All-Time Football greats list

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by d-rell, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

[funny]

I've contributed pure genius in few words while Cane has written paragraphs of nonsense haha.

I am a boss and Cane just don't want it haha, Cane keeps getting sonned
    test
  2. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

wow, I just sonned Cane again..

[funny] Cane don't know shit about sports
    test
  3. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

d rell is the worst by far
    test
  4. PiffInDaHamper

bruce smith > reggie white
    test
  5. d-rell

d-rell New Member

Sure that 5th grade presentation was very colorful and all dude but..

Either you're trying to ignore what I was saying or you've got a bad case of A.D.D. Marshall is known for his receiving game, but because LDT is such a better back on the ground (if you'd choose to disagree w that let's go with the numbers. Faulk never rushed for over 1400 yds. in a season, and almost half of his eleven or twelve yr. career he failed to even reach the 1000 yard mark on the ground - LDT on the other hand has reached 1000+ yards every year, has played half the amount of seasons Faulk has and yet is less than 1000 yards away from his career rushing totals, and has topped his career TD totals) - anyway because he's such a better back on the ground his receiving stats get overshadowed - which was my initial point in case you missed it in that post you're quoting me on. TOMLINSON IS ON PACE TO POST MORE CAREER RECEPTIONS THAN MARSHALL FAULK IN A SHORTER AMOUNT OF TIME. I stand by my statement even moreso kikko.. In my opinion however Faulk was a slighty better receiver but Tomlinson was a far superior rusher.

1. Sanders
    2. J Brown
    3. Payton
    4. Simpson
    5. Tomlinson
    6. E Smith
    7. G Sayers
    8. Faulk
    9. Dickerson
    10. >> very,very tempted to put Adrian Peterson here << Although Thurman and Tony Dorsett have had lengthy and productive careers.

@ Cane I could see an argument placing Reggie in the #2 spot, but not above LT. LT was the most feared man on the football fieldnthroughout his entire career.

~1~
    test
  6. Cane

Cane New Member

^Point about Faulk is pretty spot on.

I'd be hesitant about adding Peterson yet. I'd usually say yeah but I think we need to ait a season or two more and then think about it. If he stopped today he wouldn't be remembered as top 10. I mean Terrell Davis trailed only Dickerson for most yards ever to begin a career, hit 2000 yards, won SB MVP awards and went to Pro Bowls. But he's not even in many peoples top 10 and Peterson isn't near Davis yet. Maybe Davis should be in some top 10s but you knwo.
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Larry Centers....Greatest Fullback of all time....Most receptions ever out of the backfield...
    test
  8. PiffInDaHamper

d rell sucks hahahaa
    test
  9. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

typical piffary
    test
  10. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

Emmitt at number 6? below LT and OJ? Tony Dorsett not on the list??? ur top 3 were good but after that it hurts to read.

Emmitt should never fall below 5 on any list period. especially below LT who shouldnt even be on this list... yea he was dominant.. but for how long?? he fell off in what, his 7th season?? why dont u just throw Shaun Alexander on there while ur at it, and for you to put him above Emmitt smith is criminal. yea I know Emmitt had a great O-Line.. but is that really his fault? a lot of running backs ran behind great O-Lines and didn't rush for no 18,000 yards... he aint #1... but he aint #6 either.... this was a terrible list.

I leave you with this (Mute It)

[youtube]tnYXS8tT8uc&feature=related[/youtube]
    test
  11. PiffInDaHamper

bruce smith has tbe most sacks all time
    test
  12. |-paragon-|

|-paragon-| The Phoenix

man.. if barry had the line emmit had.. he woulda had 20,000 yrdz 200tdz 6 superbowlz easily..
    test
  13. PiffInDaHamper

1.walter
    2.barry
    3.emmit
    test
  14. hYpOconDriAdIcT

good god... he also played 4 more seasons then reggie and only had 2 more sacks! and thats why hes the best??? lol piff.. look at this

Pro Bowls

Reggie 13 (in 15 seasons)

Bruce 9 (in 19 seasons)

Career highs (sacks)

Reggie
    1. 21
    2. 18
    3. 18

Bruce
    1. 19
    2. 15
    3. 14

Avg. Sacks per Season

Bruce: 10.5

Reggie: 13.5

give me a break piff
    test
  15. PiffInDaHamper

i didnt know it was 2 more

and emmit has the most yards all time, that dont make him the best

that wasnt my logic

but your right, reggie was better
    test
  16. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

Nah not quite, maybe the colors and the big letters threw you off, so I'll put the part you missed in big letters and in color.

