Am I the only fucker around here who don't take supplements and shit.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snow Turd, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IProFound

IProFound Chokyonim

I actually wrote an essay for this recently to update my personal training certification.... I'mma go find a good quote from it or somethin...

"I personally have never used a supplement beyond the occasional vitamin or protein shake mainly because I am a very stubborn individual. I feel that if you change your diet to include these things without having to go outside of it, you are doing yourself a service in the long run. Not all people are that dedicated to it, or feel they have the time to sit down and figure it all out for themselves. So they go to the local GNC looking for their life's answer. It is here they find business people, not nutritionists. They are there to sell a product, and they will do that the best way they know how to- dressing up a product so it appeals to the buyer.

This is where the problem begins. If people haven't previously done their own homework or even asked their doctor about it, they could be getting themselves into trouble. Don't know what Ephedra is? Well you might be putting yourself at risk for high blood pressure and a eventual stroke. Many other products could be doing more harm than good for people without them even knowing, which is very alarming and very real."

Edit about Protein Shakes: Show me one omnivorous person in the United States that does NOT eat enough protein in their diet. The servings for any portion of meat anywhere are so gargantuan that I bet you 95% of Americans that eat meat are gettin' enough protein. Protein is not stored in the body as protein- it's stored as glucose. The body cannot store protein. Glucose is energy, but if not used, it's turned to fat. The protein that cannot be turned into glucose is excreted from the body. Any nutritionist worth their degree will tell you that you DO NOT NEED PROTEIN SHAKES. That is a myth of lifting, and it's amazing how many people waste their good money on protein shakes which, essentially, they are just shittin' out.
    test
  2. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

funny how nobody needs protein shakes yet every single bodybuilder out there drinks one. i guess you know more than them
    test
  3. IProFound

IProFound Chokyonim

Don't take my word for it, look it up for yourself. I spoke with my nutrition professor @ my college about this very topic just last week, because weight lifting came up in a class discussion, so I wanted to learn more about it. I was under the guise that it was beneficial, too. She explained it to me in detail which isn't necessary to regurgitate, but she definitely made it clear that the body will store excess protein as glucose, and expell the protein it cannot store. Simple as that, so you can take that for what it's worth. I know I don't use protein shakes, I eat plenty of protein in my diet, and I have been making great gains in my muscle mass. I've gained over 8 lbs in the past couple months, and it's actually been speeding up. It's a myth, my friend.

If you can give me facts as to why a person needs a protein supplment if THEY HAVE ADEQUATE PROTEIN IN THEIR DIET, I will gladly stand corrected, and start the shit tomorrow.
    test
  4. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

you're young and just have a lot of strength, you don't smoke or drink, occassional drug user. unlike murderah, i'm not gonna suck your dick about it.

but your size doesn't show in your pics for 225.. i will say you have pretty broad shoulders which is good, at least when wearing a polo.

i like this quote

"it's not how much you lift, but how much you look like you can lift"
    test
  5. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

How about this...

"He might be big, but is he powerful?"

Said by Bruce Lee after his friend commented on a bodybuilder who was drawing a lot of attention from the ladies while he was walking by at the beach where they were at.

Size does not always equal power.
    test
  6. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

that would be an irrelivant quote to me since i'm not a skinny asian..
    test
  7. style-rip

its easier and time efficient to drink a protein shake than it to buy, prepare, cook and eat poultry, fish or egg whites.. consuming small n frequent meals is the way to eat, regardless of whether ur goal is fat loss or muscle gain. to keep yor body constantly in positive nitrogen balance, u have to consume protein about every 3 hours. for most people, eating this often is nearly impossible, thats when a high quality protein supplement is most helpful and convenient
    test
  8. style-rip

not to mention that for most of us, we go to work, and arent around the george foreman grill for 8+ hours, and that's where RTD and protein bars come in handy. that's why they are called a "supplement"
    test
  9. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Skinny?

