"All I Know Is That" available for download...

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by The Saurus, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

listened to the whole album: top to bottom .. shit was hot ... the beat selection fit thesaurus' style and it made everything blend, well

its fitting that every tag in this thread is great
    test
  2. Autocrat

Autocrat New Member

Dope shit man! Glad you took your time to craft a great album! I'm hoping this will put to rest the talk that battlers can't make good music.
    test
  3. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

congrats pete! sounds really good
    test
  4. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

my favorite songs are Top of the Food chain, Poison Ivy & Beginning of the End!
    I feel bad for making that canibus mix like 2 years ago with that beat... i'm sorry lol
    test
  5. criticize

criticize New Member

35 minutes or something like that? for a full album. cmon son.

this is the only joint dude releases in what? a decade?

(almost never) drops/releases/leaks tracks, and can only come up with a handfull of songs on a full release.
    dude must hate making music.
    should be 60 minutes plus to be honest.

with that being said Murder is the nuts. and goes hard as hell.
    test
  6. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

ph tag shouldve been "favoriteshowismash"

great album
    test
  7. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

basically this verbatim^^

also, chase moore's rapping >>>>>> singing imo

wow Poison Ivy finally on a track. didn't saurus have a myspace note with a draft of this verse years ago? dope as fuck writing.
    test
  8. Shionan

Shionan Member

Gotta get this shipped to me, too dope

This made me forget about 'battle rappers music sucks'
    test
  9. The Mage BTM

The Mage BTM Well-Known Member

Who did these tags??? LMAO best tags Ive seen in a while...I listened to the entire album and I liked about 75% of the songs. "I'm the Shit" doesn't seem to fit on there and is the worst song imo and "Murder" "Food Chain" and "One Way Road" are my favorite
    test
  10. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

I bought a copy from Saurus at Flatline and I've had the chance to listen to it a few times since. I may do a full song-by-song review at a future time, but I'll just give you's the abridged version:

-Most if not all of The Saurus' verses on the album are executed in expert fashion. Rhyme patterns and syllable structure are really well written and delivered perfectly.

-I won't comment on how good or bad the beats are, as that is a subjective area, but what I will say is that the beats are all of professional quality. Really clean and crisp all the way through. The same can be said of the vocal recording clarity... no shitty basement studio audio here.

-10 tracks is a little short for my liking. It's kinda floating somewhere between an LP and an EP.

-Too many guest appearances for such a short album. Being an anticipated debut release from a world renown battler, I would have liked to have seen more true solo joints on there. I'm going off memory, but I believe 5 of those 10 tracks have a featured rapper on them.

-A few of the hooks teeter on being corny, but not all of them as theres 1 or 2 that I really like ("I'm the Shit" comes to mind). Kid Twist's "The Saurus's Chorus's" line from WRC's came to mind while I listened to a few of the jam's.

All in all, I think Pete most certainly should have hushed any doubters who questioned his ability as a song writer/recording artist, and he's laid the foundation down for a strong sophomore release. I can only assume he learned a lot in the process of creating this and I imagine the experience will catapult him to the next level. 6.5/10
    test
  11. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

should be interesting to see them live tonight
    test
  12. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

that'd be me broski
    test
  13. Chase Moore

Chase Moore beats & bars @ ur service

bump b b b bump it up
    test
  14. battlefan

battlefan New Member

bump.

great tags :funny:
    test
  15. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

great album. i bought it. yes you heard it right,

CASH!
    test
  16. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

I wanted to do a full review of the album as well but I will only discuss the songs that I feel I am qualified to discuss in depth... I love every song in the album (except for I'm the SHit, sorry, just not my thing

Overall amazing album IMO tied with gold bricks in the wall for best album released by a battle rapper

Chase Moore's production is amazing I loved the beats loved the production what can I say, hope to see Chase Moore and The Saurus team up for another album

Write On Right On

Poison Ivy

thats some of the realest shit i've ever heard.. brutally honest... anyone who has ever had anything meaningful and had it fuck up they life knows this song is the truth

beat on this song is awesome and the song is successful at creating the vibe that it was intended to conjure up

Top of the food chain

This song is a poignant memoire of the man who threw himself into far more rap battles than most battlers could handle without shitting the bed... When I watched footage of The Saurus battling in WRC, scribble, tourettes, rap olympics etc, I was astounded by this mysterious figure who seemed to feed off of the aggressive energy and warzone atmosphere of a freestyle battle... Could this really just be easy for him? Or did he truly go through all of the stress and hardship that we could expect from a man who in a span of a few years conquered every major competition in battle rap?

By any other rapper this song might come off as a bit cheesy but coming from The Saurus, we know his history, and his delivery has so much emotional impact that this song is absolutely convincing and it hits hard

Ness Lee's verse on this song is suberb and he really continues the emotional pitch that The Saurus started and keeps the momentum of the song continuing perfectly... Ness did the perfect thing he could have done for the song... We witness him have a cathartic moment where all of the sudden all of the hardships he's gone through in the past few hears come flooding back to him in a vision, thereby unleashing all of his emotions on the track.

One Way Road

I got so fuckin high during the first listen of this CD I was bobbin my head and raising my fist in the air pumpin it during the hook "Wouldya look at that.. Whatcha lookin at?..." Most danceable song on this album
    test
  17. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

havent had internet connect for like 4 days , good to see the album is getting proper praise
    AND
    to the cats sayin there was a little to much bragging /battle rap style for there taste , well if there wasnt those songs on this album i woulda been highly dissapointed , please saurus keep all the battle rap style songs in the next album, along with other styled tracks which i think you added a nice mix of in this album
    test
  18. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I'm about to listen to this now.

The tags are priceless.:funny:
    test
  19. Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto Well-Known Member

Good stuff. The Ness joint was my favorite. I'd like to see you rap about a broader range of topics on the next album. Everything was pretty much about your career and how great you are. I guess that kinda makes sense with the album title, though. haha
    test
  20. Scarbepi

Scarbepi Member

Just ordered the hard copy, fuckin' A. If you haven't purchased this album, go ahead and fuck yourself you lugubrious bitchface.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.