african american members step in please.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by deadweather, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.......,.,.,,.....

insired by the "what's nas' problem thread?"

someone explain to me exactly what it means to "act white" as a black man?

like what would make you say "oh that guy there is actin like he's white"

so what does this mean to you.

One of my friends in my gym class said she was gonna sit outside her next class and "sit and read her book like a white person", and we all laughed, however it bothered me that she associated reading with "white activity"

so someone explain to me. what does acting 'white' mean to you? what would a person have to do to obtain that label?
    test
  2. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

actin like an uncle tom and brown nosin white folk basically, its not hard to understand
    test
  3. Skini Slim

Skini Slim Multiple Talent Complex

being...iono...

white people suck...imma racist
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

so what does acting white mean to you? What does acting like an uncle tom mean to you? Do you think anytime a person "acts" white its also brown nosin 'white folk'?

btw. i broke 15,000 posts.
    i'm nice with it

i havent gotten a full fleshed out answer yet.
    test
  5. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

you just gotta see it to understand, im to tired to explain
    test
  6. Skini Slim

Skini Slim Multiple Talent Complex

sometimes i see people change their entire persona in order to reap the benefits of white people. i suppose they feel that acting black will lead them to trouble.
    test
  7. Majestic...

Majestic... New Member

Act white.. oh i get it.. Hey look, Jared is enslaving his family...

Seriously theirs fucking unbeleavers on both sides... Im Lightskinned an on an average basis black motherfuccaz assume somthing way quicker than white people... A lot of em need to get nocked out straight the fuck up...

Im cool with who ever is cool with me, If you want to be on that im blacker than you bullshit, you get mobbed on... Just like a white guy callin me a N.Igger imma get at some fake as bitch calling me ~~~~~~...
    test
  8. Majestic...

Majestic... New Member

test
  9. Majestic...

Majestic... New Member

Oh and what is acting black by the way???

Swearing, smoking weed, stealing, fucking, and other vices?

Thats where yall get it fucked up.. Most of yall are impressed with the material things the "white man" Gives you .. And i say give, cause even though you think your earning it, your not, its given to you and can be taken away at anytime...

Someone Give your discription of acting black...
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

explain a scenario

also, someone explain to me what does "acting black" entail?
    test
  11. twelvetwentysix

twelvetwentysix New Member

When someone labels someone a color or race by thier actions they are displaying the highest form of ignorance. You can not read a book like a white person , you can sit down , read a book and comprehend what the message or words on the paper means. The chick who said that obviously meant to say that white people are the only race that sits under trees , soaks in the day and read a book.

So if she was to act black what would she have done ? gone home , smoked a blunt , had un protected sex and drank malt liqour? a person ignorance is on full display when they say stupid things like that.

There is this stereotype that education and social interaction in a decent manner is reserved for white people , like white people are the only ones w / the right to conduct themselves in a civil manner or present themselves w / class to other people. Its totally cool for a black person to sit under a tree and enjoy the day reading a book and beleive it or not the book does not have to be about Malcolm X or Martin Luthor King ...
    test
  12. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

well, black culture does exist, and white culture does exist

so if used in the proper sense, there is a way to "act black" and "act white"

but the way that girl used it is complete bullshit ignorance

and i wish i was there to son her terribly
    test
  13. Cluster-One

Cluster-One Active Member

nimrod: what the fuck do you mean act white, my god, your incoherent level of stupidity and lack of ability to formulate a half decent thought tells me that you are a complete doughe bag and can't process simple observation.

girl: ummmm, what? i totally didn't like get half of that.
    test
  14. Majestic...

Majestic... New Member

test
  15. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

can you tell black culture from white culture?

stop trying to be overly politically correct

ACTING isnt the exact right word yes, thats why i put it in quotes
    test
  16. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

lmao @ nim not gettin homeboy's post
    test
  17. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

"acting black/white" in the text that favian is presenting just involves the basic stereotypes of each race..acting white for example wud be some one like wayne brady who speaks "proper" and dress semi-casually w. button downs and slacks and makes corny jokes , appears to be educated..is accepted by white tv audiences so hes constantly arround whites etc etc and portrays any other stereotype ...and some one acting black wud be someone like eminem or V-ice who dress in urban clothing , interact in urban cultures ie. hiphop and basically surround themselves w/ black people, dwell in urban/low income environments...and any other dumb stereotype that follows as well..basically explioting the stereotypes of each race..pretty ignorant...but in some cases it does apply when some one is blatantly mocking or exploiting another race like i see it alot in teenagers who are tryin to find themselves and are "sampling" many diff. cultures and lifestyles to see where they fit..but also it is needed to a degree like for jobs and such..usually "business ettiquette" is synonomous(sp) wit "acting white" and shit i know i used to pull that shit when i was in highschool at evety interview lol..so iono..its ignorant but yet at the same time is present in our society ans we have to recognize it ...

P.S. one thing i hate tho is when i'll be chillin wit one of my white friends and i bring'emn around some of my boys and he starts tryna act "Black" and starts throwin in some slang here and there lol..shits kinna funny tho..but i think its just natural to try and "fit" in an environment..like i kinna do the same around white folks..i'll notice i start sayin " dude" more and shit lol..crazy..its just subconcious sometimes....
    test
  18. deadweather

deadweather ******

what i'm getting at is this.

when did it become the norm that 'white' was associated with being propper, intelligent, studious, and educated and black meant the opposite of all those things, and why do people accept it?

this is a problem.
    test
  19. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

their is a reason why its like that...and yes it has alot to do with segragation and the racism that is still present in society....All races and cultures associated with being inteligent think lowly of the inteligence and competence of latins and blacks

It also doesnt help that our government is run by white people who probaly do think their race and religion is better then yours...

cuz lets face it.. this Society determines what you are supposed to be...They tell you how to dress,act,and think...and the united states of america is just like every other nation the minority is percieved badly...and the majority(whites) are percieved as businessmen and politicians

and yeah you gotta to expierence it to know why...

I went to schools that were predominantly black my whole life and then when i moved.. i went to a school in the suburbs....i was disgusted that these kids in the suburbs were supposed to be smarter then me and my old freinds...Then i realized that society is telling blacks they are dumb and telling whites your smart go to college....i guess thats easy to do when you never struggled in your life or have any issues with money..and thats when i detrmined this is bigger then stereotypes...i honestly think these ignorant pricks want us to kill eachother
    test
  20. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

so martin luther king was a uncle tom because he spoke with proper grammer?....this shit boggles my mind, my man is black he plays hockey, and wrestles and wants to be a cop?...is he a uncle tom? lol....but he knows his jamiacan culture rather well...but hey if black culture is eating chicken and speaking in ebonics to you then who am i to tell u its not
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.