots before working out I feel about the same in the gym. The reason I got the No-Xplode + Cellmass was because I figured that maybe this combo would yield some results together seeing how they are supposedly designed to compliment one another. We'll see after a cycle how well it actually works.
    test
  13. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i'm not really training right now...im taking a break i guess

my regular schedule during school looked like this...

7:00 am - 4 whole eggs, 1 orange, 1 oz nuts

10:00 am - during training
    drink biotest protein shake mixed with 1 scoop waxy maize
    11:00 am - after training
    drink biotest protein shake mixed with 1 scoop waxy maize
    thats about 500 cals together...and 100g carbs

12:30 pm - 8-10oz chicken breast, baked potato, 1 cup broccoli

3:00 pm - 8 oz lean red meat, 1 orange, 1 oz nuts

6:00 pm - 8-10 oz chciken breast, sweet potato, nuts

9:00 pm - 8 oz lean red meat, broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil

before bed - biotest shake 2 scoops, 1 oz nuts, sometimes i eat rice cakes...

i eat some fast food in addition to all this if i feel like it...it didnt really affect my fat composition

im not eating like that though now...i eat 5 meals a day now and just maintain things really...but i will get serious again soon
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

well creatine ethyl ester comes in a capsule anyway and the only monohydrate ive had experience with is micronized and instantly dissolves when you put it in your mouth. the simplest method is to just toss it in your mouth and throw in some water. it has no taste whatsoever either.
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

true. theres like 5 yoga stations on tv, theres also some goofy ass product being advertised too like the girating office chair, the infamous gazelle, the "bender" ball, and now theres even some gay ass sandals called fit-flops.

i wish i could take a hammer and drive it into peoples heads that there is no easy way. and things like hydroxycut are rediculously powerful and will yield a lot more bad than good to someone whos just looking for a shortcut.

people just need to get their lives under control man. put down the shitty food, do SOMETHING for exercise and shit just from that you can at least look normal.

oh and for christ's sake YOU CANT SPOT REDUCE so stop thinking 9,000 crunches are gonna make your stomach fat go away and give you abs.

you want to know some funny shit? i was arguing with 2 people at my work the other day because they said fat turns to muscle and i told them thats silly its like saying rocks can turn into flowers, theyre 2 different things. one of the people is on a supposed health kick...even though she looks the same, and still argued with me. i pulled out my sidekick about to google that shit up just to laugh at them but of course wireless phone internet sucks balls.
    test
  16. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I dunno man Ive tried 3 different ones and none of them dissolved like that for me. i mean I guess they are "flavorless" per say but I do know they are there because of the texture. I can mix it with something and no matter what I know its there. I would even try putting a scoop in the blender with my homemade weight gainer shakes and even with all that other stuff in there I could still feel the gritty creatine. Theres just some textures that I cannot stomach.

I also heard that the capsule creatine requires you to take like 20 pills at a time or something? Is that true?
    test
  17. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i doubted creatine worked for me, but i upped the amount to 10g a day of creatine monohydrate and it worked for me...
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

lol i take 4 before/after.
    test
  19. Got Life?

i unno why but i never tried creatine.
    test
  20. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I might give the capsules a try when I run out of cellmass...are they expensive? How many do you get in a bottle? Cuz taking 4 at a time doesnt seem like itll last that long
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.