After 8 DUI convictions, 15 years in prison..

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

that really goes on all the time and this is just 1 case of hundreds of thousands.

in canada we have a thing called "24hr suspension" its when they bust you for being drunk but either dont want to do the paper work, or just want you off the road for the night cuz youre wasted.... They impound your car for 24hrs and sieze your license for the same. You find your own way home....

well I have a friend who has well over 15 24hr suspensions. Yes he EVENTUALLY got a DUI. But he had 15 24hr suspensions before they finally said, yeah, this guy is a repeat offender lets get him this time.

even though the dude is my friend, its a blatant fail of the system. He still drives drunk.

the thing is the 24hr suspensions dont go on record. So each time they gave him one the police could only assume it was his 1st
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Surprised there isn't more accidents via drunk drivers.

24 hrs suspension? That's it? That's outrageously lenient.

Here once you've reached a certain amount of points, it's off with the license, although some don't stop there.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you guys dont have 24hr suspensions? haha well here not every cop has one of those breathalyzer things so if there isnt one close and they dont feel like waiting for one to come they give out a 24hr suspension. If you go through a checkstop and youre drunk they give you dui's...

This was over 10 yrs ago though, and the rules actually just recently changed...

i heard in new york if you get a dui they take your car from you and sell it....apparently they do that here too in BC
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Nope, never have. Usually people get fined and on their way, anything worse gets a judge involved.

Speaking of breathalyzers, they're mandatory for every driver to have in France. They've had a whole campaign revolving around the logic, that if people have those then they can check if they're too drunk to drive.
    test
  6. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

dang. must have been papered up. i got my license revoked for too many tickets, a good two years ago and still haven't gotten mine back.

8 dui's? what's he do for a living?
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I'm going out out a limb here, but a wild guess would be a professional alcoholic.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

2 dui's and you lose your license for a year minimum, and after that year you have to appeal before the sos to prove you have got your drinking problem under control and have quit......if you don't quit or even if you say you had a non-alcoholic beer, you will lose that hearing and wait another year......win the hearing, and you have a interlock device on your car for a year minimum, and driving restrictions......

they consider you an alcoholic no matter what from there on.....

after 3 it is 5 year min suspension,,,,,,,then same process......that is in my state, but i'm not sure about more dui's than that......a 24 hour thing is crazy, Canada is harsh on Americans with a dui
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Ty for clearing that up.

Still insane his driving license wasn't snipped after the 2nd time he got caught.
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

4th and beyond proves no victim of circumstance to me.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.