Aaliyah vs Ciara

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Jai-Z, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

no he's saying she wasn't consistently multiplatinum

I said she was

get ya mind right
    test
  2. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

She brought him out! Nobody knew who Timbaland was before Aaliyah - One In A Million!

but anyway they worked together they are both responsible for the success...they helped each other, can't just put it all on Timbaland because he's had some commercial flops like his own personal albums, Playa, Bubba Sparxxx, Ms. Jade, Nicole

Aaliyah was doing something, making magic. What you mean she would have languished? She was a star before Timbaland and if you don't believe that do your research.
    test
  3. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Too young to remember her?
    Dude I remember Sheila E...

Indeed, but she hadn't crossed over.
    She was an artist that was on her way, but she wasn't a Beyonce.
    She was beloved among Blacks... And on the brink of breaking out big.
    Doing crossover numbers... 4-5 milly.
    test
  4. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

The average person? No.
    But knowledgeable music fans did. I did.
    Because I was a huge Jodeci fan.

I don't know that I'd credit her with his success though.
    He's done quite a bit since she's been gone.

I think their pairing was beneficial for both of them.
    The second album was pushing her further towards crossover success though.
    You can't deny that.

She was definitely a known commodity beforehand, but in a much better place afterwards.
    test
  5. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Aaliyah takes it
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Aaliyah and not because she's dead.. because her music was tasteful and still sexy at the same time.
    test
  7. seraph

seraph New Member

im still offended you fags are comparing CIARA to AALIYAH

wow

ciara isnt close to a

wtf @ this comparison

you people are cornballs
    test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^Fuck Aaliyah... she was no goddess.
    test
  9. JazzieRay

JazzieRay New Member

Wow, and WHY is this stuff relevant? For you to compare Ciara and Aaliyah is kind of like a thumbs down for whomever started this thread. Aaliyah and Ciara ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT WOMEN, WITH THEIR OWN STYLE, OWN VOICE AND OWN LANE. Aaliyah came here, did her thing, made music and gained the respect of many people and the admiration of a lot of her fans. Even in death, she is not just remembered for being "beautiful" but for being humble and kind spirited. She had the personality that made her seem very approachable and she is really down to earth. You could tell through interviews and public appearances, she wasn't snotty and stuck up and rude and obnoxious or loud.

She respected herself and maintained her composure and had this alluring mystery about herself.

Ciara has just as much of the total package that Aaliyah did. She can sing and dance, she can do the acting thing too and she's damn good at it. Out of BOTH WOMEN NO ONE CAN DO WHAT AALIYAH AND CIARA DO PERIOD.

You guys are on here calling Aaliyah "average, unappealing" and all that other jazz maybe that's to YOU. She WAS AND STILL IS a special person and is very much missed.

Even Monica said in an interview that NO ONE can be like Aaliyah.

Ciara is making her mark on this industry and in this music biz just like Aaliyah did and years on down the line when Ciara passes people will remember her music and her persona as well. So what are you guys gonna do.. say she's overrated in the wake of her passing?

STOP COMPARING THEM. Let Aaliyah be Aaliyah and let Ciara be Ciara. Ciara even said she was a big Aaliyah fan and she looks up to her and Janet and Michael as inspirations. so what's the deal?

God, I'm so sick and tired of people comparing these two, they are NOTHING ALIKE.
    test
  10. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Personally I prefer Ciara.

Aside from a few songs Aaliyah bored me.
    test
  11. JazzieRay

JazzieRay New Member

Personally, I disagree. All I see Ciara doing is a modern day Madonna. Her moves now aren't anything new or amazing. I mean, in my opinion if you want to see the kinds of moves Ciara has done especially on her "Ciara: The Evolution and Fantasy Ride" albums you could easily go to your local strip club and watch a dancer, who much like Ciara is PAYED to move like that.

There was more to Aaliyah than just singing and dancing; she was just coming more into her own as an artist and the reason people tend to look at her as "overrated" or "boring" is because she didn't get to finish what she had started due to her death. I believe there would have been a LOT of things underneath her belt, had she of lived.

To this day, I don't see any other female artist, no matter HOW MUCH BETTER you may think their voice is than Aaliyah's do what she did. I can't picture myself listening to Beyonce or Rihanna or Keri Hilson singing "The One I Gave My Heart To, One In A Million, Back & Forth, Age Ain't Nothing But A Number, If Your Girl Only Knew, Are You That Somebody, Back In One Piece."

Aaliyah knew what she was doing and she had good support with it. Even 9 years after her death her fan base is STILL growing, regardless of all the negativity towards her and her singing.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.