abs, help

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Psyence Phixion, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

you seem to be a person to make a lot of inferences from no real experience

madison is crazy. i dont think you'll find a crazier place than state street here on halloween weekend.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

really what else have i "made inferences from no real experience" on?

and theres no comparison between boston and anywhere in wisconsin.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Your post is riddled with jest..

You say you've been working out for 2 years, almost every day but you only bench 200-210? and what was the point of saying that? what does benching have to do with abs? totally irrelevant.

Next you say you did ab workout for a hour and half straight last Saturday? Who the fuck are you? Bruce Lee? I do ab workout for 15-20 minutes and I'm huffing a puffing and succumbing to lactic acid build up in my stomach.

Seems like you need to re workout your whole workout. You need to UP THE INTENSITY. Those 5 pounds weights aren't going to do you no good. Leave that for the ladies who pretend to workout.

Check T nation. Some hardcore shit on there. Westside for skinny bastids.
    test
  4. Ben Official

i go to boston all the time. i fly out there at least 3-4 times a year, and i'm going real soon and i'll be going quite a bit this year during hockey season.

ive been to boston many times. have you been to madison?
    test
  5. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

^^ahahaha

yeah ur in high school still so chances are u aren't working out the right way...which is nothing to be embarassed about trust me..cuz I'm just now recently learning how to put on mass and really cut fat.

like purple said...pick up the intensity...if u can do 2 hours of ABS and not be dead..u are either a superhero or a prodigy.

one thing that people didn't mention yet is FORM...no matter what u do..the most important thing is to have proper form...I worked out back in my HS years without watching my form and it didn't do diddly squat.

so this isn't just an ab thread..its an overall workout overhaul u need to do if ur serious.

vote=get someone u know who is ripped to work out with u and give u tips...u'll feel like ur about to die the first few times u work out with them...but u'll see massive improvements quickly...real talk

as far as ur weights...u should be doing about 4 sets of 10-12 reps...and if ur last 1 or 2 of WHATEVER u do...if ur not strugglin to get those last couple up....ur using too light weights IMO...usually its 1 warmup set and 3 heavier ones.

drink more water...always lol..common sense. and eat mad protiens period..when ur done working out eat some peanut butter sandwiches...or some chickens or sausages..and get a good nights sleep.

^^^^^u've been given some advice that really can change the way u look..now its up to YOU to make it happen!..seriously..just push urself more and get that workout buddy goin..it helps a lot.

pz
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Using weighted exercises for your abs is a must. My favorite is medicine ball sit-ups. I get in the sit-up position while somebody stands on my feet. I start from the top, then as I'm going down he throws a 15lb. medicine ball at my chest and I catch it. I have to resist the impact and the weight while slowly going down. Then explode back up contracting your abs while using that momentum to throw the ball back to him.

It's REALLY tough and the most I was ever able to do in one set was 30.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

^that sounds like a good workout
    test
  8. Ben Official

yeah thats a pretty good one. most people dont put enough emphasis on the eccentric part of the exercise. they are too focused on the concentric part where they actually lift the weight, and they dont realize that the most work is being done, and the more break down /swelling of the muscle cells comes in the eccentric part of the exercise.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

so i just read the proper way to do ab roll-outs is to keep the abdominals flexed through the entire range of motion, does that hold true with this exercise as well?
    test
  10. Ben Official

no. do you flex your abs the whole time while your doing sit ups? and guy im still waiting on you to get online, i have a million ab workouts if you want them but i need to see what your goals are so i dont want to type everything up in a long private messge
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

i kept them contracted during my ab exercise today, just crunches with weights behind my head, felt pretty good on the upper abs, but im going to need to start doing these to hit those bottom abs better

[​IMG]
    ^starting at 90 degrees
    [​IMG]
    test
  12. Ben Official

that ones alright, try the one i typed up earlier in this thread. its great. do you have an ab wheel? one that you strap your feet into?

and im still scheptical about putting the weights behind the head, it can cause you to pull up your head and cheat when it gets hard whether your trying to or not, also neck strain. try holding it on your forehead.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

perhaps. im always willing to try something new if itll get me better results.

i do have an ab-wheel, but some people call it a barbell.
    test
  14. Ben Official

yeah that works, but not for the one i was going to recommend
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

Those are good too but do them on a bench. Gives you a better ROM.

Most sites and magazines give you some pussy ass workouts. Or good exercises, but shown in some pussy way.

Those ab rollers are great too.
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

^ thats true, which is why i follow pretty much 1 site only and read no magazines.

magazines are the absoulute WORST. they have no nothing but product "pimping" on the cover itll say 20 ways to get your bench up 100lbs and then youre like ok, flip through it and its actually an ad by NO-Xplode or something.

oh and that exercise is being done on a mat i think its just hard to see (notice the hands gripping in figure 2)
    test
  17. Gorilla Nasty

But still, you're better off doing it on a bench. I saw the mat, I'm not blind.
    test
  18. Psyence Phixion

Psyence Phixion New Member

Aren't those just leg lifts - I do that shit after every set when I flat bench. But idk my upper abs are starting to show, but they kinda always were, but i have a gut where my lower abs should be. It's really frustrating.

Also with the leg lifts, what I do sometimes is I try to do numbers out. Like I'll write out a 1 then a 2 then a 3 with my legs, that way im workin out the full range of my abs. Idk if that'll help, I just feel it more - you guys have the abs not me lol.
    test
  19. Gorilla Nasty

Pay more attention to cardio and diet. They really work.
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

no those arent leg lifts, theyre called "garhammer raises" they differ from leg lifts because your stating postion is at 90 degrees as to not activate the hip flexors which do most of the work on traditional leg lifts, these on the other hand do all ab work.

ive used the writing method before-not sure how effective it is. they made us do them in Muay Thai class, we had to write the alphabet with our feet while keeping them elevated didnt do shit for me IMO.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.