african american members step in please.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by deadweather, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickey Isreal

Rickey Isreal Braze Boogie

I still have problems believing that Favian is Hispanic reading his posts, lol (but anywho).

Pretty much, saying "acting white" and/or "acting black" takes the extreme negative connonations that come from the stereotypes of that race (black or white) and adds it to the persona of whomever they're trying to describe.

If the shoe doesn't fit, you get put on blast by someone saying "you're acting black/white."

If there's a goofy White kid that's wearing a durag and talking hard...someone may say they're acting Black. If there's a Black guy dressed as a Goth, then someone will say he's acting White.

As unfortunate as those stereotypes are (accurate or not, stereotypes are always unfortunate in the general scheme of things) it's a reality.

Phenom is on some other shit with his post to me. Maybe I misread, or misunderstood the point he was trying to make. But it sounded kinda ignorant to me.
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

why would you have problems beleiving that? (this question is directed at rickey, not anyone else) Lets hear this one.

By the way, i'm not talking about the extremes like a black kid dressing like a goth, even i've never seen that one, i mean shit like the example of the girl reading a book then she's considered acting white, or medevil acting white cuz he speaks proper.

my favorite post thus far is john holmes' from the first page
    test
  3. deadweather

deadweather ******

hahahahahah
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

thanks. The only reason they give me shit is cuz i used to say i hate hip hop, the only reason i say those things sometimes is because i get angry when i see how hip hop portray african americans in a negative light and reverse all the progress civil rights leaders fought hard for. Its like "they worked hard.. for this..?" Where are the good african american role models? Its a tragedy when more youth knows about lil jon than Cornel West.

one time i was like i hate hip hop, and cire was like 'just admit u hate black people' He's an idiot as far as i'm concerned.
    test
  5. Rickey Isreal

Rickey Isreal Braze Boogie

First, to each its own with the reading=fun thing. It's joyful recreation. I wouldn't (personally) use fun as the adjective to describe what reading does for me. Although, I would say it is "fun" for me writing, whether it's a song or a story or what have you. But being realistic, one shouldn't automatically brand someone as an idiot because they say their idea of fun is "smoking a blunt and playing video games." That's more accurate in a realitive generalization.

Favian...
    Just the things you say negates any possiblity (in my mind) that you are hispanic, lol. I don't know man, it's just some of the shit you say comes out so sideways it's like yo, "I would never hear that coming from one of my Hispanic friend's mouths" for real. A tad bit of a stereotype but hey, initial reactions for first encounters run that way. On top of that (to run this in with the thread title) you act White. lol
    test
  6. deadweather

deadweather ******

i dont understand what makes me untypical hispanic. However, You hit the nail on the head with the stereotyping, which is why cire calls me 'uncle tom' or whatever. He'd rather be a formulaic hispanic that fits the mold/stereotype than just a person with common sense. What people are implying when they say that i dont act like i'm hispanic, is that there's a certain way a hispanic person should act and when i dont follow that, i'm automatically an uncle tom. And thats racist stereotyping in itself, which makes people like Cire and Marduki fucking racist as well. So fuck them. I'm superior to these poeple.
    test
  7. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

bottom line is that it doesnt matter how you are, white america will look at you as a ni99er, favian for example, he'll prolly claim he has tons of minority friends and shit but when he was angered by a black person instead of attacking them he called him a ni99er as if race had somethin to do with it........what i said is completely correct......honestly you think the average white older cat thinks your more than an average hispanic? if you think that your sadly mistaken
    test
  8. phenom2002

favian thats not why people give u shit, you need to honestly rethink your train of thought, honestly your not that bad of a guy but your a complete biggot.......
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

the point of my thread was to give a reality check to some people on this site. It should infuriate any black male on this site that education is seen as a 'white thing only' and we're living in the year 2004. (sorry ill rich you're not black. No matter how much shit you talk about white people) It bothers me that nobody is trying to defeat their stereotypes, and they'd rather live up to it. John holmes got it right. I get to meet a lot of successful black men and women where i work, and these people have managed to defeat all their stereotypes, i beleive people will ultimately judge you on how hard you work for your success and not by skin color. So i beleive the best way to 'represent' your race, and your hometown is by being accomplished, not by having the most chains and material objects.
    test
  10. phenom2002

no matter how far a black person gets in life they'll still be looked at as a lower class citizen, bottom line.......if you think different then you live in a dream world
    test
  11. deadweather

deadweather ******

Are you saying that people like barrak obama are looked upon as lowerclass citizens? i beg to differ. I dont think i'm a biggot at all, i'm a progressive
    test
  12. phenom2002

favian, you look down on peoples life style instead of trying to understand it you have before said and implied that you are better than some classes of people that is traits of a biggot......and yes, people still think even black men with the status of obama are second class citizens, if that wasnt the case then a black man would be able to run the country, do you honestly feel a black man will run the country?
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

^ NOT without some type of effort. What bothers me is that nobody is trying.
    See phenom. what you're actually admitting is that nobody how hard you try you'll still be frowned upon. Which probably leaves you saying "whats the use in trying" which just another way of keeping minorities down. Do you see. You're basically saying that even as a successful person, ur just gonna be looked down upon, i dont beleive that makes the effort fruitless.
    test
  14. phenom2002

lol for what? we'll never see a black president in our life time, there just some things you gotta except
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

i added some stuff to my post.
    test
  16. deadweather

deadweather ******

i think the more successful black people see, and the more they enter the public eye, the more and more you'll see these horrible stereotypes defeated. And that wont happen without some effort, it seems like some people here feel its never going to happen no matter what so why bother trying. Am i the only one that sees a problem with this
    test
  17. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

^shut your bigot ass up.... you always got some sideways
    excuse for your racist/uncle tomstatements....
    silence yourself at once..... black people dont like you and you dont like
    black people so just leave it at that
    test
  18. deadweather

deadweather ******

how about you take your ignorant/stupid ass out to the highway fucking jump in front of a truck you fucking waste of resources
    test
  19. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

^the truth hurts eh.....
    test
  20. deadweather

deadweather ******

that you've been a waste of your parents money these past 20 years?
    yeah.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.