Allah=Elohah thread

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

@Ass Napkin Ed

What is your understanding on the title Elohim ?
    test
  2. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

well we see elohim is many - as in a council of gods
    lets take it back to where the word EL is first mentioned

we have to go to the oldest written texts known to human beings
    which is the Sumerian Tablets - everything comes from there first

thats where we first hear of EL (who the hebrews call God)
    a God who made man outta clay/earth mud
    put him and a woman in paradise
    kicked them out
    told a man to build a boat for an upcoming flood
    flooded the whole earth except one man and his family
    landed the boat on a high hill/mountain
    man made an alter to EL and the Council to say thanks with animal sacrifice

seems like the Torah is a rip off
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  4. Coup d'état

interesting...I am familiar with your understanding on this. Which is not entirely wrong, but not entirely correct either according to other factors. But for you to see this I would have to offer up some of my understanding. Otherwise I am just talking and we know to believe nothing what we hear and half of what we see.
    test
  5. Ass Napkin Ed

no, share your insight
    its what we are here for
    explain the parts correct
    and the parts incorrect
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Will do, I am not going to touch on the notion that Sumerian Tablets are the oldest according to our knowledge and acknowledgment in western catalogs today. Simply because their date being first doesn't mean much, especially concerning the truth of other nations writings. Considering that the Sumerian's were in close proximity to early nations and their empires (NE Africa and what we know as the Middle east) and had relations to eachother means a lot conceringin the word Elohim...and that you said: seems like the Torah is a rip off

To go into that, it would be better to see who started writing sooner. Going deeper would to be see who was established first as a nation. And it was the Sumerians I believe, simply because the nation of Ysrael (Hebrew peoples) were not established until the exodus out of Mazarim or Egypt later on.

I want to touch on the usage of the word Elohim by the nations and what that word meant.

But yeah, yeah. This is were I'll becoming from. I guess eat the meat and spit out the bones and accept what you want according to your belief. Though, I strongly believe there is only one truth and if truth will remain truth, lies will be lies (or misunderstanding will remain ignorance). Not saying I know everything, because I ask you your understanding to maybe help mine.

test
  7. Ass Napkin Ed

1 - i disagree, i think the date (what came first, means everything) but, do you have a written text you can produce that predates the Sumerian Tablets?

2 - please address the issue - where do we first see Elohim?
    was it not the Cannanite Phoenicians that give us our letters
    does it not originate in the Ancient Sumer

what are you protesting - is the Sumerian Tabllets (the oldest written text on earth) not the place we first see EL mentioned as 'God'

if not produce something that debunks that
    test
  8. Coup d'état

I don't necessarily disagree that they used the word first or have the first writing or argue any source from any people like the C. Phoenicians. It will take a bit of explanation to bring out some understanding...I'll start to do this now. hopefully have a post tonight

I just want to protest the fact that just because they used the word Elohim first in written accounts, that it is

1. Not pagan or necessarily restricted absolutely in correct form to say many gods alone.
    2. Or that since they used it that it nullifies the Hebrew usage of it
    3. And that the Hebrew text is correct using it
    4. and both are correct to use it
    test
  9. Ass Napkin Ed

1 - Pagan was never mentioned by me - this is your own comprehension/misunderstanding

2 - not here to defend 'Hebrews' here to show/prove where Hebrews got the word/God from - its origin

3 - Hebrews being correct in using it - remains to be seen, we know the Torah mentions Abraham in Ur (Sumer) and we also know the word 'Chaldean' means 'Moon Worshiper' which fits right into the Hebrew 'El' and Moon Worship as well as the Ziggarat pyramids dedicated to the Moon God.

4 - Both are Correct? we will await the proof in your statement

lets get this work!
    test
  10. Coup d'état

all in all i just wanted to bring out the Hebrew understanding of the word...beacuse knowledge that it was used by other nations is used by some to say the whole Hebrew text is a lie...if this was not what you were after then my bad. But if you still want to hear it ill go ahead and post up.

yeah, i just realized what I did. Sometime I got to slow down. But I am sure you would gleen something.

my mistake though. I'll post up and maybe you can take away something
    test
  11. Ass Napkin Ed

what i am saying bro
    should we go into the source of where the word comes from
    would that be the best way to approach it

when someone is sick - a doctor checks the heart rate, checks for a fever, tells you to cough, - why?
    he is looking for the source or cause of the problem

shouldn't we do the same - and see where this word 'EL'
    First comes into play and how it had an affect and spread throughout the body (earth)
    test
  12. Coup d'état

Yes bro..this is what is needed. I'll get to the source...as concerning Hebrew usage (that's all I got)
    test
  13. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

NatGeographik, I no longer choose to follow Islam for my own reasons. However, I can with all my knowledge of the subject matter, do nothing but face palm at the absolute ignorance of Ass Napkin Ed. He's just really ignorant, misinformed, reaching WAY too far, and pulling things out of his ass that have nothing to do with anything.

And the worst part is there are those that are giving him credit. No one but you and me apparently can see what an absolute crackpot he is.
    test
  14. Ass Napkin Ed

out of my ass - i am pulling this?

can you name what in particular that is 'so crazy' and so 'totally lying'

point me to the lies
    lets talk about it
    test
  15. AliceHouse

Let's not. NatGeo provided the Quranic excerpts to dismiss your claims, but you continue in your drunken belligerent ignorance. You choose to remain blind to the facts, and I'm content with laughing at you.
    test
  16. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

where do you get the idea that ra was or is a generic term for god, though? as far as i understand it references a specific god that's part of a specific polytheistic pantheon.

then you believe in every god that has ever been proposed by any religion. i'm pretty sure that goes against the abrahamic monotheistic tradition.
    test
  17. Coup d'état

What does prostrate mean ? In the original language in which that text was written, if you know it.

Can you provide more verses both before that and after so the readers can get a context.
    test
  18. Ass Napkin Ed

prove anything i said to be a lie
    lets not resort to name calling, and dismissal because we cant prove what we say

what have i lied about?

address it
    test
  19. AliceHouse

It's been addressed. What does it serve me to type until my fingers bleed if all you do is blibber blabber your blubber?

I'm just pointing out that everyone is laughing at you.
    test
  20. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i won't say you're intentionally lying about anything but you're using vacuous arguments that sound somewhat like those that a conspiracy theorist or a religious nut would make.
    test