Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 17, 2012.
yall tell me what happens to reem I'm at my college
good job getting this, hopefully b4 my workout Alistair will be on.
MMAjunkie.com Radio, Ustream.TV: MMA everyday with Gorgeous George, John Morgan, and Goze. Monday-Friday 9-11AM, live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino i...
They're on #34......Reem is next
Listening to these cases....Reem is fucked.
Fuck this is taking forever.
Is it on Overeem right now?
daaaaaaaamn....reem fled.....he's so fucked
what? he didn't show up?
aRE u kidding me? He ran (well rode on horseback) back to Holland?
someone explain what happened plz
Overeem is up now. He is welcomed by the commission.
- Overeem tested positive for 14:1 (as we knew). Overeem tried to flee the building at time of random test, jumped into a car and sped off despite being told that he had to stay to give a sample. Claims he "didn't realize" he needed to stick around and was going to an interview, then changed story that he was going to talk about his battery case, then changed story again that he was going to try to avoid Golden Glory serving him papers. UFC says they made it entirely clear that he needed to stick around.
- Overeem's lawyer goes with the "avoiding Golden Glory making a public spectacle" version of the excuse.
- They requested a 45-60 day continuance.
- Lawyer says doctor gave Overeem a vial of medication in Dallas, Overeem took one injection from vial and still has one. They're going to present the vial for examination but on it it says it is an anti-inflammatory.
- B-12, Texamethazone, keterolec and testosterone were in the injection according to lawyer
- Dr. Hector Molina is the doctor who the lawyer claims reached the "medical conclusion" that he could alleviate the pain and suffering of Overeem through multiple injuries with these injections.
- Commission asks what Overeem and representatives need that they don't have today and why they claim they need a continuance. Laywer says he's reading about testosterone and thinks that they can get experts who say the injection could have caused the spike.
- Commission says that they could have 5 experts tell them it could have caused the spike, but there still was a spike. And they must consider that most of all.
- Lawyer claims that they had Overeem tested again but don't have the results yet and question why it took so long before he came up with a reason for the elevated levels.
- Commission asks what guarantee there is that Overeem would come back if granted a continuance. Lawyer says he will because he wants to continue fighting and that the lawyer will go get him if he has to.
- Overeem says he won't take any fights, will work with the commission to prove that he is a "fair fighter" and will not apply in any other state for a license.
- Commission says they rarely grant continuances and can't see a benefit to granting one.
- Continuance is going to be denied as there is no benefit to the fighter or otherwise, 45 days makes no difference and it's in the public's interest to bring the matter to end rather than drag it out.
- Overeem is being questioned about his injuries. Says he hurt his foot and ribs around the Werdum fight.
- Injuries continued to be aggravated through the Lesnar fight and Overeeem discussed that he was very sore for a long time. Got massages and ice for his ribs leading up to the Brock fight.
When the dude called him out on why he answered a certain question, and looked up, THAT THREW A LOT OF TENSION in the room. LMAO
alistair's lawyers are just bullshittters lol but then again they all are
Overeem is banned for 9 months.
Commissioners took an easy on the poor guy, thinking him loosing the
main-event slot/money that came with it was already a hefty punishment(?? Really?)..
Alistair would be eligible to apply for a license December 27th (2012),
two days before the UFC's inaugural New-Year card (29th).
so now he can juice until November, get off it for a test, get the license and then fight on new years?
The commissioner himself even mentioned how Alistair may be able to make it in-time for the New-Years event, lmao.
Separate names with a comma.