AAANNNDDD The 2013 Rapper of the Year Is...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Superman70

Superman70 edited

sometimes there's less subjectivity and something leaning more toward universal acclaim.

i think that's what he was aiming at.
    test
  2. Jimmy Conway1

Jimmy Conway1 Member

The year is not over. The game is still wide open for the taking. Kendrick had the most controversial verse. Eminem had the best verse this year, Kendrick a close 2nd place. I wouldn't argue though if someone felt the exact opposite.

I
    test
  3. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

Lol, what the fuck does THAT mean???
    test
  4. Louis Armstrong

I wouldn't have an issue with putting Macklemore there. After all, thrift shop was the biggest hit of the yesr, and IT IS hip hop whether we like it or not.

My only problem is that the streets are not fucking with him like that. If the streets ain't fucking with it, you ain't shit.

But I have a question for you, what the fuck is a Dessa????
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

youre so fucking stupid. you let other motherfuckers determine what dope music is for you? good luck with life.
    test
  6. Louis Armstrong

We're talking about relevancy dumbass. How can you be rapper of the year if the streets don't fuck with you and you have no mainstream exposure?

Anyways, it is clear that you are talking straight out of your vagina.
    test
  7. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

See now, I downloaded kendricks shit and wasn't impressed, I think he's got to much hype. Maybe you guys could hand pick some of his better songs so I can listen to them? If you had to sell somebody on kendrick, but only had two songs to do it, what two songs of his would you suggest?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  8. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

This.

Remember Mims. LOL. This is why I'm hot. Label made rappers staying out their careers in the top 100 n shit. Ftl

test
  9. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Starting *

test
  10. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

The streets of Seattle fucks with it. I mean I don't even like it like that, but niggas want to talk impact. Impact wise Macklemore is global, he is more pop and global mainstream than K Dot.
    test
  11. MAAD1

MAAD1 New Member

Which one did you listened to? I've been listening to him since section 80 and before it was cool (lol).

Section 80: "fuck your ethnicity", "ADHD", "Ronald Reagan era", "spiteful chant" (dat wood kid sample tho), "rigamortis", "hiiiPOWER"

good kid, M.A.A.D city: "bitch, don't kill my vibe remix" (you little fuq lol), "the art of peer pressure", "money trees", "good kid", "M.A.A.D city", "sing about me"

These songs show's his skill on the mike. He puts a lot of effort on his features too. "control", "1 train", "the city"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  12. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Macklemore is candy rap for white suburban parents to be ok with. i.e. Mims- this is why I'm hotttt

test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

uh, do you LISTEN to macklemore? because he's actually the opposite of how you just described him.
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I made this thread, and Rapper of the year means whoever is putting out the best quality music right now in 2013. Theres no point in discussing what rapper the streets want to listen to because

a. we'd all be listing the same nigga

b. I dont give a fuck what the streets think about hip hop because I have a better taste in music than "the streets"

c. think for your self for god sakes.
    test
  15. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Rappers get Street credit for a reason man. It doesn't happen because people are just listening to what other people are listening to. People are all listening to the same people cuz they are good. Mims, no street cred, yet sold albums. Macklemore, no street cred, selling all sorts of albums. Candy label made rappers that get forced onto radio stations, therefor are forced to get popular, therefor every target, Walmart, best buy, etc. Stocks their shelves with the album... Therefor they just sold 750,000 copies first week just to fill the store orders. Macklemore is prime example of this. Catchy songs = millions. I bet the beats and hooks are written out of house, not even by that big black dude, and he comes in and sings the hook. Label turns to the white dude and hands him an album of beats with hooks and says... Now fill in these verses bitch boy. Matter fact. Someone pull up the song credits for that album. Bet every track has written by Macklemore and Jason Lee Simons or Sarah Johnson or some shit. Lmao

test
  16. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Rappers that don't have Street cred don't last. Look at plies. He ran from somebody like Chris Brown or some shit cut he was scared and fell the fuck off.

test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

yeah, I really doubt you know who macklemore is. you realize he owns his own label right? and what he did with The Heist album RARELY happens, especially in the download era... and lastly, he doesn't make "candy" rap... he's like a younger version of slug... if you know who slug is....
    test
  18. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Lol. Do I know who slug is. Kid I'm from saint Paul, Minneapolis. Matter fact I'm writing this downtown. And he is NOT a younger version of slug. Jeeeesus. Just cuz he's white u jump to slug. When he sounds more like someone taking a shit then he does slug.

Your mistaking macklemores inability to rap with slugs unconventional style of rapping. And comparing him to a decent artist at best isn't helping your argument AT ALL

test
  19. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Man if anything Macklemore is a watered-down cartoon version of Slug.
    test
  20. MAAD1

MAAD1 New Member

Preach!

This "streets are listening" thing is retarded. These "streets" are a majority of idiots who would claim rappers like big Sean, tyga, and lil wayne are best rappers of the year, hands down. What you call "streets", I call mainstream. Who you think has more talent is all that should matter, not who has a better label.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    test