Aaliyah vs Ciara

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Jai-Z, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

test
  2. seraph

seraph New Member

silly question.

Aaliyah is TWICE the artist of ciara, and i LOVE ciara

aaliyah was a beast
    test
  3. joell

joell Big Horny Male

Ciara is the best!
    test
  4. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I think they're both interchangeable.

Aaliyah gets overrated because she was "beautiful" and is now deceased.
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

Bitch Kill yo motherfucking self

Aaliyah was all that...the perfect star.... Great Great Great voice, flawless looks (no comparisons to a man here), model, great dancer, up and coming actor, great personality etc. etc. She was the cream of the crop when she was out. She was unique. She was great before she died. Aaliyah in 2001 was HIGHLY anticipated and was platinum before the plane crash. It was Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah & Brandy (you could throw Monica is as well but not really). She was a trendsetter. Three critically acclaimed albums. If she was still alive everyone would be compared to her not Beyonce. She was about to star in The Matrix. Her death is one of the all-time shocks of the music industry...she didn't die from health issues, disease, old age, drug overdose, suicide, homicide etc. She died from a plane crash in some islands at the height of her career and popularity. She transcended music. Really sad.

Ciara...I like Ciara...but she is not the cream of the crop right now. That title goes to Beyonce. Her songs do not compare to Aaliyah's singles. She's pretty but she isn't flawless, dancing about equal except Aaliyah was more a sexy dancer rather than a straight out 'bust a move' type lol. I guess you could call her an "actor" but that shit she played in had to be among the worse movies of all time.
    test
  6. ihatethisdamn

ihatethisdamn New Member

aalyiah vs. ciara

AALYIAH hands down! she can rock da boat
    test
  7. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Can't a man have an opinion?

Whatever you say, dude. She wasn't flawless, which is why I put "beautiful" in quotation marks. She was alright... her head was kinda long. She could use more T&A. She used to cake on the makeup... (flawless skin doesn't need to be covered like that.) Too skinny. But I see why so many cats dug her.

Her voice? Very average. Not much range at all. It doesn't move me. Just like Ciara's. She could dance. She played her part. She was successful.

But how did she transcend music?

I'm just tired of people overrating dead musicians.
    test
  8. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Aaliyah was charismatic.
    That's the one intangible Brandy and Monica never had.
    She had the "IT" factor.

She was painfully average. Ciara is a better vocalist.
    The studio recordings are enough to bare that out.

Ciara's no Whitney Houston, but she's a better singer than was Aaliyah.

Now... As artists... Aaliyah dwarfs Ciara.
    Because at this point in Ciara's career she's played it safe with a formula.
    I think she could surpass Aaliyah in terms of artistic value, but only if she breaks out and leaves the formula behind. Which probably won't happen.
    test
  9. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Ciara "WAS" a better vocalist than Aaliyah???? Am I reading this right???

Did you even look at the videos I posted aka proof that your wrong???

Didnt think so.
    test
  10. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Yall niggas are crazy and deaf if you think Ciara can sing better than Aaliyah... let alone any1!!!!
    test
  11. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

She was an Icon, a star when she was ALIVE...the only person making moves at the time like she was doing was JLo. Blockbuster Movies, Music, modeling, magazine covers, critically acclaimed classic albums, endorsements, etc. etc. She was gonna be in THE Matrix sequels... She was it. She was Beyonce before Beyonce was Beyonce. lol. She's not overrated. That's how she transcended music.

She was 1000 times better than "alright". Have you ever seen Aaliyah?!?!?!? She was a dime, top notch, straight teeth, real hair, down to earth...I mean what the fuck? She didn't have double d's you're right about that and she wasn't no Trina in the back, she was aight though but her face was beyond beautiful. Like I said...Beyonce before Beyonce was Beyonce.

I like Ciara, very much in fact (I was defending her to the bone after her debut and people were saying she sucked and was a man and all that other bs) and she's from the A...right down the street from where I went to HS, but her voice doesn't have SHIT on Aaliyah's voice as a matter of fact it's not even close. Aaliyah's voice blows her out the water...easily. Check those posted videos for more proof. You can't even name a great ballad Ciara has done....And I? Promise if you consider that a ballad.
    Aaliyah had At Your Best, Street Thing, One In A Million, Choosey Lover, 4 Page Letter, The One I Gave My Heart To, I Care 4 U...

Ciara is not as big after her second album as Aaliyah was after her second album. If Ciara was to tragically die (I really hope that doesn't happen) right now before her third album she would NOT become a legend.
    test
  12. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

I agree with Kon and Ix on this one. I'm not sure how you can call Aaliyah an icon.

She was an average artist who made pretty average music, but she was my favourite artist to look at, I'll tell you that.

She wasn't on beyonce's level vocally, nor artistically, and I can only guess ( because I can't remember ever seeing Aaliyah perform) that she wasn't on Beyonce's level as a performer.

I think Ciara is a better dancer, but neither moved me with their music in any real way. I think most of Aaliyah's appeal could be boiled down to her combination of beauty and humility-- I loved and respected her for that, but she was far from a musical icon.
    test
  13. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

As for the comparion: based on the first video, I will give the vocal edge to Aaliyah.
    test
  14. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Actually, I can't tell the difference... they sound very similar to me.

They both use vocal enhancements in the booth, as well.... to be fair, nearly every pop artist does that, but some do it more than others and some need it more than others... it's like makeup.
    test
  15. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I hear ya, man. But all those extras don't make her a better singer or artist. Classic albums? Okay, if you say so. She's overrated as a singer.

I've seen Aaliyah plenty of times. I watched her when she blew up and I finished watching "Romeo Must Die" a couple nights ago. She just don't do it for me. She's good-looking, but top-notch? Eh. She did seem cool as fuck, though. Like she's approachable and friendly. Unlike Brandy and Monica who appeared to be stuckup.
    test
  16. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

She wasn't bad as a performer... I think she was a better dancer than Beyonce... but Beyonce had a better presence.
    test
  17. Ixtlan

I'll be honest... The first time around I only skipped through the first video.
    After watching all three clips. I'm still convinced that Ciara is the better singer. She has more vocal ability.

Now what I might reconsider is who the better vocal performer is.
    That's quite obviously Aaliyah. She's far more dynamic.

If we're just talking chops though... Ciara still wins.
    test
  18. Ixtlan

Back away from the alcohol slowly.

Aaliyah appealed to some men.
    Beyonce is much more widely appealing.

She's beautiful and sexy...
    The object of virtually every man's fantasy.

That was never the case with Aaliyah.
    She was beautiful though. No question about it.
    test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

And to be sure, Aaliyah was never as large as Beyonce. Aaliyah was just known and loved in the black community primarily. Beyonce is known and loved worldwide.

"Romeo Must Die" was a critical and commercial failure, as well.
    test
  20. Ixtlan

Aaliyah was on the cusp though Kon.
    She was standing right at the door of crossover success before she died.

And I think she'd actually seen flashes of it prior to.
    Remember... She was consistently multi-plantinum.
    I think her third album did 3 milly.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.