All This White/Black Race Bullshit

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by _Organik_, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

when my parents moved here they moved into a neighbourhood and like what happened to the black families all the white families moved because having a german on the block would fuck up their values. and my dad got hate from the black community and white community. SO many soldiers had died in the war that most families in the neighbourhood had lost somebody they knew. So it was easy to hate the germans. Black people lost family members in the war as well, and they hated just as much as the white families.

Germans were lower than 2nd class citizens. Every german child was called hitler.
    test
  2. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

dead@ the black community on this site thinking they are the only community to have suffered hate.

And i'm not saying that black people have had an easy time. I'm saying others have had it hard as well and thats the fact you are failing to see. Just because my skin is white doesn't mean my family was treated like gold.
    test
  3. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I think white people need to watch the "critically acclaimed" documentary, "Eye's on the Prize" which chronicles Black's struggle during the civil rights movement from the 50's all the way to the 80's. THE 80's!!!!

I just don't think ya'll get what blacks have been through in the USA
    test
  4. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

These false equivalencies is the main reason 44% of White Americans identify discrimination against whites as being JUST AS BIG as bigotry aimed at blacks and other minorities.

These white Americans are acting like a racially oppressed majority. They are adopting the language and protest tactics of an embattled minority group,

:funny:
    test
  5. tyronehouston

DEAD@Him personalizing it, and not getting THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!

Mowhite should change his name to Powhite :funny:
    test
  6. dmac0850

dmac0850 New Member

i think they have the right to hate imo but not to act on it.
    how do you expect someone whose been systematically discriminated against, someone whose sister's been raped, or someone who lived through the holocaust to not hate the people who victimized them?
    its unfortunate that people tend to carry the hate over to large groups where there are innocent parties. but they can't help their prejudice if it has a solid foundation.

every person in North America probably has an instance of when someone from a different race did something messed up to them. and i assume, like me, everyone feels animosity after it happens, some towards the general group of the perpetrator - but in time that fades - you realize not all x behave like member of x. but when its a really big event it can take generations to fade imo
    test
  7. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

But they are false to YOU. That is the main problem I have with this argument. The majority of white people growing up today aren't racist in any way. Had nothing to do with prejudice in any kind, and don't understand why as a culture they get blamed for shit they didn't do. So to them, racism on a personal level is what they encounter. And i'm going to assume if you grew up somewhere other than the south you would probably feel the same way. (btw i fucking hope the braves win today)

And I never said white people were an oppressed majority. I said that white people of different cultures have been discriminated against as well. Jews have white skin and get hated on all the time.
    test
  8. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

can we agree on this?
    test
  9. tyronehouston

Braves don't deserver to win :(

They are about to have one of the worst choke jobs ever, even worse that battle rapper Supreme Court, oops.
    test
  10. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

fuck maybe it should. i grew up extremely poor and extremely white in a community of black and brown people.

and i don't understand how you aren't supposed to personalize the issue of race. if something bad never happened to you how do you know bad things are happening? Race relations are a completely personal issue.

if a black person has never been discriminated against or felt discrimination of any kind how can they complain about the terrible actions of the past? I realize this is very unlikely but i really don't like it when people complain about shit that didn't happen to them.
    test
  11. mapleleaf

this is the most true in my experience

only reason most black people have to hate white people now is the past

only reason most white people have to hate black people, is black people hating them because of the past
    test
  12. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

i'm from toronto and have been a braves fan since 92. I go to Atlanta every 2 years to catch a game. Even went to Florida to see a spring training game of theirs once. They can still pull it out I think. Hudson going tonight which is a really good thing, and then if a playoff Beachy can pull out a win. that kid is an animal.
    test
  13. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

And btw. fuck jason heyward. biggest let down of the season for me. I got that guys jersey and was sure he was going to be amazing. Turns out he is shit.
    test
  14. tyronehouston

Yes we can [/Obama 08]

BUT STILL, LOL@white people who equate their perceived injustices to black peoples injustices. I just don't think they realize that society's status quo is still inherently racist towards minorities like the Criminal Justice System.
    test
  15. mapleleaf

i LOL at those people too... i also LOL at people saying 'well we got it worse so you can deal with it!'... the quote remains true and if MLK were here today he would agree. injustice, prejudice, whatever you wanna call it aint ok in any form. judge people not by the color of their skin but the content of their character...thats all you really need
    test
  16. tyronehouston

I understand your point. But can BLACK PEOPLE still hate the white prividge structures that are still in place in corporate america and the criminal justice system?
    test
  17. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

I never did that. I just said certain black people act as if they are the only community that suffered. And i think the major problem with the criminal justice system is a socio-economic thing more than a race thing. I'm not 100% on this but I think during the coverage of troy davis I heard something about 75% of the people on death row were white. I could be wrong on that though.
    test
  18. mapleleaf

sure you can. but you can't take it out on anyone just because they have white skin. take it out on society by making forward progress and increasing awareness. i do my part!
    test
  19. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Just want you to know that Braves, along with Indians, and Redskins are very derogatory terms towards the Native Americans.

But i guess when a group of people took their land and inadvertently killed them with their diseases, that their offended opinions won't matter as much.

I kid, I kid

:funny:
    test
  20. tyronehouston

SMH, that is not all you really need. Why do you think the Rooney Rule was put in place in NFL football? Do you really think white people were racist in this day in age to have black head coaches when most of the players are black. OR.......they developed systems and structures a long time ago that kept minorities out of the interviewing process to even be considered so that even tho people aren't racist today, the racist system still exists, and it requires an intervention to try to stop it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.