abs, help

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Psyence Phixion, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyence Phixion

Psyence Phixion New Member

ok I'm 5'11 and 170. I go to the gym everyday for 1-2 hours, i bench 200 - 210 max. do a diff muscle every day etc. but i seriously can not get abs. I eat 3 times a day, in the morning i have megamens, chromium picolanate, and a protien bar. then i just go and have 2 slices of cheese pizza usually for lunch or sometime i go to boloco. It's seriously pissin me off it's like I've been working out for 2 years and it's like my body is immune to getting abs.

any suggestions?
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i have a SHIT load of great ab exercises, the only problem is its kind of a bitch to type them out because i dont know the names of all of them. i typed a really good one up to the best i could in the goals thread, but pm me if you want me to try to describe some really killer ab exercises. most of them involve medicine balls.
    test
  3. Psyence Phixion

thatd be great and i will do. btw i do abs exercises, idk if i was clear, but i do a shitload. like sat i just did abs at the gym for 1.5 hours, all different shit including leg lifts, medicine ball, crunches, etc.
    test
  4. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

get ur cardio up.....chances are u have decent abs but they are being covered up cuz ur body fat % is too high for them to show.....

best advice..reduce fatty foods/sugary foods + go SWIMMING
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

start doing loaded weight ab exercises, weighted ball crunches with either free weights or that ab-pull-down machine (the weighted one)
    [​IMG]

knee ups

barbell rollouts, just take like 2 45 plates, or w/e they have at your .gym and do them the same as you would with an ab-whell just use the barbell.

serratus crunch
    [​IMG]

chin ups

deadlifts

squats

one-arm bench press w/ dumbell

and yes your diet is probaly also preventing anything from being visible.
    test
  6. Psyence Phixion

ya my cardio really isnt good
    test
  7. Ben Official

yeah this is good advice, cardio is really important for abs. ill pm you the exercises later today after class
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

just something to keep in mind: if you want thick muscular abs, you have to do those ab exercises above, THEN you can do cardio and lose the fat, you probaly should find a specific diet and stick with it too, its so much easier when you have everything mapped out (both in terms of food and exercise) also, the cleaner you eat and the better your diet is, the less cardio you have to do, always remember that.

you dont have to do overdue the cardio either, 20-30 mins of interval running once or twice a week or Tabata method exercise should do the trick.

ps where in boston are you?
    test
  9. Ben Official

are you a bruins fan? go bruins!
    test
  10. Psyence Phixion

im at northeastern - ya im a bruins fan. thanks everyone

also - i bought a smoothie today that had fat burner in it - wtf is fat burner exactly
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

good god...dont go out buying everything that claims to be a fat burner or have magical fat loss properties.
    test
  12. Psyence Phixion

Nah the fat burner was included, i just didnt know what the fck a fatburner was.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

fat burners are usually these things that speed up your metabolism and or other body functions to crack speed in an aid to help you burn excess bodyfat.

truthfully if you replaced the smoothie with a glass of water you couldve prevented putting on fat that would even need to be burned in the first place.

question do you drink soda?

better question: how clean are you eating right now?

off topic: whats poppin at northeast on haloween?
    test
  14. Ben Official

wisconsin is the place to be on halloween. for real.
    test
  15. Ben Official

by the way i got your PM, just instant message me when you get on. benzdabomb73
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

lol
    test
  17. Ben Official

you have no idea...
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

im sorry dude but wisconsin is the place to be if you want dairy. speaking of places to be ..where is wisconsin on a map? i could find kenya, bosnia, and kryzegistan(sp) before i could find wisconsin.
    test
  19. Psyence Phixion

nah i used to drink alot of soda but i havent had a sip in like 2 years. I eat pretty clean, Boloco shit is good - but it's healthy, rice + chicken + vegetables, or a caesar salad in a burrito. I eat like 2 slices of cheese pizza cuz the cafeteria here is whack for either lunch or dinner, i have no snacks, i dont eat past 6ish. i dont eat cake/chocolate/candy etc.
    test
  20. Psyence Phixion

idk whats goin on here for halloween but me and my boys are gonna dress up as dogs and our black friend is gonna go dressed in a mike vick jersey
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.