Aesthetics vs Vitality

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LiveFromThe781, Feb 18, 2008.

?

Why do you lift or "exercise"

1. Aesthetics - just to look good, fuck health.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Vitality - live good, not look good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Power - i just like to lift heavy shit (PL/Strongman)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. "Functionality" - my gym looks like a playground

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

why do you lift, vote and explain.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I chose aesthetics, but I wouldn't say "fuck health". My primary goal right now is to shape the body I want, but I also eat healthy and take care of myself. Vitality will take priority when I hit my thirties.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

damn its not even public wtf

anyway, i picked aesthetics too. when i say "fuck health" its things i find to be insignificant such as resting heart rate, and other shit i cant even think of because its so useless.

basically im out to get to where i want size wise and eating fruit and vegetables throughout the day probaly isnt going to help me accomplish that. i also eat foods which ive developed allergies to because i eat them so much, especially eggs.

i dont care what my blood pressure is, or my CHL levels, i dont care about endurance or running marathons. i care about taking a weight and lifting it to recruit muscle fibers. i eat what i consider to be healthy foods: whole milk, eggs, meat, and just about anything that ISNT fast food or processed.
    test
  4. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i have always lifted for strength, but I care about how i look as well....i think most things in strength sports and bodybuilding overlap...you need to lift heavy shit, eat a lot, and rest...we only slightly differ in the end result....

imagine what savickas would look like shredded down lol...[​IMG]
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

ok i know what you mean but powerlifters dont care about their appearance...well im sure they do to an extent but they know that its just easier to have some fat and keep lifting than to try and cut down to look good. most PLers tend to be people who retain fat more anyway.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Dave Tate is a powerlifter who dieted down once to around 5%, came out with good results...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HIs pecs look small but he's torn each of them something like 16 times.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

im not saying they dont have physiques, anyone who lifts 500+ on all lifts is going to have muscle development. its just most of them dont care about dieting down.
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Oh no I agree with you, I was just posting that because Supaliccious was wondering what a powerlifter would look like if they cut.

Dave Tate's diet is atrocious, lots of Pop Tarts lol
    test
  9. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I voted Aesthetics...but really, with the lean body type I shoot for vitality goes right along with it and actually come to think of it I started gettin serious about working out for health reasons, cuz I was fuckin fat LOL

But yo, everyone wants to look good with their shirt off and at 21 years old that holds especially true.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

indeed, and its even better when you look good with your shirt on too..meaning people can actually tell you lift. even in my work uniform people ask me constantly if i play football or any sports or when i get called to do a carry-out theyre like "oh i see you went and got the muscles" good shit lol although i think im still tiny...especially when my forearms and biceps/triceps are close to the same size.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

ive seen some good transformations on T-nation...there was some guy who was a powerlifter that dieted down and was fucking ripped. most powerlifters have better bodies than bodybuilders they just never diet down to show them. i read recently that strength training..or just lifting heavy for low reps like 5x1 clusters, will recruit more of a muscle fiber that stays contracted so it gives the appearance of a "harder" muscle which may explain why powerlifters and oly-lifters look the way they do when they diet down, especially with abs.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.