America has the best battlers in the world and is the best country in the world

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by IKNOWALL, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

So I see you're not going to argue about the quality of our higher educational systems being better? Smart guy. manikpanic

But obviously you need great SAT scores to get into great schools. Why would it be otherwise? The point of the SATs/ACTs are to show colleges where you are and how you learn. There's no point in sending someone with a 1300 to Harvard because he won't be able to keep up with other students and will flunk out. And comparing prestigious schools to your average for education doesn't mean anything. The average for college here is about $20,000, which is less than what you said you're paying. Plus we're also getting a better education that we'll actually be able to use.

However, a better telling statistic would be the percent of income for tuition. Ivy League schools usually have more "upper-echelon" kids, so paying tuition is nothing.

As I said before, I'm going to college for 700 a year, which will equal $2,800 for four years manikpanic . I'm expected to make around $96,000 a year straight out of college as well.
    test
  2. SiegeSupreme

LMAO. Confirmed idiot.

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE REFERS TO THE GOVERNMENT. If someone wants to be anti-abortion because of they're own PERSONAL beliefs ( which they can have via 1st ammendment), that's their choice and doesn't go against the separation of church and state at all.

If you honestly don't see that the beliefs of an individual don't violate separation of church and state you should really go back to school (not an inferior Canadian school though) and take an entry-level poly-sci class.

And not all anti-abortionists even have a religion. Some just belief it violates human rights, the right to life, or is just inhumane in general.

Once again, you're completely wrong. I'm actually starting to feel bad for you.
    test
  3. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

You fail to realize that going to college in America is equivalent to community college in Canada. And Colleges don't offer degrees(though they have agreements with 3 year college courses with 1 year of University to earn a BA) Uni vs college in USA not a big difference. In Canada any fuckwit can get accepted to a college in reality. Without trying. University on the other hand....Require abstract thought process and the ability to to think. Not shown how to use your hands. What career field are you Planning on?
    test
  4. SiegeSupreme

Was this supposed to be offensive? Philadelphia is a very large and famous city with a rich history and culture. By living here I was able to attend a school on the Main Line (one of the most expensive areas in the country) and also pay little-to-nothing for an Ivy League level education. I'd MUCH rather live here than be a curling athlete.

I hope your were trolling.
    test
  5. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

Also within the top 30 schools in the world the Canada has the 3rd most prestigious schools. After the US because you are 10x the size of us I expect 10 times the amount of prestigious schools ya dig?

We have 3 in the top 30. You have 21. Now if we extrapolate that based on your population being 10 times that I would expect you can see where I am comin from by not giving a single fuck about the ivy league schools
    test
  6. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

Tell me more how you have elected Government officials...HUNDREDS of them who vote based on their religious beliefs.
    test
  7. SiegeSupreme

I'd say that there is a VERY big difference, and any college ranking I've seen would also note a difference. None of your colleges are even close to ours on the list. I also haven't seen any foreign students going out of their way to apply to Canadian "universities".

And right now I'm majoring in biomechanical engineering and business with minors in biology and japanese language & literature.
    test
  8. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

WHY DO AMERICAN RUN AROUND TOTING FREE SPEECH AS IF MOST COUNTRIES DON'T. It is a basic human right recognized by most.
    test
  9. SiegeSupreme

I completely agree with this. But your statement about this somehow violating the separation of church and state is stupid in all honesty.

Because they are individuals, they are allowed to vote as such. Freedom of religion is one of the first rights ever garnered to Americans. Governors are expected to base votes of their opinions and beliefs, what they think is right or wrong. If one of their beliefs is a religious one, they're completely free to do that.

There is a difference between the US government passing a law because it's a Christian government, and the US government passing a law because it was voted on democratically by people who happen to be majority Christians.
    test
  10. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

test
  11. SuomiMetal

SuomiMetal \m/

Your floors must be dirty as shit
    test
  12. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

All this discussion is retarded af and everything, but solely on this point, I can personally attest to this happening a ton. Canada and America for the average citizen are roughly equivalent places to live, with their ups and downs like every other place in the world. I'd choose both over Syria somewhat easily
    test
  13. SiegeSupreme

It has nothing to do with "equivalent places to live". That post was solely for number of foreign students who apply, where Canada is no where close to the US.

Canada & America may be equivalent places to live for most, but the higher-education isn't equivalent for most.
    test
  14. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

Just because it is not wrong in the legal sense does not make it fundamentally wrong, if you avoid paying your full share of taxes through legal loop holes. In all legality you're fine. But that is still something that is fundamentally flawed.
    test
  15. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

Yeah, oops, I meant to break that down into 2 parts. Americans have old, prestigious universities and such. But all this "my country is better, no mine is" is just weird. Nationalism <<<
    test
  16. SiegeSupreme

Once again, every American school on that list is an Ivy-League level school , the best of the best. You aren't proving anything by comparing the best schools in the world to those shitty Canadian Universities that I've never heard of and aren't anywhere on the list of Best Colleges in the world. You pay more for better quality..which is how it always is.

I can find US schools which are just as cheap as Canada's, but in the long run which degrees will carry you further?

And as I said, many students don't pay near these amounts, since all these schools also have great financial aid. John Hopkins is listed on there as $42,000 but I'm only paying $2,800.
    test
  17. SiegeSupreme

WHAT the FUCK are you talking about??

How is having your own opinion "fundamentally wrong"?

If I'm a very dedicated Christian, than many of the beliefs which are ingrained in me come from the Bible. Therefore, largely, the Bible's opinion = my opinion. It isn't possible to separate religion from your own opinion when you truly believe in that religion.
    test
  18. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

Canada is on 9 times so Congrats on your scholarship. Canadians who have an average of 90% in high school pay next to nothing like your self
    test
  19. SiegeSupreme

Thank you. All I'm saying is...Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Hopkins, UPenn are all names which are known globally, like Oxford & Cambridge from the UK. You can take a degree from these schools anywhere and will be given priority over basically all other applicants. The Canadian universities which are on that list wouldn't be given priority. This isn't just my opinion, it's fact. Your colleges may be great Universities. But they aren't equivalent or even close to being equivalent to America's Ivy colleges, so of course you're paying more.

Hell, even if the education of your Universities were equal, they still wouldn't be equal because of the benefits that come with having a degree from an Ivy League school. Given priority over other applicants, meeting people who mostly grow up to be extremely influential, etc.
    test
  20. 3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild New Member

[​IMG]

In my opinion most belief out of the bible are fundamentally wrong. If god created the whole world n shit in 7 days. Then humans magically are here. Why is there scientific evidence proving dinosaurs were here millions of years before us? That is fundamentally flawed. My belief is if there's per-say 30% of the world believe in christian 30% in Islam 30% in Judaism. Well guess what, most of the world is wrong, and I won't be proven wrong by choosing not to know and understanding that until I can be convinced otherwise I will say all religions are incorrect.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.