Am I the only fucker around here who don't take supplements and shit.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snow Turd, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Fuck takin pills and shit.

I like to get my strength raw.

I don't take shit.

No protein shakes or creatine or shit like that.

I just eat some chicken, burgers and other shit.

And I get my shit up.

6'2

225 lbs.

Bench Press Max: 315

Max Shoulder Press: 215.
    test
  2. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

whoa papi ur such a man!

supplements r for impatient pussies.
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

your not the only one I consider myself supp free! even though I take protien RTD's its still food ya know?

I dont like to take creatine and all that other crazy shit either took them before and I felt like crap after I stopped taking them.

damn your shoulder press is high! Is that on the smith machine? how much wieght do you use for reps?
    test
  4. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i dont take anything either. but that is im not a serious bodybuilder.
    test
  5. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i dont take shit and im pretty diesel
    test
  6. IProFound

IProFound Chokyonim

I don't take anything either. There is absolute nothing you can get a supplement that you cannot get from a well rounded diet based around components for muscle building. If you eat enough protein (show me an omnivorous American that DOESNT eat enough protein) and enough carbs and cals and WORK HARD @ the gym, you on your way to success.

The analogy I think of is a flywheel vs a stone one. Sure, you can get your ball rollin' faster if you have a lighter one, but you stop pushin' and what's gonna happen? The same with weight liftin'. If you take the quick route to your goal, you'll get there faster, but it will unravel a lot faster when you stop your regimen. If you get that shit through hard work and a change in your diet, no one can take that from you. No lack of a supplement will change your gains, as long as you stick with the new change.

People overlook the diet so much, but that is 65% of muscle building. IF your body aint got nothin' to build it back from when you destroy it, what's the point? There aint none.
    test
  7. Vary

Vary Active Member

Very true, but supplements will do as what they are named, supplement a good diet and make your gains so much better.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

shoulder press that high? you 're talking about the machine or freeweights?
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

thats what im saying...thats high as hell lol

im guessing the smith machine press.
    test
  10. UnbrokeN

yeah..u know that shoulder press machine? i barely rep 70 lbs with that öpö
    test
  11. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Freeweights bitches.

Military press. Straight up sitting down on a bench at a 90 degree angle.

I do this shit...

135 warmup 12 times

than I put on 185 and do that 6 times for 3 sets (currently)

And it is gonna rise to 190 for 3 sets 6 reps next week because I can do 6 reps for 3 sets now. I'm lifting tommarow and than after that I'mma up it 5 lbs.

I only use machines for lat. pulldown and the rows.
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

damn incredible hulk lol....

you gotta post a video or pics of you man that shit is impressive.

I HATE DOING BACK! that is the hardest body part to work...its a bitch, im still looking for a good excersize to target it.

I hate doing bent over rows cause I feel imma pass out from the blood flowing to my brain, and I cant stand lat pulldowns I dont have the patience.

the only thing I like doing are pull ups chin ups, and those dumbell rows.
    test
  13. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

Snow Born is also 17 and lives by himself...

applaud this dude.
    test
  14. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

As some of you have already pointed out, most supplements are naturally occuring and you can get them from a good diet. So what's the problem with them? Nothing. I think its foolish to not take advantage of advances in nutritional supplementation.

Steroids and drugs are for impatient pussies, supplementing isn't.
    test
  15. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

its difficult for some people to eat enough calories to gain lean weight, or to eat enough meals for your daily protein intake, but a simple and quick shake twice a day helps boost your amount.

i got a question for those who say supplements are for pussies... do yall take a multi-vitamin?
    test
  16. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I agree.

see food is the best for protien and nutrition but when you work out you have to get protien to your muscles fast after workout is called the "WINDOW OF opportunity" and if you eat a chicken or steak it will take at least 4 hours to digest...so you take whey isolate it gets in your system within 15 minutes and the window of opportunity last only 3 hours after a hard workout thats when your blood is pumping and such.
    test
  17. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Taking vitamins to supplement your diet is smart, because its very hard to eat right where you are taking in all those vitamins and minerals in the day needed for your body to perform at its best. Especially when you just eat bugers, chicken and shit.

I like to take a multi vitamin before I go to sleep, so my body can draw the nutrients from it while I'm sleeping, and that's when your body does most of the repair work.

What I consider as 'taking something' is steriods, hgh, etc.

That's a faustian bargain. Your initial gains will be great, but later on you will pay the price.
    test
  18. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I always thought your supposed to take the mutli with breakfast...cause if you take them at night you wake up cause of the energy...or us that caffiene
    test
  19. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

^ dont worry, u dont wake up due to your multi vitamin lol.. unless maybe u take animal stak which is supposed to give you energy

i take a multi vitamin in the morning to help power my day with a well balanced breakfast, and at night for helping to repair the body like cigma said
    test
  20. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

protein shakes, multivita and preventatives is da only thing u shud take
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.