Bruce Lee was one shredded mofo who could bench over 200. Not bad considering he weighed in the 130's.
    test
  10. IProFound

IProFound Chokyonim

My statement was that most American's consume enough protein in a day, which is true. I wasn't necessarily speaking about it being the BEST way, just that the excess protein that is consumed through supplemental forms is largely going to be stored as glycogen or be expelled because it cannot be used. Pretty much any meal that a person eats out that has meat in it has more than enough to cover their protein needs for that period of the day. Is it the best way to go about it? No, but if you aren't under some type of diet where you control your food and are eating as the AVERAGE american, protein is unneccesary and wasteful.

Though I do agree that it can be a good idea to supplement protein for different purposes, most people are wasting their money with the shit.
    test
  11. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

WTF, do you want a fucking prize or some shit?

I ain't saying im the best or nothing but your lifts aren't impressive for you size son. You always bragging about how much you bench and shit fuck outta here. Let me brag.. how much do you squat or deadlift? You probably don't even do that shit because you limited lifting knowledge. My fitness knowledge smashes yours. I could run circles around you, easily. Not to mention my strenght/weight ratio surpasses yours. I could be benching 315 at 185 by the end of the year, RAW, no straps, gloves , belts, suits.. and benching is not even my best lift dunny. Fuck outta here.

I take supplements because they're helpful. I won't get my protein requirements from eating chicken all day, no way. Not enough chicken, not enough money. If I had enough 'real' food laying around I would eat that instead of supplementing, believe me.

The only supplements I take is whey and muscle milk, BTW.

BTW how you gaining so much weight so fast, just last wek you said you were like 220? and not to long ago you were 210. Dude make your mind.. you must have good genetics because you gaining so fast. My body type doesn't even suit me for weight lifting, I naturally have a build of a basketball player.. probably the worse build for weightlifting. I was meant to roam the field with my 30+ vert and top notch speed but yet I put in hard work at the gym and smash dimwitted cats like you for fun. Repping 225 easily at 175 in each of the big 3 (squats, bench, deadlift). Get cha weight up, im coming for you. You motivate me. Keep on talking shit. Keep on.

PS: Last year around this time I was just finishing basketball season and was benching 135 only 5 times (yeah laugh). I was about 6 feet 150. Stay on your toes, im going to laugh when im 2 times stronger than you.
    test
  12. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Haze, hop off of thee dick please.

I gain weight easily homie. Gaining 10 lbs in a month is nothing.

I eat donuts, ice cream, chicken, macroni and other shit like that in massive amounts.

'Your size doesn't match your picture, I don't believe you!'

I don't care, I ain't lying. If ya'll faggots want me to post a picture of my shirtless I can.

Plus I ain't braggin, I'm just sayin. I'm physically fit yo. I know fools who ain't ever lift who can do more than me (gorilla ass faggots) so why would I be thinkin im strong and shit.

I just try to stay healthy. Don't get offended my numbers are bigger than yours.

I don't squat or deadlift, I run for my legs. I go against all weight-lifting rules but I still conquer.

DONE.
    test
  13. Purple Haze

lHe brags about him gaining weight easily by eating donuts then nigga actually said "I run for my legs".. I'm dying over here. I don't really care if I wasn't born with good genetics as far as a physique goes. I'm just glad I wasn't born as stupid as some these people.
    test
  14. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Why you on my dick.

I never knew you was this gay homie.

For real, you catchin feelings like a bitch.

Cuz another man is physically more fit than you.

Get over it.
    test
  15. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Matter fact.

Why don't you man up and just give me props for my hard work.

I wasn't born with amazing genes either, I know fools who're 6'5 and weigh 300 who bench press over 400 and don't even try hard to exercise daily.

Slave ass genes fuck 'em.

Lose the attitude for real.

Your jelously is makin you look like a bitch.
    test
  16. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

snow born can i see a pic of u shirtless, please.
    test
  17. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

That's a contradiction. Being healthy isn't just how much you can 'lift.'

A lot of your jive doesn't ring true.

But I don't really care one way or the other.

I don't waste time anymore comparing myself to other people, it only takes away energy from what I can accomplish.

If someone else is doing big things, good for them, because it takes hard work to get there.

I'ma do me and eventually I'll get where I want to be.
    test
  18. style-rip

both of yall should just squash it.. its gettin ridiculous
    test
  19. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Well said.
    test
  20. Purple Haze

No it doesn't.