americans vs brits on live ..

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Lucifa, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I see it online in text form .. but even with voice chat in a communal game .. americans seem to feel the need to call out the "brit" .. why is this? .. there are all sorts of nationalities playing online but americans always go straight for the english guy .. whether it's over the voice comm or via gaming tactics .. and some will even "warn" other yanks to a brits pressence lol .. crazy ..

the biggest problem with this is all think they're being original and funny by mentioning "tea and crumpets" ..

what's the deal? I don't get it ..
    test
  2. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

because most of the americans you're playing with are ignorant..

i also hate playing with brits, not because you guys sip tea, but because it lags.
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

thats what happens when you play with middle america.....

middle america = idiots
    test
  4. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Because most brit's think they're better than us at everything, so we prove them wrong.
    test
  5. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

It goes both ways.

I made an English pal just last week. He was trying to talk shit, but I could only laugh at his mush-mouthed accent, so eventually he starts talking all buddy buddy with me.

But I blend with the Brits. Talking with them helps my fake accent and I can usually get away with talking with them without them knowing otherwise. Then I team up with them vs the Americans.
    I feel like a traitor spy, and as if the secret service would kill me for such treason.

I do jamaican/patois too, but everyone just asks me about weed.
    test
  6. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

It definitely goes both ways. I've seen brits in cod4 attack us for no reason whatsoever. I've heard some pretty twisted stuff from them. However, I don't attack brits unless attacked first (same goes for any other nationality, French excluded).
    test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I'm not so sure about the "both ways" thing though .. or it's atleast a far smaller ratio of brits that will talk shit for no reason but that someone is american .. we tend to hate on the french and germans far more .. but we know what to expect when we join a lobby that is like 80% american .. it even deters me from speaking sometimes just so I can have a nice peaceful game ..
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Because most people don't respect other people no more. I'm not sure they ever did or ever will to be honest. Or perhaps the feeling of talking shit over a internet connection makes them feel safe and therefore bolder in their rude posture.

Most of it is just jokes anyway. Why so serious? Go with the flow. Laugh at'em if they can't take a joke and joke'em if they can't take a laugh. Some people on this site have such senseless insecurities about bullshit that does not matter.

Honestly, back in the 90's I witnessed fist-fights break out over video games. Consider yourself lucky.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

So by this logic all middle americans are idoits? I see, well thanks for the elitist confidence.
    Infact are you not doing what you claim they are morons for doing? who all should be blamed for your own actions?

Chill, it's not that big of a deal.
    test
  10. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

I talk shit but its not based on region,race or religion. Just when i'm kicking your ass around I might scream out "WHO'S YOUR FUCKIN DADDY".
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

^ LMAO

I would probabally respond, I'll have to check those results with maury povich. just to be funny.
    test
  12. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I like when brits and Australians fight.
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

I suggest you take your own advice
    test
  14. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

It does go both ways in my opinion. I don't really talk shit though unless someone says something to me first. But I've had People from outside the U.S call me out just because I'm American. The tea and crumpets bit goes both ways too, because I can't count the number of times I've heard "Fat, lazy, American why don't you go to McDonalds because I know you love McDonalds" or some shit like that.

I don't care though. It's a game and people who talk shit would never say that shit to my face, guaranteed so they can have it.
    test
  15. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

its been times playing gears where brits would just come out and start talking shit to me after like the first round calling me garbage, a worthless yank blah blah, get raped the rest of the match and have nothing to say, i usually just keep my mic muted
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You seem to of misinterpreted my positions meaning and intension. I was simplely giving you food for thought. So you don't get caught up in the the clap-trap of ignorance. Do not be offended by advice. I just don't want you falling so easily into a clap-trap of ignorance. I've taken my own advice I'm not insulting anyone like you did, i'm going with the flow, not taking anything seriously, just giving advice on a light hearted situation. Not personally insulting just helping you remain civil in the face of such childish arguments. I think your better than that.
    test
  17. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

we love McDonalds too .. you can't walk 5 miles here without passing a McDonalds .. but the stats say that America is the 'fattest' nation .. with Texas being highlighted as the 'fattest' place on earth ..

and menaz .. it's not that I take it serious .. I just don't understand why so many americans 'attack' brits .. just cos the person is british .. and like I say .. I know its not 1-way traffic but the proportion is far greater in our direction .. and yes it's mostly the 12-17yr olds .. but still .. I've had 'abuse' from guys that sound in their 30s/40s .. lol ..
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

First you have to ask yourself do I really care? Also it depends are you kicking their ass in the game? or are they kicking your ass in the game? Are they just being guys doing guy things like playing the dozens? Maybe they spot your from the UK thus making you new and different to the group and a fun target to crack on. Perhaps they're ass holes. I'd say your taking the situation too personally. Nexttime just try going with the flow. If they notice your a weak little bitch who takes things so seriously, they'll keep on you, that's how learned behavior works with the cromagnum man.

Theres no way for me to know if your telling the truth on this proportion matter. So I'll have to take your word on it, but substitute that argument with the proposition which suggests at different times in the day when your not on the complete opposite is true. Thus the greater proportion could be UK offenders. Infact, This process of exchanges/insults could proportionately switch back and forth all day along like a teeter-totter. However, Behind all the nationality bashing, this is actually more of a guy thing than a we literally hate the english or american thing.

And no matter where you go in this world there are teens that sound older than they actually are and it freaks me out as well espeically when I was buying weed off a 14 year old in amsterdam who sounded like he was 25 years old. Not saying those guys where teens that sounded older just saying they could of been.
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

haha yeah .. the voice thing is mad .. and that works both ways too .. been speaking to people that sound old but then say they are younger and vice versa ..

lol @ just cos I made a thread about the topic that I take it personally .. it bothers me very very little .. but it does strike me as a bit odd that 2 nations that stick by each other in real world terms (most the time anyway) .. will bicker under the umbrella of nationality ..
    test
  20. LiQuiD6

dog , i dont know why the hell your still rambling on about ignorance and insulting and civil this and that....please...your preaching to the CHOIR....
    you didnt get that by quoting you i was insinuating that "Most of it is just jokes anyway".....theres no advice you can really give me...the idiot option was more just a joke on the truth...its just painfully obvious you were offended because your from middle america....but lets keep it real....middle america tends to be more close minded towards other nations because it is not exactly the most cultured areas of the country therefore magnifying its ethnocentricity.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.