All the black women..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Mr ExZ, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

what you think of white men? obviously some find em good lookin cause of the interracial relationships n shit.. but in general? u find em attractive?

lol iv been told a couple times im the only white dude certain black girls would ever consider gettin with.. i guess its a compliment

whats ur personal opinon
    test
  2. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Attractive, yes... some...[Brad Pitt, Leonardo DeCaprio, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Phillippe and Matthew McConaughey to name a few]... but I've yet to meet one that I would seriously consider getting with. Wait, that's a lie... my brother-in-law has been trying to hook me up with his white best friend for YEARS... he's a good dude, and I've considered it... but there's just no attraction.

I prefer to stay down with my dark, oppressed peoples... lol.

*running for cover*
    test
  3. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

That's one of those back-handed compliments.

Kinda like when mentally enslaved blacks say "she looks good for a dark-skinned girl."
    test
  4. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

^^ its more of a black-handed comment...

oh yeh... i went there
    test
  5. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Did you ever see "Something New" with Sanaa Lathan and that English guy?

I liked their convo that went like this:

Sanaa: I'm not prejudiced... it's just that my preference is black men.

White dude: So you prefer to be prejudiced?

She couldn't respond... and I started thinking... it's true.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

u should have asked what they thought of wiggas.

the average white male on rapmusic.com has been affected by hip hop to a lifestyle degree (generally).

white people like me (and maybe u???) dont represent the beach boy, mtv real world, seashell necklace true average white person.

in a relationship both people got to connect mentally. and the average white boy aint going to be comfortable around her family, and with her 100% if he isnt cool with black culture in general.

unless, the reverse is true where the girl (i hate saying this cuz its ignorant, but dont know how to put it better, sorry) "acts white" in which case the reverse is true and she's 100% in tune with his mentality and is cool around alot of white people.

nah mean?
    test
  7. tight-eyes

I just watched that movie last week [finally!]

I rememeber that scene... and I can agree, to a degree, that what she expressed was a prejudice - she may have had preformed opinions about what she preferred in men, but I didn't see it as necessarily negative against the men she didn't prefer, something implicit with the term "prejudice".
    test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^I can dig that... kinda like when Black Soultan says, "just because I'm pro-black doesn't mean I'm anti-white."

But on the flip, wouldn't you have to question whether there is a negative opinion about something when there is a total exclusion?

Like I'm pro-black, but I have dated interracially and see nothing wrong with it empirically... but like Sanaa's character in the movie, I preferred to marry a black woman... partly because of prejudice and partly because of comfort or convenience... Brahman thinks I'm silly for thinking that way, but hey, I can't help it... if race didn't come with so much baggage, I'd be more comfortable with it.
    test
  9. tight-eyes

I agree... when there is total exclusion, yes I would think there was a negative opinion... maybe not negative opinions of the group of people being excluded, but about [in her case] interracial dating period. He could have been Latino and she still may have had the same reaction... though, I think there is more of a stigma attached to the whole black female - white male thing.

Thats why I never say never... I used to but I met someone that changed my mind. So now I still have my preference... but I don't close myself off from the possibility of finding someone outside that preference.
    test
  10. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

So what was it about him that made you change your mind?
    test
  11. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

white men are the devil..pieces of shit

im white too
    test
  12. Well I cannot blame a woman for her preference of men, but if she finds some white men attractive then I dont see why she would exclude herself from any potential relationships with white guys. Its frustrating, why? Because I'm white, and it seems quite shallow to think that some people wouldn't look twice at me because of my skin solour, just as she would be hurt if I said " hey I dig you as a person, but we arent the same pigment, so Im going to have to decline".

But its not until you have been in this situation, an interacial relationship do you experience some of the real problems. For example, I have been swimming with my girl and there was this black lady sitting up on the balcony watching her young girls swim. She was mean mugging us nearly the whole time. (like if looks could kill), I dont know if she was more offended if I was with a black girl, or that she was with me, but It was very uncomfortable to be in that situation. Its easy to say you cant let these kind of things effect you, but its hard. Its hard to get stared at, like you are commiting a crime and it puts a strain on your relationship if people make snide remarks about who you choose to date.

The ironic thing is when I was with her, I completely forgot that we were different, it was just other people that kept reminding us.
    test
  13. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

^^^Wow...interesting. I have been known for my opinion on this and we have had words as far as this is concerned. My views have changed some but not drastically. I find certain white men attractive. Yes I do...but I just don't see myself with one for the long haul. The white guys I do like are profoundly artistic and have a profound understanding and respect for which Black people/African diaspora have endured. So in that sense, MAYBE I would date one....

And I no longer have this rigid ideal on interracial relationships due to the drama I've had in my life...learning about cultures and exposing myself to different things. Well I date a white dude...I don't know...It still gives me the heebie jeebies to say yes...but at the same time if you appreciate me and show me respect, anything is possible.

I watched "Something New" myself, and was quite pleased on how it turned out! And for me to say that...is definite growth!!

Oh yeah...btw, Black Power...

lol
    test
  14. tight-eyes

His personality, he was cooler than I expected him to be... down to earth. Plus, we had/have similar senses of humor... that's a biggie for me. He wasn't a pretender and didn't try to behave any particular way to impress me or to proove how "down" he was... he was cool just being himself.
    test
  15. tight-eyes

LMFAO @ that last line! *raising fist*

That movie was aight, a bit corny but not that bad... it has its funny moments (the brother's facial expressions were killing me! I love Donald Faison). You could pretty much predict how it was going to turn out... I undertood the moral... blah blah blah... and Saana didn't display much range, IMO... she's the same charachter in every movie I see her in.
    test
  16. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

^^THis is my problem with her...she's always a successful/awkward/indecisive role actress....lol. Nothing definitive. Oh and Donald Faison (I love him too) he was hilarious man. I mean, he had a different girl each time...which goes to show dudes don't mind bringing girls they don't care about around their family!lol

I thought that white guy was cute...I didn't like the first love scene though...it was kinda sloppy,lol

And they made Blair Underwood look like an dumb ass,lol
    test
  17. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

What? It was the best scene in the whole movie!

It was sooo real... hot passion at it's finest... I like sex scenes that are raw and realistic, with no pretension and no "fancy, smancy"... like the scene between Eminem and Brittany Murphy in "8 Mile"... it's like, "I gotta have you now and I don't care what happens afterwards"... it's urgent and immediate.
    test
  18. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

That's exactly how I felt about that movie... it just wasn't done right... and Sanaa was on cruise control.

I'm waiting for Hollywood to get the interracial love point correct... maybe one of these days... I probably need to check the indie scene.
    test
  19. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

for me its not even really the color its just if i find them attractive or not.. and i find a lot more white girls attractive then black.. but at the same time their is some slammin black girls-- i just find a lot of them un attractive

if that makes sense
    test
  20. Blaine Fontaine

Blaine Fontaine property hustla

why is its such a problem with what people prefer
    i prefer turkey burgers over beef nobody debates with me about that
    so why is it a debate if you like white girls over blks and vice versa
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.