Aldo To Earn LW Title Shot

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

If he beats Showtime.

Thoughts?
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

its about damn time. i think aldo will kill at lightweight. i wouldn't pick against him vs. anyone in this stacked division
    test
  3. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for Aldo to fight at LW for a long time as well...
    Thank god they brought it too him these last two.

I heard he doesn't want the Pettis fight to be for HIS FW belt though,
    any word on if this is actually for the FW title?
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i thought that was the only reason pettis wanted the fight...
    test
  5. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

Its definitely for the title. Showtime is my 3rd favorite fighter. Ive never actually seen a full Aldo fight but I gotta go for showtime of course. He's beast.
    test
  6. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

This part was still in discussion I thought, since Aldo wants to fight for the LW title, win it, then drop back down abandoning it. Dana wants him to stay LW if he wins the title and abdicate is current title.

Honestly, I think this shit is fucking stupid. All this division hopping for title shots shit is lame and I'd like to see it stop. Dudes really should have to fight their way up the ranks in a new division. But Dana wants to run this more like a Pro Wreslting business and less like a legitimate sport.
    test
  7. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

The fight is set for August. If Aldo wins only then will he get the LW title shot. Then yeah he will prolly vacate it
    test
  8. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

I know the fight is already set, I was speaking about Aldo actually getting that LW shot. Dana's not going to allow him to fuck up the LW division by unseating a the champion and then just leaving the division.
    test
  9. 9FunkyHippies

9FunkyHippies Member

Well, when your right, your right. That would be f*cked up. I wanted to see a Pettis-Henderson rematch because their first fight was awesome.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Dana is trying to give fights the fans want to see,
    if he's taking all their money, he figures giving them what they want will get more.

Not even a bad scheme in my eyes.
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i agree with lungzzz. dana is not going to take the risk and let somebody beat aldo before he can fight the champion. that would lose him a lot of money.

same goes for the gsp and anderson fight he is trying to set up. i want to see good matches every event.

if anyone is against gsp vs. silva or silva vs. jones or aldo vs. pettis or aldo vs. henderson then too bad because your going to watch it anyway

Even if somebody didnt "work there way up the ranks" or "deserve the title shot", you can't really say shit when the guy ends up kicking the champions ass anyway.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.