Abortion

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Yahunyahti, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Watching it right now . . . on video 2.
    Pretty good B Movie.
    test
  2. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

hahaha @ that movie, Menaz

What's it called?
    test
  3. test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The movie is called: Man from earth.

I didn't tell you what it was about, because, I knew if you watched it without knowing anything you would like it.

As I was watching it I thought their conversations seem very smiliar to our past conversations. I thought this movie is thought provoking. I knew you would find it entertaining at the very least. Once it gets going you become invested. It's a great movie without the bells and whistles. That's how I knew it was great.
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  7. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Yeah, it was a decent flick. I'm gonna have to purchase that one. Good acting for a low budget film too. At first it had a real hokey feel to it, but then it picked up.

I like the overall point. Logic and Reason are very vulnerable to persuasion.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

There is no way to tell what could or couldn't be possible. Notice he has a answer to everything. The biologist wanted to run test on him john simplely said... And become a project for the rest of my life I don't think so. Then when the biologist asked him... You don't think I would tell anyone do you? John replyed: The walls have ears. John didn't really do anything but tell the truth about himself. when they couldn't prove him wrong they became really upset so he coped out in the end an played it off like they give him the ideas and he just ran with it. By the end we're left thinking WTF he was lying... wait... holy shit! He wasn't lying!!!
    test
  9. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Funny how they became angry when he didn't tell them what they wanted to hear and were easily comforted when he lied to them by telling them he was lying all along, huh?

They weren't concerned with the truth in what he was saying, they were only concerned with their own ideas.
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Latter sentence is very true as well. They didn't have to but as men/women of science and pyschology they had to deduce john into fallacies. They could not do this, and in the end were very releaved to find out their some odd years of studing biology didn't have to be rewritten. And that christian theologist was elated with blessful ignorance that she got to keep her idealistic belief as a comforter. It's only when we've lost everything that we're free to do anything is how that saying goes but in this scenario crushing someones idealistic beliefs with the truth could cause a deathly heart attack. lol

I'm glad you liked the movie and piece of you could identify with it.
    It's up with other good movies iv'e seen that fuck with your sense of what is reality.
    test
  11. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I actually plan on purchasing it. I'll show it to my students next semester.

The moment he showed them his hands and began pretending that he wasn't, I knew that he was just doing it for them (because he knew it was really bothering the guy who lost his wife).

I have a list that will blow your mind. They are all in Chinese, Korean or Japanese . . . . but they do have subtitles. Would you want that list?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.