Adobe Audition Latency?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by ArtOfactz, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtOfactz

ArtOfactz Immortal-Siccness

Can someone help me with this, I'm getting all kind of solutions but not one of them works, last solution I read was from this site on google, which was

Okay, I did everything ^ said to do, I did not see a "Latency Tab" thou. Then again I don't have my mic plugged in at the moment, would that make a difference? I'd appreciate the help, thank you.
    test
  2. --Sinical--

--Sinical-- Real Hip Hop

I have Pro Tools...I click on Set Up>Playback Engine then switch to 128 to record. When I mix I use 128, 256.
    test
  3. ArtOfactz

Yea, I get what you are saying all thou, it doesn't help me lol. I don't use pro-tools, I use AA 3.0; get me?

Thanks thou.

Anyone else have this issue or has experienced this issue? That can help.
    test
  4. --Sinical--

--Sinical-- Real Hip Hop

Theres one other track you might be able to try, since I'm not familiar with the program, you could Mute the track your recording in. You wont be able to hear yourself as you rap, but it will do the trick for now.
    test
  5. Junkis Toltek

Junkis Toltek Hip-Hop Producer

Whether the mic is plugged or not doesn't affect latency.

How to set low latency:
    1. First of all, what you need to do is install the ASIO drivers. If you've got an integrated soundcard, download ASIO drivers from the website asio4all.com.
    2. Install them and go to Edit -> Audio Hardware Setup (in multitrack mode).
    In the field "Audio Driver" choose ASIO4ALL V2.

You can play with latency by pressing control panel button, but remember that the lower the latency, the more PC resourses the software will need, and the more audio artifacts you might hear. So it's better to leave the settings as they are if you're not sure what settings you are changing.

3. Apply and create a new audition session.

That's it.
    If you have and external soundcard, then you'll have to choose the asio driver for your specific soundcard from the list.

Hope that helped.
    Peace!
    test
  6. ArtOfactz

Thanks for all the FEED, I'll be sure to try the ASIO4ALL, when I get the time, once again, thanks.
    test
  7. 'Imm' 'Sicc'

'Imm' 'Sicc' Immortal-Siccness

Can an admin delete my the ArtOfactz account, I finally retrieved this account, just remembered the email addy.

Thanks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.