americans vs brits on live ..

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Lucifa, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

there's a nice long word ..
    test
  2. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

The people that leave their mic on while they mumble... Just mumble, could it about the day or anything. One brit mumbled about his day for an hour.

Then someone little kid was talking to his mommy, he sounded like a mix of Norm McDonald playing Stewart and Pee-Wee Herman. Just rediculous.
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

ha yeah .. I've handed the headset to my gf to listen to a funny voice ..
    test
  4. Complete Chaos

I just unplug it, it comes over the speakers then.
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

voices sound different from the tv speakers compared to the headset .. mainly cos it's coming though with the games sound fx ..
    test
  6. Complete Chaos

But if it's a prepubescent 12 year old with a high pitched voice screaming at his mom, I think the message is still the same.

They shouldn't have talked their mom into buying GTA for them.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

My first thought was you were being satirical, but now with this post I don't know. Which is it are you being satirical or do you think it is a truth that everyone in middle america is stupid? If your being stirical as I initially thought then I find it rather david chappelle-like still, but if your not than I feel rather bad for you knowing that you actually believe in these stereotypes. My first reply to you was satirical, I thought you would of known that when I added the joke in there about elitist confidence. The whole elitist vs middle america thing, I thought it was funny.

Why without evidence would you believe I'm part of middle america just because I noticed something you said is more of a stereotype rather than a truth so I produced my own stereotypical satire? Now your impling it's pretty much a fact they're all close minded, is that not close minded thinking as well? Not everyone in middle america is ethnocentric. Being ethnocentric can apply to anyone in any country really. It's like saying all blacks are afrocentric just because they are black and grew up in a black culture. Not all blacks are afrocentric because they grew up in a black culture, for example Thomas Sowell. I wasn't offended, I just thought we were playing around, but now I'm concerned you might actually believe this hasty generalization. Though I would hope not, I hope you're still just joking around for your own sake!
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

lmao @ whoever said it isnt both ways

fuckin UK ass players in gears, i fuckin hate it

why? because it seems that the ratio of players is at LEAST 80/20 in favor of UK players, i can barely EVER find an american hosted room. maybe thats because americans dont use the host advantage and the UK loves to? or the playerbase is just lopsided. either way, thats annoying, but i dont come out and diss them about being from the UK...usually im in a chat with a friend, we check the connection, where from, and leave if need be.

now when you actually think the UK connection might be half decent and you stick around, soon as the host or connection in general shows a great advantage for them they talk SO MUCH shit....and are definitely just as quick to call us out on being american as we are on calling them brits.

half the time im in a chat with a friend throughout my matches, being i broke my headset speaker, i can still use the mic but i have to set it so i use my stereo speakers. well in chat i noticed you can hear your friend, and only he can hear you, but i can also listen to everyone else in the room talk between rounds, or my team during the round. i couldnt count the amount of times i ended chat to pop shit back at some UK guys.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

nah i was playing around.......and your getting into territory i dont have the energy to get into at the moment
    test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I didn't mean it doesn't happen both ways .. but from experience and using a UK based gaming forum .. it would seem the brits get called out first .. I know damn well there are real cool american guys and gals that actually love the fact they're playing with/against brits cos they have zero problem with our nation .. and I have americans on my friendlist .. including Liquid6 although we haven't played a game yet lol ..

I read your comment and well .. yes it happens .. and I do feel you on the whole host advantage thing (which also works both ways) .. which is something that is more of a problem in GoW than most other games ..

also I would say that GoW / RB6V / CoD4 seem to be the main games that the slanging matches happen in .. but still experience it in Forza and PGR ..
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I've always known you were a laid back cool guy who liked to joke around at heart. My type of people.

I need your opinion on a good game to buy. I've been thinking of buying a new game, but I just don't know.
    test
  12. jayoo

yeah i agree, in games like nba 2k8 or somethin i got no problems, GOW is just a large advantage if your connection lacks in the slightest, being its so far away
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i dunno to be honest.........i wanna get ninja gaiden next...but im not sure yet...right now im back on the orange box...id say if you havent played mass effect yet...you need to if your a fan of scifi.....like if you like halo...mass effect is a sure bet....think of halo on a larger more epic scale
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I was thinking about ninja gaiden as well, I just don't know if it's worth the money.
    I'm a huge halo and scifi fan though. I'll check into it, thanks.
    test
  15. jayoo

yeah mass effect was a great game i really fuckin enjoyed it, almost couldnt put the controller down, beat it faster than i had hoped
    test
  16. Complete Chaos

Ninja Gaiden is worth the money.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.