A Special Rest In Peace To KOTD's 'Bruce B' [Aug22.1985 - March 28.2011]

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by _Organik_, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Jesus Christ.
    test
  2. Musashi

Musashi W and Ls dont define me

rip homie, gone too soon. your positive attitude is something we could all see and we should use that as an example of how we can make life better for each other. thanks for the memories
    test
  3. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard Ballah

They used one of his songs to introduce the Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers game.

Good look HNIC. R.I.P. Bruce
    test
  4. sketchmenace

sketchmenace New Member

This is fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Even in death bruce holds down king of the dot......... You're the man dude.ill bet bruce is going nuts right now, wherever he is.

"king of the dot, where the finest hip hop rappers in the land square off", ron mclean

hahahahaha dope!!!!
    test
  5. Elliptical

Elliptical New Member

That caught me by surprise too. R.I.P. Bruce
    test
  6. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

thisis on the main cbc site. thisis what ron mclean had to say
    Hockey connections that live on - Ron MacLean

"This week Bruce Oake, the beloved son of Scott and Anne Oake, brother to Darcy, died at the age of 25. Bruce could not break the chains of his addiction in time. He had many, many dear friends. At Simon House, a treatment and sober living facility in Calgary which you may support in Bruce's honour (5819 Bowness Road NW Calgary, AB T3B 0C5) and at King of the Dot entertainment where he worked, starred, and was adored.

Bruce first made his name as a Canada Games boxer.

A couple of things.

If you're scared of the puppet master -- drugs or alcohol -- as I am, a few of my favourite books are Metallica and Philosophy, by William Irwin and When All You Have is Hope by Frank O'Dea.

You'll gain an understanding of first and second order desires. Of the horrible line we may live between self-loathing and self-worship. The metronome of artistic wisdom.

The incredible Win Butler of Arcade Fire recently spoke about the circles we run in. He painted a picture I prefer when he said, "you get a group of people together and they keep each other down or enable each other to cut loose. We give each other to lose ourselves in our music."

But Win recognizes the struggle of the modern kids (listen to Rococo). The habit of getting lost is hard to control.

Bruce was a gift, one of those unique seeds that grows us all. A quarter century seems like it's not enough. But Bruce is not lost. He will be found in the rest of us. A few years ago when Scott interviewed Snoop Dogg during the 2007 Stanley Cup final, we were all amazed to see Scott hold his own with the hip hop legend. Scott later explained how his sons had tipped him off, and guided him through the chat.

Bruce, Long may you swizzle. Blessings.

Ron"
    test
  7. Heebus PVP

Heebus PVP Registered Abuser

Good old Ron... well said.

My condolences to his family and friends. It is such a tragedy when parents outlive their children.

RIP

[​IMG]
    test
  8. Saddle Rattle

Saddle Rattle Sup

Damn that video brought tears to my eyes, shit is just amazing

once again R.I.P bruce
    test
  9. MattDaley403

MattDaley403 New Member

So amazing to see u remembered like that bro...my thoughts rest with your family now my bro! God u were a cute kid haha u had me crying bad on that one man . Anyway I know your at peace now, I pray u r able to watch upon us and see how much we loved u and supported u.
    test
  10. Deffinition

Deffinition New Member

Rest in peace again man
    test
  11. Dougay43

Dougay43 Member

Does anyone have a link to the intro for the canucks and oilers game?
    test
  12. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

HD Version

[youtube]ZLwW_s-n5yA[/youtube]
    test
  13. MattLee

MattLee New Member

that's dope. R.I.P
    test
  14. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

always happens when it shouldnt, lost a friend in october over a similar situation.. still cant believe it, i understand what every one of you who were close to him feels its not right never will be but the best thing you can do is learn from it

rip
    test
  15. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

test
  16. B whun

B whun 3 card molly wop

test
  17. B whun

B whun 3 card molly wop

wow thats huge.
    test
  18. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

I watched his 2 on 2 again and bruce absolutely killed it, real talk. One thing i noticed is that he didn't stop laughing the whole time and as a result, everyone was relaxed and killed it. You can tell when that dude was around people were just havin fun and I totally understand his problem cause I have the exact same one.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.