african american members step in please.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by deadweather, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

its just a term to make you feel out of race, because someone feels every race has a stereo-typical way of life that they follow and so if you meet more stereo-typical traits to one race than the other then you are "acting that way". its usually ignorance most of the time. for instance:

a majority of people feel if your black you AUTOMATICALLY talk the slang language, so if your talking extremely proper in anyway they incorperate that behavior with the top notch, top of the ladder white guy so to them you "sound white".

its common in a black household for children to receive ass whippings, but if your black mom put you on time out (stereo-typically speaking, its something a white family would do) then your mom would be considered "acting white".

now there are several different cases of the term, for example some people just feel there is only BLACK and WHITE, if your not black your white (whether chinese, hispanic, etc.) to make it easier for them to generalize who they want to be associated with. so if a Cire was caught listening to Marilyn Manson and other rock groups all the time, and he was all Rock-Freakish looking then he would be considered acting "white" (stereotypically) even though he's spanish. if Cire was the opposite of that (which he is now: hip hop, slang cut, urban, etc.) then he would be considered black.

my best advise? ignore it and move on... peace, 1ne
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

exactly

so when cire says i'm not acting like i'm hispanic, he means i should fit the mold of what he feels a latino should be. which is why i said fuck him, cuz he's obviously too ignorant to comperhend the concepts i'm explaining to him. So if i'm not a stereotypical latino, then i guess i'm an uncle tom according to cire. Cire can be a fucking living breathing stereotype if he wants to be, i dont care, just dont force your bullshit opinions down my throat. Ask cire why he thinks i act white and he'll say "well, just look at how he speaks, and his manner of talking and ideas.. well its soooooo white" Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this?

Cire, please define a real hispanic to me, because you seem to be a self professed expert on everything latino.
    test
  3. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

How idiotic can u fucking be. Who said you had to fit the mold what I feel a latino should be?

Your only defense for what i've said, is saying shit i've never said before.
    test
  4. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

i actually feel cires defintion is pretty much on point:-(
    test
  5. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Im assuming she meant that

she commonly sees them dorky white girls sitting outside of class reading books about the next test and shit or what not...writing and shit.

As far as most black people, fuck that, we dont see or do that much often..althouh we CAN and DO read, just not on a dork level(randomly at school in the hall)...you know school is a fashion contest and drama ..who has time to read pfftt

Thats what she meant
    test
  6. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

the thread asks whats your definition of acting white is. Of course favian is gonna agree with the definition thats the most opposite of whatever i said in order to rebutt what i originally stated because the closest thing hes said to defend himself is "Cires A Fucking Idiot." Nawshus is defining "Acting White" as acts and behaviors that dont fit with what your perception of adequate behavior for a certain race is. My definition of acting white deals with you not feeling comfortable with what your background is. If your Black and you hate being black and your on some "I cant stand /\/iggers, i hate being black" you're acting white to me. If your "Urban" but spend time bashing urban culture, nit picking at cats who wear durags, hating the culture that is hiphop and want it to fit the mold that you deem as appropiate, you're acting white to me.
    test
  7. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

yo favian stop trying to represent hispanic people your a fucking disgrace in my eyes...who decided that the way you dress and act is the correct way...White Amercia? do you honestly believe that the hispanic community must assimilate to this mold we have been given to be sucessful...

and yeah this thread made me fucking angry...theirs thousands of people like you and their all idiots
    test
  8. deadweather

deadweather ******

i go to college, so maybe you go to high school cuz college is not a fashion contest.

lmao @ you fallin in the same stereotypical pitfall as the girl i mentioned.

wtf is a dork to you? someone who reads and is well spoken?

who will make more money and have a succesful career? the "dork" who is well versed in english and studies to attain success?

hmmm come to think of it, i dont remmeber any janitors lately that read for fun in their spare time. However i've met many successful people who read regularly to cultivate their mind. You, however, dont know anything about cultivation of the mind.

Which is why you're ignorant.
    test
  9. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

favian

who gives a fuck about how much money u'll make or weather or not ur "successfull" in other peoples eyes

its just money
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

Let me attempt reading your sorry excuse for a rebuttal..

Done.

Now let me clear this up cire, so you can understand my stance on my race and me. So there will be no more confusion between us.

I'm very proud to be Latino. I love my parents, and I love where they came from and how they’ve been successful. I feel they are the American Dream exemplified. (Coming from another country and obtaining an education, and success.)

