Alistar out, Who faces Junior Dos SanTos now?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 4, 2012.

?

Who Should Fill-In For The HW Belt @ UFC 146?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2013.
  1. Frank Mir!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cain Velasquez!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mark Hunt!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Stefan Struve!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other mang

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

He's definitely as big a bitch as XxNasty after the light was shined on his Steroid problem.

I believe their is only 1 more fight for the Strikeforce Finalist winner, Scott Coker said it. I agree with you heavily on Frank Mir, though the Cain fight would be sick (Cain Vs Frank), Mir has the best run in the HW division right now, so he seems most 'credible'. I read a recent report on MMAJUNKIE Fedor likely wasn't going to be the fill-in. Though Fedor may be seen in the UFC @ some point (makes sense as people are still on his jock HARRRRRD, and Dana can disprove them with him losing more and more). Fedor is actually fighting Bob Lashley I believe too, so he has prior engagements. Couple that in with the fact he doesn't deserve a shot at the belt, and Dana knows Fedor DEF needs to earn his shot, someone WWs KO on their off day; and I think were safe on the Russian fighting for the belt.

Fedor is actually being scouted as the opponent for the Strikeforce Granprix I believe as well.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Just relax, if someone makes you angry forget it. Your only hurtin yourself getting all worked up about it. Its healthier to relax and breathe.

spread the positivity ;)

Hari Om.
    test
  3. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

looks like Hendo's name is being thrown around as a possible replacement
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I wish Dan Henderson was my dad
    test
  5. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that Hendo is The Saurus' dad
    test
  6. LungZzZ

lmao wtf?

Hendo is actually the sickest thing I've seen in MMA news in awhile since the horrid news of Overeem.
    Hendo said he's down, and he is WAY more credible then Hunt would be for a title shot.

CAIN AND FRANK are out of the question, Dana said they're fighting.
    (Dana White: Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez 'Will Happen' - MMA Fighting)

UPDATE:​

I see 3 fighters right now being mentioned to take Alistair's spot.
    2 of them make sense to me (well 1 really), but here it goes; (from least to most sense)

FEDOR
    [​IMG]

Fedor is definitely my least favorite choice for the title shot out of all the fighters I will be mentioning. Though his past includes one of the longest streaks (if not longest) in MMA history. Other then that, he only has 2 wins over less then credible opponents since his 3 fight losing skid. Couple that with the fact he has always had an unwritten "beef" with Dana and the UFC (or his Management at least), I doubt Dana would not only bring him into the UFC, but give him a chance to become top dog right off the bat as well.

Luckily, I think Bob Lashley may save us from that circus show occurring:
    (Emelianenko-Dos Santos at UFC 146? Unlikely with possible Lashley bout on June 21 | MMAjunkie.com)

MARK HUNT

[​IMG]
    Hunt is more deserving then Fedor, but again, he is another name being mentioned right now I really think doesn't deserve the shot. He is a legend who has competed in other professional sports, like Overeem, but he hasn't found critical acclaim in the MMA world. With a win or 2 more I could see him getting to the title. He dismantled Kongo but so has Frank Mir. Honestly, I think Stefan Struve is just as good an option Hunt is.

DAN "HENDO" HENDERSON
    [​IMG]
    Henderson is probably the one fighter who came out recently saying he would take the fight with Junior (other then Frank Mir) that I 100% agreed with. Sure, Fedor isn't the legend he's made out to be, but Henderson recently competed at HW, looking to follow the footsteps laid out before him by his teammate and training partner Randy Couture. Win or lose, Hendo vs Junior would bring JUST as many fans as Alistair vs Junior would have brought. The same can't be said about Junior Vs Mark Hunt/Frank Mir or Stefan Struve.

Who do you guys think is the most deserving?
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i guess hunt should get the shot. i dont see anyone thats going to beat him though. my number one option would be to let jds wait til after the cain and mir fight.

henderson is way to small. yeah he barely made heavyweight to fight, against junior it would be a huge mismatch
    test
  8. LungZzZ

Hunt would be the best straight-stand up affair. I agree with you on the waiting if he can't get either Frank or Cain though, Mark really isn't a credible name at this point, it could/would be an exciting fight, anything can happen, but really it isn't enough of a name to really get commercial fans excited.

Hendo would be giving up size, that is true, but I think what he gives up in weight he gains in experience. He may lose but he is more relevant then Hunt.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Dan Henderson is one of my favorite fighters

that fight where he coulda assraped Bisping if it had occurred in an alley was the shit
    test
  10. LungZzZ

hmmmm?
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the only fight they had man

he fucking did everything BUT assrape him
    test
  12. LungZzZ

ohhh my bad, yeah that fight was greeze. Dan went a little to far, but it was entertaining.
    test
  13. LungZzZ

75% of RM sided with Frank Mir, and I can't say I'm not surprised; I myself think he is the most credible opponent the UFC has to offer aside from the Original matchup.

But fearnot, I think Alistair isn't quite out of his Championship fight just yet.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.