America has the best battlers in the world and is the best country in the world

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by IKNOWALL, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

The education you get at Canada's top 3 Uni's directly compares to ivy league schools. Mcgill and U of T hold the same prestige as ivy league school. Just because YOU don't recognize them doesn't mean the REST of the world doesn't.
    test
  2. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

Knew I shoulda put work in for those extra 5ish points. My student loan people seem to indicate a pretty significant difference between 85 and 90 :(
    test
  3. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

If this is before God even finished creating the universe, one day isn't necessarily the 24 hours we know.

Honestly though, I don't follow a specific religion. All I know is that scientists best explanation - the big bang theory, also contradicts fundamental laws of science. I also just think that everything in the world is too well organized and in symbiosis to just have been a "coincidence".
    test
  4. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Religion >>>>>
    test
  5. JackDeuce

I kinda wanna neg because I couldn't oppose the viewpoint more, but I generally like you and consider you smart so I won't. (god that's gay af to write about someone I have never and likely will never meet)
    test
  6. SiegeSupreme

Sorry but this isn't true at all. I'm not doubting the education, but the prestige is totally different. If both a Canadian from UBC/U of T or McGill & an American from an Ivy League school applied to a job (let's say in the UK), and both had the same GPA, I gurantee the American would get priority 9/10 times. Sorry but it's not even close. This is further proven by the fact that many of the faculty at Canada's top universities are graduates of American Ivy League schools.

Maybe you should read this persons frustration over Ivy Leaguers given priority over her U of T education -

Does Canada have an Ivy League? » Ren Thomas
    test
  7. lightskintwin

Isn't smart and religion contradictory?

manikpanic
    test
  8. SiegeSupreme

Repped. lmao
    test
  9. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

no no no. Because apparently on the 7th day that's a rest day...known to us a Sunday. My entire knowledge of actually reading the bible includes having to read genesis in Law class. Then I cant say for certain but Islam and Judaism share common links with some guy named Abraham. Now I bet research into those religious would yield some evidence to this 24 hour bit. Holy days are different for each religion but I find religious people much to pious to even consider actually reading other "holy" texts.
    test
  10. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

Heres a quote from your link...."Having visited the Graduate School of Design and seen their students’ work around this time, we were surprised to find that our work was quite comparable to theirs; in some cases, better"
    test
  11. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

"Hell, even if the education of your Universities were equal," You do express doubt in our uni's providing the same level of education. You even italicized it....
    test
  12. SiegeSupreme

Heres a quote from me

That's literally the first line of what you just quoted from me. Again, I'm not saying the "work is inferior" but the prestige of the two universities and the weight that their names hold aren't close in the slightest bit.
    test
  13. SiegeSupreme

Private institutions usually produce better educated, and better equipped students. This has been true throughout history. Canada has low college tuition costs because they are public and the government helps pay.
    test
  14. lightskintwin

Dead @ some guy named Abraham.

arsyeah
    test
  15. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

"Canadian: So you’re from Pennsylvania?
    American: Yes. I went to XXX School. (pause for reaction)
    Canadian: Oh yeah? (blank stare)
    American: (confused) It’s a really good school.
    Canadian: Ohhhh. (realizing the faux pas in not knowing the names and reputations of all 45670 American schools) Well that’s great. (unimpressed)

That’s right, I said it: we don’t know your schools the way you don’t know our prime ministers. Or our provinces. Or our capital."

This is why there is no influence in our socity, maybe in the land of americunts. and maybe aswell as the 100-to 200 people in all of Canada that have to worry about competing with Americans from ivy league schools ABROAD.

I can go for days with this guys quotes. He keeps pointing out how Canadians don't participate in the elite "class-ism" that America is based around....

"I have yet to meet a Canadian who was impressed by the schools I attended, nor have I encountered any innate sense of superiority among graduates of these schools. Yet when I attend conferences, I frequently find myself having this conversation:
    American: Oh, you’re at UBC?
    Me: Yes.
    American: Oh, that’s a really good school. (impressed)
    Me: Is it? (seemingly amused, but actually quite curious)
    American: (confused) Well, yes.
    Me: Why would you say that?
    American: (stumped) I…hmm. (because I’ve heard of it)" Im still readin it...
    test
  16. SiegeSupreme

You can't say there is no influence in your society just because the average person may not know the name of every "really good school". As I said before Harvard, Yale, Princeton are all GLOBAL names. If you speak the English language and don't know those schools you live under a rock.

And they do have influence because as I said earlier, they're beating out other Canadians for Canadian jobs IN CANADA. The person you're quoting in the link even says many teachers are now from Ivy League US schools.

test
  17. JackDeuce

I'd like to think I'm smart and when I first started watching battles I was amazed by charrons ability to rebuttal things. Being impressed by charron is much dumber than an invisible guy in the sky who has all of life planned
    test
  18. SiegeSupreme

Bullshit.

Chuggo isn't invisible.

manikpanic
    test
  19. JackDeuce

Rm needs to start allowing me to rep from my phone
    test
  20. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

He says that because they directly recruit them for their prestige. And that's just the teaches of Canada's supposed ivy league schools that have the higher rate of american staff. PHD educated teachers are about the only job influenced then buy this why would the majority of Canadians give a fuck?

"I would love to say that this kind of academic snobbery does not exist in Canada, but it is pretty standard here to imitate Americans. Most of my friends in design professions hold Ivy League degrees in higher regard"

This is between fuckin PHD holding doctors, I bet these ma fuckers would all agree with me when I say Canada is better than America, but would also probably agree with you on the prestige of schools. But this is not comparable to the average Canadian who does not give two fucks.

EDIT: I can easily say that this doesn't effect Canadian society because it only affects a very small amount of people to a small amount of programs here, and very and I mean VERY few jobs are influenced by it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.