all i want to say is

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by PiffInDaHamper, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

i respect both of these as different but equal forms of hip hop

[youtube]uZ7-Ex7xUx4[/youtube]

[youtube]CPnMmzk_VCE[/youtube]

thats all
    test
  2. mastershake

mastershake New Member

whack on the second vid
    test
  3. PiffInDaHamper

that shit go hard

musically, its better than the first one
    test
  4. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Immortal Technique is one of my favorite rappers right now, and I've tried to write like him multiple times, so he automatically gets my unconditional and eternal respect.

OJ Da Juiceman, on the other hand, lost my respect when he blamed not being able to move an NY crowd on Raekwon's presence.

Fuck em.
    test
  5. Waiting4LiuKang

Waiting4LiuKang New Member

he didnt blame them

he said he respects other peoples swag and they didnt feel him he was humble about it what are you talking about

immortal techniques freestyles and revolutionary vol 1 and 2 are all thats good he has. the middle passage was a big let down
    test
  6. Waiting4LiuKang

Waiting4LiuKang New Member

like you guys dont know what hotness is?

i love immortal tech but you think most of hip hop is based like that?

gucci and oj are representing a huge part of the black urban youth, who are the main part most influential and basically creators of hip hop

black people in the hood of these major cities these rappers come can most relate to that lifestyle

why would a young black teen be rapping about politics or using huge words and vocab and similes and what not when they arent even thinking that one high of a level

and yeah you can argue the lyrics are dumbd down, but first may i ask you is it such a bad thing that you can express what your trying to say in as few words as possible? maybe some people approach their delivery differently. not as much detail, straight to the point

but as i was saying, for "better lyrics" you tend to lose a dimension of what makes it a good song and that can either be the beat or in immortal techniques case the flow

not to mention immortal technique is repetitive as fuck

i cant say hes one of my favorite right now at all, cause we have a black president so i dont really feel like listening to attack the government music..thats just me

think about it. most of you are middle class white dudes from obscure towns...
    test
  7. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Middle Passage hasnt dropped yet. You're thinking of The 3rd World, which was technically a mixtape/street album. And it was more hit & miss, but he definately showed an improved flow and breath control to me over his previous albums. Death March, Thats What It Is, Harlem Renaissance, Hollywood Driveby, Reverse Pimpology, Payback, Mistakes, Crimes of the Heart, Rebel Arms. Come to think about it it was actually a pretty dope release.

Gonna make me sound like a typical hater/republican but Im all for hearing some fuck Obama songs. He was the fucking man as a candidate. As the president hes pretty much the same mold as the last couple weve seen. The Patriot Act is still around, Guantanamo still open, Wire Taps and illegal Rendition still open, his pullout of Iraq was basically 90% word for word the same as Bush's, still pulls the hypocrite card with Israel/Iran. White people & Black people were on some revolution shit when Bush was in office. Its sad to see a black man in office who is acting the same as Bush when it comes to policy and having the world support him because he is black or cause they're still waiting for that Change to come. Go ahead and hate me on that, compromise is one thing but to me Obama shows a serious lack of backbone sometimes.
    test
  8. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

Obama aint no different than Anyone...

Why he is even in Office is beyond me, the Guy had 2 YEARS OF SENATOR EXPERIENCE.

Fucking Two. But ya I'm sure he was the best choice.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. PiffInDaHamper

regardless of whatever u wrote, i dont really feel the need to listen to music about government

i used too

i am black and because we have a black president i feel fine regardless if he is the same or not, i dont give a shit anymore i leave it in his hands...barack is from chi like me, so i trust him

your a white lame
    test
  10. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

immortal technique has such a whack flow
    test
  11. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

LOL

he's from the Chi so you trust him...

ur a black idiot.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. PiffInDaHamper

i rather be a black idiot than a white lame from detriot

royce da 59 sucks

i just think hearing music about how racist the government is is diminished when you have a black president...when he won presidency all of that music kinda faded away

you are white, you just want attention and you want to rebel all the time

im just happy we get a chance, u would never know what that means

get ur craker ass out of here
    test
  13. Stez

Stez New Member

Its this dumbass music that is hurting the black youth..hearing people rap about selling drugs, shooting people, dropping out of school how is that good for them? As long as ignorant assholes like this are looked up to a lot of kids will not be motivated to do something with their lives. Listening to music with more sophisticated lyrics could do nothing but help their outlook on life.

And you dont want to listen to music critizing the president because he's black lol? I voted for Obama and was all for him, but he hasnt done much in Office and he shouldnt be immune to criticism.
    test
  14. PiffInDaHamper

its not good for them, but do u think i care? i am black youth and i dont shoot people

it sounds good and imma leave it that...thats why they are hard, they make music that magnifies the very problem in our society

so you cant tell me gucci mane dont have balls when he says:

"theres a lot of crack smokers where i stay, and i know they name and face cause i serve them everyday"

thats hard as fuck

and i only vote for black people
    test
  15. PiffInDaHamper

i used to be big into politics, seriously

i took political science and i would always watch meet the press when tim russert was alive

now obama is president i feel accomplished even tho i did nothing

ill let the chips fall where they may
    test
  16. Stez

Stez New Member

how is that line impressive lol?
    So you would vote for a extremely conservative black republican over a white democrat?
    test
  17. PiffInDaHamper

i dont base it like that
    test
  18. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

This is what I'm talking about:
    OJ Da Juiceman Reacts To Being Booed Off Stage | Rap | Rap Basement

"Everybody is entitled to they own swag. I guess there wasn't no swag in the club, it was because of the fact Raekwon was there..."
    test
  19. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

I'm a young black teen.
    I don't rap about politics.
    I never use similies.
    I suppose you could say I use "huge words" though.
    Either way, good job with your terrible generalization.
    test
  20. PiffInDaHamper

oh

i didnt know he dissed them

well regardless he may be right
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.