All Beat makers read

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by Blak, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blak

Blak Producer Of the Year

Okay I know the first objective is to sell beats so lets do that. Now lets protect ourselves do you hear me? I hear so many beat makers play there beats and say they are selling them and play snippets? why would you not tag them?

Everyone now a days have a DAW and can slice and loop your shit so lets just protect our value. Now back to selling if you are here to sell beats lets give feedback I sell beats and the MOD here and give feedback so I exspect the same here. Lets stop being dumb and make money for ourselves and the artist because the artist will make his dough off of shows and albums. Us only once unless we sign an aggreement.....

Ty Blak alway certifiedbeatz.com were i give out free beats more coming
    test
  2. HalfbreedDemon

HalfbreedDemon Halfbreed

I feel that man, good stuff. I know not one but TWO Soundclick producers who got JACKED by Joe Budden for his new mixtaped. Uncredited man. Think about who else is messing with your beats that you don't know about? My boys scrolled across his album and recognized their beat. They weren't even informed!!
    test
  3. Pure Ownage

Pure Ownage Eric Bischoff Swag

yeah, you jackasses
    test
  4. shopawn

shopawn New Member

you definately better tag your beats man... even if it's really annoying I tag all my beats not just at the start or ending but over the whole track...
    test
  5. MC CoNTeNT

MC CoNTeNT www.soundclick.com/Th!nk

test
  6. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

What's this about.

u gonna manage us!?!? :)
    test
  7. ScrewFaceMusic

ScrewFaceMusic New Member

Need Beats???? Check it out!!!!

[​IMG]
    test
  8. BarryJack

BarryJack New Member

true that!
    test
  9. UrbanBeatz

UrbanBeatz New Member

Tagging beats makes the artists buy our craft. Cause people these days are crafty with anything!
    test
  10. Hodges

Hodges New Age Writer

tagging has it's up and downs - even in terms of getting jacked.

Look at what happened to Apex Productionz and the "I Get Money" beat. Apparently some dudes downloaded the beat from Apex's site, were shopping the beat like it was theirs. 50 caught ear of the beat and asked for the multi-tracks. They obviously couldn't provide and they got caught in their lies. 50 traced the beat back to Apex, handled legalities and got busy.

Moral of the story: sometimes getting your beats jacked does get you some unexpected exposure. I don't tag my beats and have suffered from that, TRUST ME but I just find the tags ruin the listening vibe. That's just me. I just use websites that don't allow for full quality beat jacking. Someone wants to stream my beats and use it? They're just inauthentic and have to live knowing this.

Just ranting yo!

http://www.************.com/davidhodges JACK ME!
    test
  11. Matt Velli

Matt Velli The BREAF Emcee

^^haha...david is telling the truth man....actually thats how i even heard of David Hodges in the first place....i heard a beat this kid was spittin on a while back, i asked him where he got the beat and he said he used some kind of program to copy the beat.....i ask homie for the website and he gave me Hodges soundclick.....fast forward to now and i copped a shitload of beats from him......so yea unexpected exposure does come with it, its just a chance you have to take.....remember, YOU are the only one who can track it out.......
    test
  12. Blak

My percentage is 23% :)
    test
  13. soundbetter

soundbetter New Member

There is really no point in tagging or cutting beats to snippets for protection.
    Especially not if you send your stuff to an A&R.
    Thos guys will emidiately turn your tracks down and never listen to your productions again!

You got to risk something in order to be successful.

Regards.
    test
  14. quietstorm10

quietstorm10 QUIETSTORMBEATZ

not always the case. There are 2 many beat jackers out there. I actually saw sum forums with people discussing how to jack beats on soundclick. And i have received sum placements even though i had sent tagged beats to the a&r. Main thing is if u have em copywritten or not, and even so majors can still dupe u out of ya money if u dont have the right legal team behind u. U r right tho some tags are extraordinarily long and annoying. I keep mine real simple and u dont even notice them cuz they usually blend in with the beat.
    test
  15. quietstorm10

quietstorm10 QUIETSTORMBEATZ

true 2
    test
  16. meathousebeats

meathousebeats New Member

I heard that 2
    test
  17. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Honestly, taggin' ruins the listening vibe to me. I hate gettin' into a groove of a track and hear "SoLEternity" broad dime out the track. it's annoying. but as you can see, he's still selling beats. In this crowded game called Hip HOp any exposure is better than none. beats will be jacked that's just the nature of the beast. If your shit is hot and somebody is eventually gonna approach you with some cake for it. taggin' is really just a matter of taste.
    test
  18. Blak

I still have to tag if it ruins the vibe I would take the chance
    test
  19. UrbanBeatz

UrbanBeatz New Member

First of all my main thing is to market myself. The beat must be tagged to ensure security. Every beat producer knows that when an artist is giving credit to your beat(s) is a thing that is not only is important but, also it keeps other producers and artists from claiming that is is theirs.
    test
  20. 13th Element

13th Element New Member

Yeah if the website voices over the beats, i dont tag them when i upload them.....otherwise i provide about 1:30 of the track with a short tag in the intro and drop.....its true its a risk we may get jacked, but why put the goods on a plate for the jackers........
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.