Adobe Audition playback problem?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by ^IT^, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^IT^

^IT^ MMC

I'm not sure if anyone else has this playback problem but its like whenever i insert the beat into a track slot in multitrack mode, when it plays it plays the beat at a way faster tempo.. like crazy fast.....and i have to go into single track mode, play the song, then go back to multitrack mode to hear the beat playing at the original tempo...
    its kind of a pain evertime i have to insert a new track...
    I'm not sure if its my copy of audition or anything or my OS which is vista...
    thats why im trying to see if anyone else had this problem...
    I also have a problem for some reason if im in multitrack mode and i just want to play what ive recorded, the playback messes up and i dont really know how to describe it, its not like a scratched cd, its just makes like weird computer noises when im trying to play what ive recorded back...
    whats weird is if i go into the single track view, everything is recorded properly, and sounds right, but when i play everything together in the multitrack mode before i mixdown, it has the computer noise and it's impossible to see how everything sounds exactly...
    has any one experienced this or have any recommendations on what exactly to do?
    thanks
    i appreciate it!
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

Hmm.. well this is a new one to me.. have you tried updating to a later version, or reinstalling audition? If I had to guess I'd be pretty confident in saying that you may have a bad copy of the software, or maybe just a bad installation..

However.. there are some other things that might cause this.. the more tracks you load in multitrack view.. the more ram / processing is used.. this is pretty demanding on your pc's resources and could definitely be the problem as wel..

so.. tell me more.. how much ram do you have in your pc? What are the specs of it? Processor.. hardrive size / type.. ram.. motherboard.. soundcard/interface.. etc..

Make sure you're doing weekly clean ups on it.. defrag it etc.. if possible.. use a different drive to save your sessions on.. try not to save the sessions on the same drive your DAW is installed on.. sessions take up.. A LOT of space..

Also.. how long has this been happening? Was there a time you didn't have this problem? Did you recently change anything or install anything?

Let me know, and we'll go from there.
    test
  3. ^IT^

^IT^ MMC

Thanks for lookin out..
    i just updated to vista and adobe audition 3.0... before i had audition 2.0 and xp but my hd crashed and i just updated the whole thing...
    i need to go to the studio to get you all of that computer specs though..
    ill post back in here once i do...
    thanks again...
    test
  4. Mr. ROUSH

Ahhh.. yeah that's probably got a lot to do with it then man.. Vista is problematic.. tell you what.. download the digi 003 getting started guide.. there is a section in there that explains how to optimize vista for recording purposes.. unless you're gonna get an 003 the rest of it will be useless to you..

make sure your windows sounds are turned off.. make sure your screen saver is off.. things like that, or pretty much anything that might start randomly running during playback or recording etc..

personally.. I'm sticking with XP service pack 2.. optimized..

Is your OS 64bit? If so then that may also lend to compatiblity issues with Audition..

still really lots of things possible here though.. I'll be able to tell you more when you tell me the rest of your specs..

You're welcome.. ain't a thing..
    test
  5. ^IT^

^IT^ MMC

okay sorry for takin so long....
    i had the information just hadnt logged on...
    --
    what do you mean the digi 003 starting guide? can i just google that??
    o forget that question i just googled it right now...

this is a pretty old computer and i dont mind upgrading any parts or if you have any recommendations
    but here are the specs
    intel (r) pentium (r) processor cpu 2.68 ghz
    1.25 gb ram.. i could probably upgrade this for sure.. i thought i had more than that
    and its 32 bit version of vista....
    and i have an echo mia sound card installed....
    basically i was looking at the physical memory which i think is the problem, because in vista it seems to have alot of physical memory in the cache...
    so im thinking it most likely is a memory problem because during my sessions i use alot of tracks, and that definitely takes up space...
    and when i first started audition i think it said there was no free space left... but my big question is could i delegate what goes into the cache?
    because there werent any programs or anything running.. and the cache was allready filled up with only a couple of mb's of free space left, and once i opened audition there was 0 mb's of free space left....
    ---
    well if you can offer anytype of feedback id appreciate it...
    test
  6. Mr. ROUSH

Hey no problem.. Alright.. given this info I think you have a combination of things going on.. 1.25 gigs of ram is "enough" to run audition or most DAW software.. but.. it's not much room to play with especially running Vista.. Vista uses A LOT of your computers resources.. it's a bit of a hog.. Your processor is not helping things.. not bad for most things, not great for audio.. you're barely getting by with that computer.. With today's plugins and DAW's you really need a dual core system.. and might as well go quad core to prepare for the not so distant future.. but, if you can't look at a new pc right now.. then deffinitley add Ram.. I would also go XP if I were you.. or you can go Windows7 when it comes out.. you'll be much better off.. XP is hard to beat..

You can designate how much of your resources a program is alotted, but there are minimum requirements with most programs.. In your case you can give audition %85 of your resources, but that just means Audition won't use more than that.. You can optimize your operating system to help here.. for one.. go to the windows classic view.. you're couging up resources to support the graphics in vista.. you can't really limit the resources to the operating system per se, but you can minimize the use of your resources by turning certain things off.. this is where that 003 getting started guide will come in handy.. or you can just google otimizing vista for recording, and there are lots of places you can get info on optimizing.

So that's what I would suggest.. but if I were you I would change to xp and reinstall audition first and foremost.. I've certinaly made records on computers with less power than that without having that problem, aside from having to occasionally lock in real time effects to free up resources.. Best of luck tho!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.