Abs

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by absolute zero, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

What do you guys do for abs? I do plenty of sit ups and stuff like that, but I need to find a way to blast my lower abs, as it's the only part that I'm having trouble with.
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

lower abs are the hardest. Bicycle crunches are what works best for me. And hanging leg lifts.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i dont do direct ab work. most people will tell you the best way to build abs is through heavy compound lifts that require stabilization, squats, deadlifts, overhead press. hanging leg raises work good though. for lower abs though some reason when i do leg curls i feel it crazy there.
    test
  4. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Want a couple exercises that murder your abs but you prolly aint doin em?

One arm, flat bench, DB presses. When you're using heavy weight on one side of your body your abs are constantly stressed to keep your ass on the bench. The highest I've gone with this is 85 and I repped that 6 times.

Pull-Overs. The thing is you have to lay on the bench like you would while doing presses and let your neck hang off the end of the bench. As you lower the weight and go to bring it back your abs absolutely have to work to their full potential.

Bomb.
    test
  5. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Heavy compounds most def. work your abs but the work done to em isn't gonna make em pop, it's gonna increase their max potential.

With the exception of Front Squats, don't do heavy compounds if your trying to develop your abs.
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

[​IMG]

you wont see this guy doing any ab crunches
    test
  7. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Word. Point taken lol.

He's seriously lean tho and even tho he is shredded his abs aren't like wow. Jesus Christ tho, look at that dudes legs.
    test
  8. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

word @ pullovers btw...those KILL.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

yeah hes some Oly lifter. Ivan something. and yea his legs are crazy but i guess thats what happens when youre putting 500 pounds over your head.
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Planks, ab roller, ab with barbell and weight, bicycle crunches
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Holding a weight overhead is great ab work. It works those stabilizers too.

As for abs, you have to do weighted exercises and tons of cardio.
    test
  12. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

bicycle crunches as slowly as possible. i don't know what they are called but when you have your back a little bit off of the ground and you're balancing on your tailbone and you do lift up your legs and then basically invert it by lifting your legs a little bit off of the ground by like 4-6 inches and then do sit ups. lay on your back and keep your legs at an angle and do circles with your legs and switch up the rotation. i just try to do as many as i can think of
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.