Activities detrimental to your health and gains

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Steve Schade, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

So, what do you do that you know only hampers your efforts to get strong, get big, get healthy, etc?

I smoke cigarettes. Dumb dumb dumb. I've been smoking for a couple years and I've tried to quit a couple times. I need to just trash these fucking Newports right now.....But I probably won't.

I drink. Not nearly as much as I used to though. Alcohol lowers testosterone and ups estrogen, and that's no good.

I don't get enough sleep some of the time. If you're lifting you should definitely be getting 8 hours.

All I can think of at the moment. Add what you do to fuck yourself up : )
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I never drink anymore.

I haven't smoked weed in over a month.

and today is my 4th day of not smoking a single cig.. and i quit before summer for 3 months.
    and I switched my split today. and it was a damn good workout (chest/tris)..

time to see even better gains in the next 4 months than what I'm currently doing.
    test
  3. Snikka

I don't really do anything detrimental to gains.. except having a job that doesn't pay me enough and working 40 hours a week.

if I didn't have to work, that could potentially change some things.
    test
  4. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

Horrible diet.

Thats what been holding me back, it's just to hard right now.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Nice. After this pack I'm going to see if I can go without any.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Why do you say it's too hard?
    test
  7. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

Well with me its my job that fucks my diet up. I work from my car so I'm usually runnin through the drivethrough for lunch and sometimes dinner. And I dont eat breakfast. I'mma change shit up soon tho. Theres alot of shit that can make it hard to eat a proper diet.
    test
  8. Snikka

You gonna have to man up and start pre-planning your diet and taking that shit seriously.

fast food = trash.

I haven't eaten anything fast food except maybe a no sauce kfc white meat twister in the past year.
    test
  9. Snikka

and breakfast is the most important meal of the day.. yessir.
    test
  10. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

i lift about 3-4 times a week but i'm probably not achieving the full benefits due to my poor diet (fast food) and also not eating breakfast and running on 6 hours of sleep.
    test
  11. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

If you guys are gonna go fast food, get a grilled chicken sandwich or 2, and/or a salad with grilled chicken slices and a low fat dressing. With a cup of water. Yeah yeah
    test
  12. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Right now I'm doin exceptionally well...I went from 225 to 208 in a little under two weeks and I've been hittin the gym 4 days a week...my diet consists of Chicken, Tuna, Fruit and Whole Grain and I run every single day

My problem for the last 2 years tho...Eatin anything, fast food, cake, pie whatever the fuck...and drinkin a whole lot and not doin shit but sittin around when i wasnt workin...somethin clicked tho so right now i gotta say my routine is flawless
    test
  13. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i dont really have a routine or diet...i just eat what comes into my mind, nottoo much fast food..but yeah i dont mind chicken burgers.its hard to gain weight for me tho..
    test
  14. Snikka

Day 7: of quitting smoking

still haven't smoked.

I put on 3-4 lbs this week. pretty sweet.. but I am on creatine too.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Drinking. I don't drink that much anymore. It was match day today. A year ago I'd have drunk near enough 15 pints and a few chasers during the game. Then I'd go out that night too and drink a stupid amount of mixers, shots, pints etc. Now I drink about twice a week. I rarely drink on match days because I stay home. When I go out I drink slower. But Im still a pretty hard drinker.

Diet. I have cut down alot. My breakfast would be 3 bowles of Frosted Flakes, a share bag of wine gums or M and M's and a few candy bars. Now I don't have any, which is just as bad and i need to get up earily to start eating a decent brekkie. Dinners... I eat more rice, pasta. I still blaze about 2 Mc Donalds a week though...

Sleep. I get bout 6 hours tops per night. It's not even close to being enough.
    test
  16. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

test
  17. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

i drink about 2-3 times a week. and its not just a few beers. its out at 8pm and home at 4am.

i tend to drink vodka and white alcohol as its better than darker ones. but i do love whiskey and thats as dark as they come.

it affected me a lot when i first started lifting but its like my body just accepted it or got used to it. doesn't really affect me that much anymore.

i've also taken my fair share of drugs. but that was more so when i was younger. i rarely smoke weed and i'd take some ecstasy once every few months.

other than that i've no other vices that could hamper me, as if they aint enough though lol
    test
  18. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

Ciggarettes are bad for you, but I'm not going to preach. But you should really look into the detrimental effects of alcohol and bodybuilding.
    test
  19. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

Eating poorly, drinking, not enough sleep...
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Inconsistent diet. I'll mostly eat healthy, but sometimes (often once a week) there's no time to cook and I'll order a takeaway and regret it.

Lack of sleep.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.