All This White/Black Race Bullshit

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by _Organik_, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

we are all brothers in piss

hi crunk
    test
  2. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

lol @ this still goin,ganik trolled u all
    test
  3. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

[​IMG]
    test
  4. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

post stats please? this is interesting
    test
  5. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

mowhite germans might have been lower class in terms of white people but the were still white

Plus the issues with germans ended and they are just white people the same didn't happen with black
    THe effects of racism still effect us now with the fact that white people have the majority of power for the sole fact of holding blacks. The same can't be said for Germans.

http://www****athpenaltyinfo.org/race-death-row-inmates-executed-1976

I don't usually agree with LightSkin on his racial rants but he's correct here.

With the first nations at least get free education which puts them at a great place to improve. I have heard that allot of issues come from the ones that do come successful don't give back or go back
    test
  6. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

watermage airing out canada.
    test
  7. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

@Fresco/anyone who agrees with him

You may be confusing having racial privilege with having privilege.

You (the general you, not you personally) can be a poor, deaf, atheist white guy. I'm sure you will have many hardships in life, and it might be more than irritating if some stranger is telling you that you have any kind of privilege, so you ignore the "Racial" qualifier and say that you do not have any privilege or whatever.

But that is untrue.

The way you have to think of it is, think of another person who has all of those exact same traits, poor, deaf, and atheist. The only difference between you and that person is that the other person is black (or non-white).

Who has the relative advantage in the USA out of those two, the black person or the white person? All other things being equal?

So to think of it statistically, controlling for other factors and isolating race, there is a significant effect of race on a person's life chances.

EDIT: The advantages you have as a white person are often invisible to you, and are really only visible to the people that lack those advantages. For example...

http://www.dmiblog.com/archives/2007/09/white_convicts_as_likely_to_be.html

(Title: White Convicts As Likely To Be Hired As Blacks Without Criminal Records)

And that's from 2007.
    test
  8. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I've said it before...the only real insult you can say to a white person concerning race, is to call them a racist lmao

they hate hate hate it when you do that hahaha

I have no compassion for a white person feeling 'persecuted' for what their ancestors did or for being assuming they are racist...because that is nothing to being a child and grown ups being insanely racist to you....

Fresco, when you was a kid did other kids run up to you and sing songs like "racist racist your a dirty racist!!"?? and have you had parents of kids tell you "fuck off you dirty racist!!"?? Have you been followed around a store for being a suspected racist??

How much have you really been affected by people telling you your a racist for what your ancestors have done?? Has it only been when talking about race??

Being looked at funny does not hinder you in life...if thats all it was black people and others wouldnt be in the spot they are in....there has never been a systematic and concerted effort to keep Italian families broken up, and Italian culture erradicated, there is not one white culture I can think of that has been put under the same stresses as other cultures...Name a white country where people of colour have conquered and stayed until present day?? Name a white peoples that were enslaved in a foreign land and their descendants are still living there today??

could you imagine?? a population of left over white slaves in china or something?? Stolen 500yrs ago and free'd from slavery 150yrs ago and given rights 50yrs ago??? lmao

Just about everywhere else on the globe has some kind of 'white' people influence imposed on them, whereas its not the other way around

PEACE
    test
  9. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

Northern Ireland, 1000's of years ago, to present day.

The Carribean Emerald Isle, Barbados, etc..full of Irish people, and mixed Black-Irish. Left over.

Although, it could be argued here that they weren't considered white, fair enough.

Also, Scotland could be thrown in on the argument, if you look at the problems in their country it could of been the result of the past. Poverty/secterianism etc.

I agree with some of what you say...

but the whole idea of calling everyone racist to offend them is plain stupid.

The more you show someone something annoys you, the more they will annoy you.

Edit,

Still to this day, political policing in my country is an issue even though its supposed to have changed. And, at some point, it was 10x worse than America.

thats for the other comments^

I don't know what point im trying to make here, im half asleep lol but I think alot of you blow shit out of proportion. Yes racism is an issue,discrimination is an issue.. but your not so oppressed,you have opportunities.. if you were there would be uproar, and there hasn't been since 1992 the LA riots.
    test
  10. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

Native Americans, Indian,Asian, Aboriginal Australians,Africans, Irish, Palestinians, Basques, The list goes on...if your going to speak out against oppression, why don't you include everyone as someone who is oppressed would.

They came from, Germany,France,England,Spain,Belgium,Holland,Portugal and they all done much the same, took what was not theirs. as the song goes. Your struggle is no different than anyone elses. if you stopped adding, the ''but buts'' maybe you wouldn't get so much criticism. Personally I don't care about white or black, It doesn't effect me here. We see things different
    test
  11. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

white people at the heart of all of those im gonna wager.
    test
  12. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to offend any liverpool citizens or whatever. Perhaps I looked up the wrong statistics as I know you all have "counties" in a different way than we do, so that may mean something. But I put in "liverpool england demographics" and 3 different websites came back saying the population was over 90% white (with the highest being 95%). If that's the case, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

However, those are basically the same percentages as Boise, Idaho, which would be considered a very "white" city by most americans of any race. Once again nothing wrong with that, but we're talking about a city most people here would consider to be a very "white" place that seems relatively on par (in terms of percentages) as what is seemingly being implied as a pretty diverse city in England, in Liverpool.

Now consider the HUNDREDS of cities, towns, etc. across America that are so much more diverse, and I believe the answer to "why do Americans care so much about race?" becomes somewhat understable. Its not so much that we care, its just that its often in discussion, because its such a constant in our lives.

I live in the Clinton Hill/Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn. Its a strong mix of many different races. In this neighborhood alone there are approximately 25,000 black residents, and its only about 40% black. Even if we're going by YOUR statistics that means that one reasonably small, not especially black neighborhood, in one borough, in one city, in one state in america has over a third of the black citizens as one of the largest cities in all of England.

Once again, I wasn't trying to offend, I just think at times people from other countries can be a bit too critical when accusing Americans of being too hung up on race, while sometimes maybe not exploring all the reasons as to why.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.