All the black women..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Mr ExZ, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

When I say "you all", I am referring to the ones who do and have continually done so throughout history... I understand that not every white person is that way.

Anida coming through, trying to tell us who he feels we should be attracted to is a joke... and its tired. I understand the anger, though... some folks are really bothered whenever they find themselves outside of another person's preference. But its not that deep or hard to comprehend.

Anida is really on one if he really thinks he's saying anything poignant or insightful... and he is clearly on that "stuff" if he really thinks anyone here is taking him half-way serious on this topic.

Black women, by and large, are attracted to and choose black men above all others. Does that mean that we can't recognize attractive white men? No. Nor does it mean that all black women find any white men attractive... or that black women [in general] are necessarily attracted to them or would consider them as potential mates.

Call it what you want, but black women generally prefer black men.
    test
  2. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

test
  3. tight-eyes

I agree... in general, "prejudice" and "preference" aren't interchangeable terms... but as it pertained to Sanaa's character, I believe "prejudice" would apply.

She clearly had hang-ups with dating white men, and held a negative opinion of doing such - as demonstrated by the way she got so uncomfortable when she realized he was her blind date & kept trying to proove to all the black folks around how "down" she was... and also by the way she kept trying to deny her feelings for him, just b/c he was white. Remember the line when she said to her friends that "It [her being in love with him] would be the case if he were black... but he's not" (or something like that)? So she clearly had some negative view or opinion about being with a white man, even though it conflicted with the way she was actually feeling towards him. That, to me, demonstrated a prejudice.

But you definitely have a valid argument as to why none of the above still equals the existance of a "prejudice"... even I could see the counter-argument and was debating with myself as I typed it.
    test
  4. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

First, you can't compare human beings to inaminate objects such as food... we're much more complicated and complex than that... nearly every brand of vanilla ice cream is going to taste the same and have the same ingredients... every black person isn't going to look the same or have the same character... we don't "consume" people like we consume food... so those comparisons are null.

Second, "prejudice" broken down is pre judge... if you prefer a certain group of people over another group of people, it's because you're prejudging the excluded group of people... prejudice wouldn't necessarily apply to ice cream, because you may prefer chocolate over vanilla because you tried vanilla and it tasted bad... all things being equal, the taste of vanilla won't change with each brand... however, every person is different and to exclude a person from dating or befriending you because they "look" like the kind of person you've dated before to ill results is prejudging them...

Prejudice isn't always borne of hate, though... I think that's the dynamic people have in mind when they consider that word... prejudice is most often borne of fear... we're all prejudiced in many ways over certain things because we all fear what we do not know or understand... if you've lived with a certain race of people all your life, you probably wouldn't understand the culture of another race of people, and would thus fear getting involved with a person of that race... you're making a decision not to engage them based on prejudice.

test
  5. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

test
  6. TruestPain

TruestPain C.E.O of Rho' Wylin' Reco

In reply to tight-eyes:

I agree with you fully that black women on a very large scale do prefer black-men. My only conclusion to that is by our world history, the action and reaction throughout our time here. Its more or less natural selection. Which means, the choice isn't completed until the intent is abroad. If that makes any sense.... However, alot of the "attraction" and/or "preference" between black women and black men or any ethnicity alike, choose their OWN ethnicity because of what they've been told by there Parents or guardians.

For example... My fiance' whom is Trinidadian has a father who's a deacon (which makes things a-little more complicated), has a very strong problem with the fact that she's with me, because i'm an opposite color, a lighter color... white. Even though when I do come around him and her family, he respects me. Shakes my hand as do I and so on... but throughout our relationship he kind of "ghosted" her from himself a little since we moved in together and such because he doesn't like the fact that she's with me. He called her relationship with me a "phase." Now, i'm not saying this by assumption, she's told me the conversations she's had with him. They're not at all comforting.

But, throughout her childhood, mostly hitting puberty and so on, she was told to not marry or love or attract out-side of her race or color. In which made things harder for her because she went to a pre-dominantly white Methodists school in Boston, Mass in the sub-burbs and to my understanding she was confused or so thats how she put it to me. Now she wasn't told to hate or dislike white-folks, but with her story, she's said that she was told by her father alone and HIS mother that whitefolks aren't the "nicest of people" in lame terms. She rebelled against it any-how... she has had her fair-share of black-men, but all a-long she's always preffered a white-guy... and so thats where i come in...

You get what i'm saying?
    test
  7. Ms. Persephone

Ms. Persephone New Member

All vanilla icecream doesn't taste the same. Some are rich & cream while some taste artifical and watery.