I proly wouldn't argue wit your list, if you got LDT over Marshall, cool. But the fact that you used this as your reasoning is safely retarded.

I'll give you that LDT put up better rushing numbers than Marshall. But to say that your reasoning was that he was a better reciever is what was off (Which you just said that Faulk was a better reciever, which was my point so I'll dead that part). And by the way, Faulk had more catches than LDT did after 8 years, and Faulk had 5 straight years breakin 80+ catches, LDT only did it twice, once wit the 100 catch year, and another year he had 79 that we'll give him cause he was off by one catch. And with them keeping Sproles, he won't be on the field as much, so his numbers will drop even more. So I ain't quite sure about him catchin Marshall.

Basically my point was if you got LDT over Faulk cool, but it shouldn't be because LDT is a better reciever, or a bigger recieving threat out the backfield.
    test
  17. PiffInDaHamper

faulk > LT on the ground and in the air
    test
  18. hYpOconDriAdIcT

people dont give emmitt the credit he deserves.. partly because his career was overshadowed by the amazing things barry was doin in detroit with less... but the man was still a beast...

People tend to forget that Emmitt's famed O-Line fell apart after the '95 season... and he still put together 6 straight 1,000 yard seasons after that. over that time span the Cowboys were 49-63... Emmitt still put up numbers without his O-Line.
    test
  19. hYpOconDriAdIcT

emmitt>>faulk>>LT
    test
  20. d-rell

d-rell New Member

Emmit had w/o a doubt the best offensive line in NFL History.

Various Dallas Cowboy Offensive Lineman from 1989-2000

Kevin Gogan (2-Time Pro Bowler)
    Mark Tuinei (2-Time Pro Bowler)
    Larry Allen (11-Time Pro Bowler)
    Nate Newton (6-Time Pro Bowler)
    Erik Williams (4-Time Pro Bowler)
    Ray Donaldson (6-Time Pro Bowler)
    Mark Stepnoski (5-Time Pro Bowler)
    Flozell Adams (5-Time Pro Bowler)

Not to mention to 2-Time Pro Bowler FB Daryl Johnston, 5-Time Pro Bowler TE Jay Novecek were blocking for Emmit. Besides the Cowboy's also had a very potent passing attack preventing defenses from keying on Emmit.

Don't get me wrong, Emmit's offensive line doesn't deserve all the credit for his success in the league, but to pretend as though this massive and skilled Pro Bowl force in front of him year-after-year didn't contribute to his success in the league is pretty ignorant. Talent wise Emmit wasn't as fast and agile as Barry, Sayers, or Simpson, nor was he as strong and agile as Payton, or J Brown. But Emmit is on the list b/c of his consistentcy. LDT is on pace to have around Emmit's career rushing totals (if he doesn't break Emmits mark). LDT is on pace to have around Emmit's carreer TD mark (if he doesn't break it). And He's already posted more career receptions than Emmit in half the time. Although Emmit was a better receiver than Barry was, he was no where in the region of Barry skill-wise, and LDT is a better reciever than Emmit was. I'm factoring in LDT consistency so far and his potential. 6th all-time is excellent. Emmit is a great running back but in my opinion you cannot discount all of the All-Pro's pushing year-after-year in front of him. People sound pretty ignorant when they say that the five running backs I placed ahead of him wouldn't have been that much better if they had the blocking force Emmit had. Nevertheless Emmit was a talented back with good speed, agility, and vision.

Yet another list: Top 10 OL in NFL History.

1. Larry Allen DAL
    2. Art Shell OAK
    3. Anthony Munoz CIN
    4. Jim Otto OAK
    5. Jonathan Ogden BAL
    6. Randall McDaniel MIN
    7. Jim Ringo GB
    8. Jacke Slater RAMS
    9. John Hannah NE
    10. Willie Roaf N.O.

@ Mr. Madness.. yeah if you go back and review my post you'll find that I NEVER claimed LDT was a better reciever than Faulk.. that was never my argument.. All I said and repeating, LDT was and is an underrated receiver, likely because he's so great on the ground.

~1~
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.