All Aboard the shoulder roll express

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

learning to fully control and become a master over your emotions is half the victory..
    test
  2. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

man some of you don't know SHJIT about wrestling haha.

you can't learn to stuff a shot from a top notch wrestler in 9 months. its not hard? lol get real.

listen. i've been training jiu jitsu for 7 years and i run my own school. i'm pretty damn good. but you put me in with a real good collegiate wrestler, after all of my training, i can still get taken down if he knows what hes doing. i dont care if he shoots in randomly or sets it up. i'm still gonna have to bust my ass to avoid being taken down.

its really not that easy guys..
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

your upstate in college? where at?

if you've trained years in anything like that, and knowing when you walk out to the middle hes gonna go for a straight shot no setup nothing and you cant stop it at least 3/5 times then you've chosen the wrong path in life. thats all i was saying, which is the truth.. but its also true that situation wont happen 99% of the time so you gotta be more prepared.

theres exceptions like brock, but im assuming your not 265? lol so yeah of course he'd bull you over
    test
  4. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

theres no such thing. you never KNOW what they are going to do, you can only guess.

if what your saying is, if i told him to stand straight in front of me and shoot in on me, would i be able to stuff it? um yes. but a fight is different. people adapt. you know the guy is waiting for you to shoot, you switch up your game plan and tie him up first. its never that easy.

people act like its so easy to learn how to defend take downs. its tough. wrestlers aren't one trick ponies. there are other ways to take people down besides shooting for the single.
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Not upstate anymore, haven't bothered to change my location.

I'm at SUNY Stony Brook now.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha, yeah.

I flip sides overnight for like one week and people are ready to yank my MMA credentials.

I was inspired by my boy kid mccoy from the sherdog boxing forum.
    test
  7. jayoo

you people really avoid reading certain things dont you? i swear on everything nobody can read a solid 4 sentences without getting lost on this forum. "you never know what they gonna do"... your point? in majority of cases thats true, i never denied it or said otherwise. but did toney not know what couture was gonna do? maybe he thought double leg instead of low single, but he knew what he was gonna do, he just has no skill to stop it. did chad griggs know what lashley was gonna do? yeah, why do you think he landed one of the best uppercut counters to a takedown ive seen in a long time.. you rarely see that.

and your right, a fight is different, they adapt.. unless were talking people like bobby lashley. in that case my statement is true, which is where i started that whole discussion from if you read earlier posts. regardless i thought i defended my point from people like you when i clearly said "this doesnt happen 99% of the time"..
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

bobby lashley is just an overly juiced up, baloonheaded wrestler with zero striking skill.
    test
  9. jayoo

but he fights mma now, and fits that description. i dont care if hes the only one who does, he was the reason for what i was saying so it doesnt really matter if no other fighter can fall into that category, my point was lashley.
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I hate Lashley.

Did Randy even setup that shot? Looked terrible to me, and from too long a distance.
    test
  11. Machilles

Machilles If you want a God

Randy pulled out a wrestling move rarely used in mma because it's easier to defend if you have grappling experience, and as he said it would be really tough to counter with punches compared to a double leg.

Make no mistake, Randy respected the hell out of James' boxing.
    test
  12. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Hooray for a low single
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I love how Toney just topples like a retard.

I guess boxing balance is a completely different thing than MMA balance.
    test
  15. Machilles

Machilles If you want a God

absolutely.

actually looked to me like James was prepared to stuff a double leg. Probably wouldn't have been successful, but still.
    test
  16. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Idk, he didn't even try to get underhooks on Randy.

He just went immediately for the waist grab.
    test
  17. jayoo

i think he had the right plan going in, he seemed ready, but when it actually happened its like he lost all his thoughts and panic'd.. hes used to fists comin at em but i think the whole idea of takedowns was to much for em in such a short time training, and when you add in the pressure of backing up all he said in front of that crowd he froze up, in boxing hes been able to do it everytime and hes comfortable there.. he figured it'd be no different, but that octagon door closed and toney realized it wasnt at all the same.
    test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

Yeah... He didn't even try to get to guard, either. I guess 9 months isn't enough to train your muscle memory that way... Or he's a lazy fuck.

Expect King Mo to get subbed a fuck of a lot in his upcoming career if Toney really managed to choke him out.
    test
  19. jayoo

thats when you start questioning if it was one of those camps where its toneys way or you dont train with him... maybe he didnt get beat up and have people really workin em, which is why he could pull somethin like that off.
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Started grabbing his waist and sinking his hips back. Definitely not the best technique, but he clearly saw Randy dropping levels and knew he had to do something.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.