Actors That Were "Suppose" To Play That Part

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Mind~$oul, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Name some movies you know of where actors where suppose to play a certain role but it never happened.

I always wonder was Will Smith the first person they looked for when they decided to do Ali.

Aaliyah was suppose to play Jada Pinkett's part in the Matrix I believe.

Tupac was suppose to play "O Dogg" in Menace II Society. He also was suppose to play "Jody" in Baby Boy.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now.
    test
  2. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

thank god pac didnt play o dogg that woula sucked

I heard will smith was the first choice to play in the upcoming Superman movies.....but than they realized he was dark
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Will Smith was supposed to be Neo in the Matrix. He turned it down because he didn't really get the concept. He admits to this day that he'd have fucked it up if he'd taken it.
    test
  4. Raggot

Raggot the faggot

spike lee was originally gonna star as ali, but he turned it down.

so they gave the part to big willy
    test
  5. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

the only one i could think of at the moment is dmx playing the part of the crow..
    test
  6. The MASSIVE

The MASSIVE Guess Who's Back

‘Ali’ might have not been made without its star Will Smith. Will ploughed millions of dollars of his own money into the film after Sony film bosses failed to put up the cash. Director Michael Mann joined Smith in reportedly guaranteeing a total of $20 million to ensure the movie reached its full potential. Mann says, "The movie was going to cost more than (Sony executives) wanted to spend. ‘Ali’ was only made because Will and I put up our fees and became co-financiers and the completion guarantors of the picture." Mann also concedes the bio-pic of boxing legend Muhammad Ali's budget ran "north" of it's predicted $105 million.

Actually Director Spike Lee was bitter over being rejected by Will Smith when he was hoping to direct ‘Ali’. Spike was approached by Will as the possible director for ‘Ali’ but Michael Mann was signed instead. Spike was on some, "I wanted to do it, but Will didn't want me to direct it. Columbia and Sony had a list and Will had a list. I met with Will and his manager. The first thing Will said was, 'So Spike, how can you expand your vision?' When he asked that I knew I was out." Spike says he wasn't impressed with the finished film, criticizing producers' choice of a white director. Spike said, "Few white directors can get our stuff right ‘Ali’ didn't get it. I'm tired of other people documenting our history."
    test
  7. PimpetteRah!

PimpetteRah! ehrjwhrwejkhr!

Tupac in Mence would have been bad. Especially baby boy!!

umm I juss can't see it
    test
  8. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I dont see how people are saying Menace II Society would have been wack if Tupac played O Dog. I think it would have been the perfect role for him. He did a pretty good job in Juice IMO
    test
  9. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

who was it that originally wanted to play howard hughes in the aviator but wwas turned down for leo
    test
  10. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

Pac was already typecasted through his music - I'm kinda glad he didn't play O Dogg.
    test
  11. FaceLess

FaceLess jook is my dad..

Pac was incredible in Juice...Thats the best Acting job by a MC...by far

he woulda been dope as Jody and O dogg IMO

but wasnt babyboy released like 4 years after pac died?

The guy with the Tall hair from FREINDS was supossed to play will smiths part in MIB
    test
  12. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I think John Singleton was the one who wrote the script for Baby Boy. Anyway the script was written the same year Tupac died, which was back in 1996. Singleton said once he died he really didn't want or could find anybody else to play the part. That's until he met Tyrese and said he saw some similarities in the two. [dunno]

But I dont care what yall say. Tupac would have been great as O Dog. Yeah he was kinda typecasted in his music but I think when people say that, they're only thinkin about the Tupac as the last remember. The Deathrow controversial ass Tupac. He didnt play the same roles in all of his movies. Menace II Society came out in 93 and Juice came out the year before in 92. Back then 'Pac was still relativity unknown to the majority(he wasnt big yet). I think Menance II Society would have been his second movie if he had been in it. So it wasnt like it would have been some "cliche" type role for him. I just think when people say he wouldn't have done good as O Dog, they're just thinking of the Tupac post Me Against The World. When all the real drama started to come in
    test
  13. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

The Rock was supposed to have Jet Li's role in The One
    test
  14. Adrock

Adrock 3 TextMCS and a LoKK beat

Pac woulda been a dope O - Dogg but he woulda sucked like hell as Jody. Pac lover or not you're stupid if you think he coulda played Jody.

Pac's acting was a mirrored image of his personality. It made dope for O Dogg, Bishop roles but he couldn't have showed the almost numb, shadowed sensitivity of the mommies boy Jodie.
    test
  15. Soul Assassin

Soul Assassin Bleek is very underated.

Robert Deniro was going to take the role in Man on Fire... but they decided on Denzel instead.
    test
  16. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

In the original Matrix, they didn't choose Keanu Reeves right away.
    Leonardo Dicaprio, Will Smith, Ewan McGregor, Brad Pitt, and Johnny Depp were all considered and/or asked to play the role of Neo.
    test
  17. Yo Mamas Pimp

Yo Mamas Pimp Hard Out Here For A Pimp

Robert De Niro turned down the role of Jesus in the Last Temptation of Christ

and he was also supposed to play the pizza shop owner in Do The Right Thing but turned that shit down too
    test
  18. chodeface

chodeface i charge $5 a BLOW

Angela Bassett turned down Monster's Ball (2001) and Halle Berry snagged the part, becoming the first African-American to win the Best Actress Oscar.

Rod Steiger turned down "Patton" (1970), which George C. Scott inherited as his Best Actor Oscar. Scott, in turn, rejected the script for "The Godfather" (1972) and enabled Marlon Brando to win the Best Actor Oscar.

Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf which eventually went to Ian McKellen.

Over the years, John Travolta has turned down the leads in various movies. Of particular interest were the roles in “American Gigolo”, “An Officer and a Gentleman” and “Chicago”. Each of these roles went to Richard Gere.

Tom Cruise wasn’t the first choice to play the lead role in “Jerry Maguire”. Another Tom was! Tom Hanks eventually declined the role.

The latest “Best Actor” Oscar winner has turned down parts in the past. Jamie Foxx turned down the role of Slim in the movie, “The Wood”, in order to play Willie Beamen in the football film “Any Given Sunday”.

Not only did action star Arnold Schwarzenegger turn down the role of John McClane in “Die Hard”, but Sylvester Stallone did too. This infamous role eventually went to Bruce Willis.

Russell Crowe was considered for the role of Logan a.k.a. Wolverine in the “X-Men” movies. When he decided not to do the part, Hugh Jackman landed the part.

LEONARDO DiCAPRIO was offered the roles of SPIDER-MAN and STAR WARS hero ANAKIN SKYWALKER, but turned them down because they failed to pass his "passion test". He says, "If they're not able to get close to what you feel you deserve, you wonder who's financing it and backing it. Usually when I want to do something, I know immediately, and then I do it."
    test
  19. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

Dave Chappelle was offered the part of Bubba in Forrest Gump
    test
  20. acurate3522

acurate3522 WATWUZUTHINKIN

Eric Stoltz was the original choice to play Marty in Back to the future.

Beverly Hills Cop was originally written for Sylvester Stallone. When Sly backed out Eddie helped re write the movie to fit his character.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.