Unfortunately as minorities, we have a lot of pitfalls and roadblocks to overcome.

The last thing we need is more roadblocks.

And I see now that we are creating our own roadblocks when we don’t have to. I feel that hip hop sometimes makes our stereotypes worse, and perpetuates our most negative stereotypes. As minorities we’re in a position where we are constantly scrutinized and everything we do is a reflection of our values, morals, and capabilities. Knowing that, every time one of us fails miserably and becomes rejects of society, it makes us look bad.

I'm doing my best to overcome these obstacles, and from what i see you're doing the same, you said you're going to college right? There is nothing wrong with wanting yourself and your race to do better. Now for some reason you feel comfortable where we’re at, and you don’t think we can do better. You’re entitled to believe that, but I’d have to disagree with you.

Now, when I see my people falling into the traps in life that have been setup for minorities, and then i see how hip hop glorifies everything that’s made progress for us a difficult process. I become very resentful of hip hop. When you get older maybe you'll understand why i sometimes bash hip hop. I don’t expect you to agree with me now, especially since you've invested so much time into hip hop as your hobby.

Look at most successful people in our country. Most of them became successful breadwinners through education and developing careers. Compare those numbers to the number of people who've attained success through drug dealing or hip hop, and you'll realize that most people are attempting success in a business where the odds are stacked against them.

I remember once i met a young black woman (around 27) at my job who agreed with everything I said and she complimented me, and she said she wish she had realized what i realized a lot sooner. But i suppose she's a self hating African American because she sees better avenues for success than rapping or dealing drugs right? She should stay in the ghetto and be proud right?

Also let me ask you something, if someone was born in an urban area, in the ghetto. Are you saying, they are obligated and supposed to love everything about it? They can’t have any constructive criticism about their area or their people? I suppose if martin Luther king just sat back and accepted his urban area things would be better? (According to you) i guess MLK was a white man in your eyes. MLK motivated change among black people, he inspired people to protest and gain acceptance. Ok so you may be passive about our race, and you don’t think any improvements can be made, but i don’t. I think we can do better, I admonish our race to avoid those pitfalls so we can gain acceptance in the mainstream. To be accepted as valued members of our society. It’s an uphill battle that i'm willing to fight, and that you'd just rather let things be.

Hip Hop adds fuel to the fires of discrimination against us. Imagine pointing a finger at a pedophile who says he’s not a pedophile. Well the next time he rapes a 12 year old girl, it’s going to be hard for him to deny being a pedophile. An extreme example, yes, however take my point. We have to conquer our stereotypes. You may love urban areas and the ghetto, however that’s not the most ideal place to live and raise your kids. The whole point of obtaining success and getting a career is to move to a better place. You seem to be a person who has accepted the faults and flaws of urban areas and you don’t want to do a damn thing about it.
    test
  11. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

community college is iller than anything else.... dont know about the employment after
    though, universities are more a challenge
    test
  12. Rickey Isreal

Rickey Isreal Braze Boogie

Lol, Cire is holding up his argument pretty well actually. Making his points without having to backtrack on what he said. Interesting conversation.

What I will say though, is Favian, you need to understand that your upbringing and social status (as good of a success story as it may be) is a rarity. Every race has its stereotypes. But every race also has its fit in the scheme of this nation's social structure.
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

fair enough. What bothers me about cire's attitude is that he beleives this, and i quote:

"If your "Urban" but spend time bashing urban culture, nit picking at cats who wear durags, hating the culture that is hiphop and want it to fit the mold that you deem as appropiate, you're acting white to me."

the main problem here is that he feels that wherever you happen to live and be raised, you should never criticize it and just accept it. I grew up in a bad area, and i've seen the problems, and i've seen things that could be improved, and i've seen people AND people i've grown up with who've taken the wrong path in life. I know not everyone can be saved, but it doesnt mean we shouldnt try. How that makes me an uncle tom or a whitey is beyond me. Cire can do all the namecalling he wants, but if he's comfortable with the current state of minority progression, then i think he's an underachiever. The best way to improve things is to find the problems, offer solutions, and try to change people's viewpoints in life and convince people to try more and do better. If that provokes you to call me white, then you're just plain ignorant. Let me put it this way, i love being latino, but i think we can do better. That doesnt make me a self hating latino, thats what cire fails to understand.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.