All-Time Football greats list

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by d-rell, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

dick butkis, mike singletary, ed reed, lawrence taylor, ronnie lott, dick "nighttrain" lane, mel blount, rod woodson,jack ham, jack lambert, dick lebeau, darrell green, willie brown all should be on the top defensive players of all time.
    test
  2. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

this dude drel is stupid
    test
  3. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

dont forget john elway

after all all he made that denver D!!!!!!!!!!!

greatest 2 way player eva!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  4. PiffInDaHamper

naw, but he was the best to ever pick up the pigskin and launch that bitch
    test
  5. d-rell

d-rell New Member

4real.. No NFL defensive list can be credible w/o at least acknowledging Reggie White somewhere in the top 10.

Yeah, I was expecting to hear that response from someone that obviously knows absolutely nothing.. Most likely you're wondering why Moon is there huh?

And Warren Moon would and maybe should be higher than 10th on the list but because of racial discrimination upon finishing college he was forced to play in the CFL his first six season yet he still amassed 50,000 passing yards in the NFL. That's third or Fourth all-time.. He's fourth or fifth all-time in passing TD's all of this after he was robbed of six whole season in the NFL. If you add up all of the passing yards from the CFL and NFL, Warren Moon in his career threw for over 70,000 yards, 5,000 more than Brett Favre. Warren Moon would be the all-time leading passer in Professional Football History, if it weren't for another Afro-American QB barred from the league likely due to prejudice, Marcus Allen's younger brother Damon Allen. Damon Allen passed for over 72,000 yards and rushed for 12,000 (Even if you take away the fact that the CFL plays 2 more games per regular season than the NFL these remain some talented numbers). If you think Warren Moon's (who was later inducted into the NFL hall of fame) transition from the CFL to the NFL was smooth and successful, imagine what impact Damon Allen would've left if given the opportunity.

My Top 10 best Professional Football QB's of all-time list

1. Damon Allen
    2. Dan Marino
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Joe Montana
    5. Len Dawson

@Toker I'm sure that you're not making the case for LT being a Defensive Lineman?

~1~
    test
  6. PiffInDaHamper

umm now i wasnt wondering why moon was there [funny]

wow your fuckign clueless

u just wasted a lot of your time typing all that tripe
    test
  7. Vintage Tox

test
  8. PiffInDaHamper

d rell is the worst at football knowledge/scouting
    test
  9. Vintage Tox

hold up hold up.

[funny]

Cane's about to say something stupid. hahaha
    test
  10. Cane

Cane New Member

I'm sure this will illicit nothing but ridicule being as how it is RM after all, but you're right. Allen was a fuckin monster. I have no doubts that if he went to a team with a halfway decent supporting cast he would've ate the NFL alive. He really felt like one of those guys who was just going to succeed wherever he went and just from judging his play I think he would've done really well in the NFL. But black QBs just were not given their proper chances back then. Only a few front offices would take chances on them.
    test
  11. Cane

Cane New Member

I now also control which topics you post in. I oughtta put a fuckin leash on you and get you licensed.
    test
  12. Vintage Tox

[funny]

I knew it.
    test
  13. d-rell

d-rell New Member

Not really. I wanted to discuss Damon Allen. I used Warren Moon as a segway, I know what I was doing. I was about to make a new thread about Damon Allen but whatever...

I know sport list are all subjective and all... but there not a huge gradient btw Bret Favre and Warren Moon. Don't get me wrong I think Favre was slightly better but if I were a GM and both those cats were free agents in the dawn of their careers it'd be a tough decision yo.

~1~
    test
  14. d-rell

d-rell New Member

Sure I've been here since '04. These cats @ RM attack every unthoughtful and thoughful statement with the same intensity. I love it. I feel so @ home.

~1~
    test
  15. Cane

Cane New Member

You're a smart guy.

This almost certainly means you're an enemy of the peanut gallery. You're a threat to their personal security.

I dunno how you put up with all the stupid though. Gotta give you credit.
    test
  16. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

hes closer to being a lineman than a LB

after all how many non 34 LBs do u know that rush the qb like 90% of the time?
    test
  17. d-rell

d-rell New Member

? The Peanut Gallery sounds like its full of comic strip retards dude. I'm used to debating with some old geek squad cat name Ghet in the introspectrum.
    test
  18. PiffInDaHamper

you really suck at making lists
    test
  19. d-rell

d-rell New Member

LT a lineman dawg? Are you j/k.. I guess Derrick Thomas, Kevin Greene, Rickey Jackson, Pat Swilling, and Greg Lloyd were are Defensive Linemen as well right?

~1~
    test
  20. Cane

Cane New Member

Term used by a few people to describe idiots here when they congregate into groups.

IE; Dex, Tox, Toker, DannyC, etc.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.