As I said, I understand what you guys are saying, but preference doesn't always mean prejudice. I've dated a white man. The relationship was well, but came at the wrong time. I have NO ill feelings towards white men. If I had my choice of two men. Who were exactly the same with the exception of their race, I would chose the black man because its my preference. Not because I think ill of him (remember, they're exactly the same), but because I just prefer to have a black husband.
    test
  8. Ms. Persephone

Ms. Persephone New Member

I do agree that her character did have a prejudice. I understand completely what you are saying. I was just talking about when people use it for every situation. Every situation is different. Thats all I was saying.
    test
  9. Hash Seeds

Hash Seeds New Member

As a black man, I'll be one of the first to admit, that I like all ethinicities of women. But to be honest, I love black/hispanic women, but I've ran into some of the most aggravating, nagging, baggage carrying, self-esteem problem having women in my life. Sure there are some good black/hispanic women out there that actually care about real life/current events, going to college, looking forward to buying a house(instead of renting), more concerned with having a bank account for hard times and a nice house with a fuel efficient car, instead of leaving a substandard house with a fly car and the latest gear and the newest weave. I'm not trying to down my own people, but being a college grad, most of the people I've met who actually had goals and stood by them were white and/or asian. I see more black men/hispanic men leaning more towards white women b'cuz a lot of white/asian women are more comfortable to being traditional housewifes and/or come with less baggage. And it just seems that every black guy I know that wants to leave good, not dress urban, actually wants to come home and be able to wake up to his wife making him a quick breakfast (because she wants to do it, not because he asks) while he's reading his newspaper before he goes to work.... almost every black person I know will called this dude a "square" or an "oreo". You not being real with yourself if you deny it. When I was in high school, any black guy who was smart and did good in school, and/or stay out of trouble and didn't dress urban... was a square and was one of the least popular guys. Most girls wanted jocks, thugs, etc... but anyways, I'm just rambling on.

Btw, if I decided to be with a white woman, asian women, any race of a woman I wouldnt' care what anyone thinks... because ultimately when I am looking to make someone my mate, I'm more worried about us being compatible then upsetting some feeble racist people that think I'm wrong for actually dating outside of my race. Who cares? Good women are hard to find not just in the black community, but in ANY community, so if a good woman comes by, who cares what race she is.
    test
  10. K Senior

K Senior Lyrical Great White

i never did understand the object of putting down someone that gave their academics more than just a passing thought.

good points hash
    test
  11. K Senior

K Senior Lyrical Great White

btw i love black women

although white girls got ass now too
    test
  12. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

my thread has brought new life to ladies delight..

BOW DOWN TO ME WOMEN!
    test
  13. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

^^^One out of every 28 white women have nice asses,lol
    j/p

Hash, I respect your comment...I gotta work on a response though...I'm tired and had Burger King for dinner so my brain is working slow!!!
    test
  14. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

^^ what you get?

••••y chicken sandwhich at bk is fuckin bannnngin

those chicken fries are good too
    test
  15. TruestPain

TruestPain C.E.O of Rho' Wylin' Reco

^^ Co-sign... Them chicken fries with honey mustard...
    test
  16. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

before i begin, i just want to say there was no offense taken.

ok, let me start by saying that one of my issues is that I cannot identify with Africans BECAUSE of what was taken from me. I can only trace my family tree so far...I don't know what country my ancestors came from. I don't have pictures, records, dates, names, nothing. My grandmother, doesn't know her grandmother's name...because we were stripped, and divided. I'm sure there are white people that can tell you their great great great grandfather did such and such, or whatever....or know that originaly their family was from ____ ...we don't have that.

So then because we (african americans) had no culture of our own, we have adopted things that became AFRICAN AMERICAN culture...not African culture. That's why in my original post, I said that "We've grown, and developed things about ourselves that make us unique." Those things like our music, our style of dress, our hairstyles...things we can identify with. But in todays day and age, it's "cool" for everyone to be black...we can't come into our own. But don't get it twisted...some of the things that Black people do today, are just very diluted variations of what my grandmother and her mother used to do...feel me?

I'm not making my life comparable to that of my ancestors. That's one of the things that angers me...I'll never fully know about a certain portion of me...that African culture that I came from...but the little bit that I do have, everyone else wants it too.

I'm just saying I see the paradox between the stigma of being black, and the facination with being black, and it pisses me off. that is my only point.
    test
  17. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

once people start sayin sentences like the paradox between the stigma of being black and the facination with being black

i just give up
    test
  18. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

^^ go ahead and give up, but it's the honest to God truth.

I still can't go in certain stores without being followed, my mom can't buy a house in certain areas, I still hear comments like "oh you people," in refrence to Blacks, people still think it's a compliment to say "wow you're so articulate!" to me, and white people still tell me "oh but sam, you're different...you're not like the rest of them" in refrence to Black people. But shit, hip hop is used in advertisements, I've seen white people wear FUBU (which makes no sense), and every one wants to use slang we've invented and act the way we act.

disagree if you please, but I see it plain as day.
    test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^It's a paraphrase of what Paul Mooney said, "everybody wants to be black, but nobody wants to be black."

In response to your comment about the "oh sam, you're different... you're not like the rest of them" mentality... what gets my blood boiling more than anything are the "compromising Negroes" (as Malcolm X would call them) who go out of their way to apologize for being black, kissing the white man's ass and begging to be accepted and validated. Some are blatant, and some are more subtle, such as the type who are embarrased to be black whenever a major figure of the race committs a heinous act. They usually express their embarrassment and apologist attitude by saying this oft-repeated phrase... "So-and-so just set the race back a hundred years" or "So-and-so makes black people look bad." How can one person be responsible for an entire race of people? Bigots will be racist no matter your class or stature in this society.
    test
  20. tight-eyes

I agree, parental input is a factor, too.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.