All-Time Football greats list

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by d-rell, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

steve hutchinson is going to the hall of fame.
    test
  2. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

noone is disputing that Emmitt had a great O-Line.. but he didnt have a great O-Line for his whole career like people like to say.. from 96 to 02 dallas went 49-63... im sorry but teams with HOF O-lines dont put up multible losing seasons, HOF O-LINES DONT GIVE UP AS MANY SACKS AS THEY DID FROM 96 TO 02!! that O Line got old in the late 90s and it showed.. yea they always had one or two good ones over that span but what team doesnt? and yet emmitt still put up 6 straight 1,000 yard seasons durin the dark days of dallas football... did he benifit from a great O-Line early in his career? deffinitely but he also proved he could do it without that O-Line

lol and ur fullback comment was dumb being that LT had Lorenzo Neil for how many years? and Jay Novechek hahaha was an average blocker but a great reciever and is irrelevant to my point anyways being he retired after the 95 season..

now ive saved the best for last

"Besides the Cowboy's also had a very potent passing attack preventing defenses from keying on Emmit."

this proved to me u were talkin out of ur asshole

This is what Aikman averaged from 96 to 00... (retired in 2000)

Yards 2500/season
    TDs 13/season
    Ints 11/season

Thats potent?

and why is this all sooo relevant? (how bad the cowboys sucked after '96)

Because after 96 Emmitt Smith gained over HALF his yards!!! (9399 to be exact) on terrible teams. u lose big time.

Emmitt on my list: #4 behind Barry sanders, Jim Brown and Walter Payton

Emmitt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LT
    test
  3. d-rell

d-rell New Member

Let's make sure we're not understating this, b/c prior to this ^ post you claimed that other running backs had great OL's. Let's make this clear, its no competition, nobody would debate this. EMMIT HAD BY FAR THE GREATEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN HISTORY. It's not even close. The only other line that could possibly be mentioned in the same sentence would probably be the '71 Raiders. Emmit had a clear advantage over every running back in History through-out the 90's.

From 1996-2002 huh? Emmit's OL suffered right? The GREATEST GUARD IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME WAS IN HIS PRIME DURING THIS EXACT PERIOD - i.e. LARRY ALLEN. The line was getting old ???? Dude what are talking about???

1996-2002.

LARRY ALLEN PRO BOWL APPEARENCES: '95-2001,
    Nate Newton Pro Bowl Appearences: '96,'98
    Erik Williams Pro Bowl Appearence: '96,'97,'99
    Mark Stepnoski Pro Bowl Appearence: '96

In '96 alone the Cowboy's had four Pro Bowler's. Every Year upto 2000 they had at least two pro bowl Offensive Linemen. And added an above average rookie and later pro bowler Flozell Adams in '95 as well. And are serious, Daryl Jonston was one of BEST RUN BLK FB of his time. LDT never had a line close to Emmit.

The Cowboy OL was still Excellent from '97-2001. But if was in its prime from '91-'96. Hmm and correspondingly, you might have noticed that Emmit's peek was from '91-'95. He went from averaging over 105 yds. a game to a modest 80 yds. per game. His TD's decreased, he just decreased all around the board.

Oh and Aikman-Irvin+Novacek was enough of a threat to keep defenses from keying on Emmit believe me.

~1~
    test
  4. hYpOconDriAdIcT

lol Larry Allen was great.. but the others where not that good, erik williams was never the same after that car crash... nate faded in the late 90s and mark stepnoski was irrelevant in the late 90s and dont knock emmitts consistancy or production by sayin his numbers slipped after 95.... 6 straight 1,000 yard seasons aint too bad imo

again if their line was so good in the late 90s they woulda did better then 49 and 63 in that span... period

and LT hahaha he's already washed up after 8 seasons... this aint even debatable
    test
  5. Cane

Cane New Member

What makes this even more remarkable, is that Smith was a DE. White was a DT. And triple teamed while he did it. A DT, being triple teamed. That fuckin blows my mind to this day.
    test
  6. d-rell

d-rell New Member

Washed up after one mediocre season?

Get 4real, stop wishing and hatin'.. he still had a 1000+ season w/o Lorenzo Neal's services.

And as far as the Cowboy OL they were still great esp. w/ Allen being in the prime of career. Maybe you could start by blaming Emmit for there lack of success in the late 90's, you seem to give him all the credit for their big success in the beginning of the 90's decade.
    ~1~
    test
  7. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

another horrible list

but at least u consistant
    test
  8. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lmao
    test
  9. hYpOconDriAdIcT

yea blame emmitt for the Cowboys lack of success in the late 90s when he was literally the only player that produced on that offense, cuz that makes any sense... and Tomlinson is washed up u could see it in his eyes.. it looks like dude wants to retire tommarow, they shoulda traded him and kept Michael Turner... LOL dude split carries wit sproles. and sproles looked better!! im done even entertaining this idea cuz its so stupid.

Emmitt>>>>>>>>>>>>LT.....
    end of story
    test
  10. |-paragon-|

|-paragon-| The Phoenix

STEELER Dermonti Dawson, RAM Orlando Pace and JAG Tony Boselli??
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. d-rell

d-rell New Member

@ Word Iz Perfect .. Dude, seriously I not quite sure if its your hatred for Tomlinson that's way too personal or your deep luv for Emmit, but its either one of the two or both.

LDT a bit better than Emmit in my opinion.. as close as it is I really can't see it being called any other way. Every good quality Emmit had, Tomlinson has it on a higher level and every category Emmit excelled in, Tomlinson has the potential surpass and in all likelihood he will.

nuff said.

~1~
    test
  12. Cane

Cane New Member

Why don't you contribute toker? You down everyone but are too scared to make a list of ur own.
    test
  13. hYpOconDriAdIcT

its my hatred for stupid comments.. LT will not surpass cuz LT wont be in the league in 2 years... he was already talkin about retirement... he has no heart like that conf champ game against NE when he sat out with a bum knee and left Rivers and Gate's hangin (Rivers also with a bum knee and Gates with a dislocated toe!!) so theres 3 examples of things Emmitt had and LT didnt.. Heart, Longevity, and Toughness

[youtube]pVHLRpg1WSE[/youtube]

nuff said.
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Emmitt Smith = The Man
    test
  15. PiffInDaHamper

walter payron > emmit smith
    test
  16. hYpOconDriAdIcT

Barry>Jim Brown>Sweetness>Emmitt
    test
  17. PiffInDaHamper

test
  18. PiffInDaHamper

sweetness/barry sanders >emmit smith > jim brown
    test
  19. hYpOconDriAdIcT

close enough piff.. i dont agree with the order but i could live wit it.. not like this other moron.. puts OJ and LT ahead of emmitt.. pure craziness
    test
  20. PiffInDaHamper

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.